J1 SouthEast Final

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Number22
Beginner

J1 SouthEast Final

Post by Number22 »

At a meeting of The South East Committee, it was decided that as there are no dates available to play the Final, the Title of South East J1 Winner will be shared between Rathdrum and Enniscorthy. So, congratulations Rathdrum RFC for winning the J1 South East for the first time in our history.
What a joke ? Why wasnt final played there is still 4/5 week left to play final
Who wants to share a Cup ?
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Re: J1 SouthEast Final

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Don't know what you're complaining about. You hadn't a hope of beating 'Scorthy. Enjoy the cup. Will the 2 halves be able to be superglued back into a decent state for next season?
Cubs fan, Bud man.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

8M LEINSTAW wrote:Don't know what you're complaining about. You hadn't a hope of beating 'Scorthy. Enjoy the cup. Will the 2 halves be able to be superglued back into a decent state for next season?
That's completely missing the point. I would rather lose a final than share without playing.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Load of nonsense. Surely this could be played mid week now the clocks have gone back. Even a 7pm KO next week would be playable without lights...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

gleesonisgod wrote:
8M LEINSTAW wrote:Don't know what you're complaining about. You hadn't a hope of beating 'Scorthy. Enjoy the cup. Will the 2 halves be able to be superglued back into a decent state for next season?
That's completely missing the point. I would rather lose a final than share without playing.
Agree that Rathdrum hadnt a prayer. But it is absolutley not the point. Game should have been played mid week.
ufo
Beginner

Post by ufo »

Number22 wrote:At a meeting of The South East Committee, it was decided that as there are no dates available to play the Final, the Title of South East J1 Winner will be shared between Rathdrum and Enniscorthy. So, congratulations Rathdrum RFC for winning the J1 South East for the first time in our history.
What a joke ? Why wasnt final played there is still 4/5 week left to play final
Who wants to share a Cup ?
The Enniscorthy players are absolutely fuming over this..... a very unsatisfactory way to end the season. It is my understanding that Rathdrum didn't want to play as their overseas players were returning home a few more were concentrating on GAA. Makes a complete joke of the SE League and commitee you govern this comp.