Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

stronger95

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by stronger95 »

Buenavista wrote:Belvo 8
Wesley 10
fairplay wesley, would have taken something else to beat belvo! :clap:
Last edited by stronger95 on February 6th, 2010, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madbarry
Beginner

Post by madbarry »

Belvo beaten 10-8!!! Wesley weren't even in the betting odds above?? That must have been a bit of a shock result??? Rock look good as always
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Tough on Wesley,they get a great result and as a reward have to play Blackrock.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

St.Michaels 26-3 Killkenny College
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

I'm hearing Clongowes beat High School 81-0. How is that even possible in 60 mins? You would struggle to do that in Lomu.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Newbridge beat CBC 22-0
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

pres bray 27 - 0 ST Pats Navan
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

gleesonisgod wrote:I'm hearing Clongowes beat High School 81-0. How is that even possible in 60 mins? You would struggle to do that in Lomu.
cup is 70 mins this year...same as the S
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

does anybody know how clongowes did this year pre-cup? did they beat any of the other "big 6"?
mooney 95
Beginner

Post by mooney 95 »

clongowes did nt luk strong against high school. they were big however high school players 7, 10, 15 nd 9 were being rested for the upcoming fr. godfrey semi final. so clongowes reli just hammered a high school B team in Suttionians
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

mooney 95 wrote:clongowes did nt luk strong against high school. they were big however high school players 7, 10, 15 nd 9 were being rested for the upcoming fr. godfrey semi final. so clongowes reli just hammered a high school B team in Suttionians
You won't pass your Junior Cert with spelling like that.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

gleesonisgod wrote:
mooney 95 wrote:clongowes did nt luk strong against high school. they were big however high school players 7, 10, 15 nd 9 were being rested for the upcoming fr. godfrey semi final. so clongowes reli just hammered a high school B team in Suttionians
You won't pass your Junior Cert with spelling like that.
Punctuation, grammar, where do I start :D
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

bgmusic wrote:Tough on Wesley,they get a great result and as a reward have to play Blackrock.
Yeah but look what Gerard's did this week in the Senior Cup, if Wesley can beat Belvo why shouldn't they believe they can upset Rock...??
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

If that is true, it makes a mockery of the competition. It is an insult to all the teams who would have loved the opportunity of a run in the competition, in particular the CUS team that they knocked out. Worst of all, whoever made the decision to rest half the team must have known that the rest of the squad were being sent out to be embarrassed in front of their school. I'm sure that there will be an increase in first years boys playing hockey after it too.

The reality is that they have little or no hope of winning the Fr Godfrey Cup given that if they do get to the final, they play Wesley or Pres Bray in the final either of whom would be expected to put 30 points on them.

Given all this, we should have some interesting quarter finals. Wesley will give Rock a serious challenge, Newbridge could very easily turn over Terenure, Castleknock will fancy themselves against Michaels and Pres Bray (unlike High School)will give Clongowes a serious game. I think we will be looking at at least one big upset in the quarters.
mooney 95
Beginner

Post by mooney 95 »

high school may have disrespected the cup by playin their seconds
however ive been watchin 2 of their matches nd they luk 2 be able 2 win this combonation
they have a killer 10, amazing lineout and a scrumhalf who is just a savage
i wudnt under estimate high school
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

mooney 95 wrote:high school may have disrespected the cup by playin their seconds
however ive been watchin 2 of their matches nd they luk 2 be able 2 win this combonation
Your English teacher is currently stabbing himself in the eyes with a pencil :D
Come on lads, just a tiny tiny effort. Were not texting each other here.
(Or may be I'm just bitter at being knocked out of the JC by High School in the 70s :wink: )
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

mooney 95 wrote:high school may have disrespected the cup by playin their seconds

What is your first language? It obviously isn't English!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Exile wrote: What is your first language? It obviously isn't English!
Ah yeah! you may be brave now, but just wait until he gets home from school!
He'll snort a whole bucket of creatine and come looking for us both :shock:
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

How can a lineout be amazing at J's. It's basically just a gushee? Or have they introduced lifting.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

gleesonisgod wrote:
How can a lineout be amazing at J's. It's basically just a gushee? Or have they introduced lifting.
full lineouts this year, lifting pods etc
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009