Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

kckrugby

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by kckrugby »

Yeah fantastic game, Billy Dardis the Newbridge ten is really a player to look out for. Fantastic prospect and in truth was really the difference between the sides. Newbridge probably just about deserved to win it but Kilkenny looked comfortable at 6-5 until the blocked down kick and breakway try.
pass it out
Beginner

Post by pass it out »

kckrugby wrote:Yeah fantastic game, Billy Dardis the Newbridge ten is really a player to look out for. Fantastic prospect and in truth was really the difference between the sides. Newbridge probably just about deserved to win it but Kilkenny looked comfortable at 6-5 until the blocked down kick and breakway try.
yes they did. the number 10 was good most of the kilkenny team played well.
NBCK

Post by NBCK »

Newbridge won the league final 12-6 great win for them. :D
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

Does anybody know the outright odds?
Buenavista
Beginner

Post by Buenavista »

Leinster Schools Fr Godfrey Cup 1st Round

High School 19

Wait for it:
.CUS 18
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Buenavista wrote:Leinster Schools Fr Godfrey Cup 1st Round

High School 19

Wait for it:
.CUS 18
:(
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

outright odds came up on paddy power today

michaels: favourites but no odds given
terenure: 7/2
blackrock: 4/1
belvo: 8/1
Clongowes 8/1
marys: 10/1
castleknock: 10/1
KH: 20/1
newbridge: 20/1
kilkenny: 50/1
gonzaga: 50/1

bit harsh on newbridge mabye???
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Castleknock look good at 10/1. Clongowes are supposed to be poor dont know why there 8/1
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Castleknock haven´t won a Senior or Junior cup for over forty years, bookies are not stupid.
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

RoscoBosco wrote:Castleknock look good at 10/1. Clongowes are supposed to be poor dont know why there 8/1
Clongowes might be poor but they have a handy run through to the semi finals. They will play a qualifier in the first round and quarter finals. So they only really have to win two tough games to win it. Newbrodge are 20/1 for a reason. They have a tough draw and the League champions often struggle in the cup. CBC will give them a tough game before they come up against Michaels. The value in the betting seems to be Castleknock but my advice would be to keep your money in your pocket. If you remember last year, all the early favorites lost in the first or second rounds.

If Clongowes are poor, is their a chance that they could get caught by one of the qualifiers. Not sure who they would face, but you would imagine that Roscrea or Pres Bray from the Godfrey would be tough games for most teams.
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

If Newbridge beat CBC they will play Marys or Terenure not Michaels
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

combatlogo wrote:
Buenavista wrote:Leinster Schools Fr Godfrey Cup 1st Round

High School 19

Wait for it:
.CUS 18
:(
Its alright CL, next year is our year! :wink:
pass it out
Beginner

Post by pass it out »

everyone is sure michaels will win hand down, have not seen the play are the that good or are they been talked up.
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

Pres Bray 22-13 St. Andrews
St pats navan 20-13 st gerrards
Buenavista
Beginner

Post by Buenavista »

Wesley 14
Roscrea 8
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Michaels beat Newbridge 19-10 in a friendly yesterday
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

pass it out wrote:everyone is sure michaels will win hand down, have not seen the play are the that good or are they been talked up.
Am a member of the great Michael's JCT dream team of 1982....do you remember us?

er...no....thats coz we won nothing (or you weren't born), lost in the quarters to the beaten finalists Terenure: 8-0

We beat all comers in the friendlies that year including Rock (36-0)....who won the cup?...Rock

Reason for not fulfilling potential: we believed our own hype. Was lucky to win plenty after school but only had the Under 13s medal of 1980 to show for school years. Holy Ghost old-boys read on...Beating Rock in final who had Economist David McWilliams (he didn't predict that one either :-) ) and my future team mate Alain Rolland (sub that day I think). We just had that funny bloke Risteard 'Apres Match' Cooper.

Point being that we were a damn good team from 1980 to 1982 but let our self image go to our heads and flunked out in the JCT/SCT

Have a Godson playing on this year's team...hope he is not listening to or reading the hype here

Jeez - where did that all come from? Probbaly not a good idea to have rambled on and am bracing myself for the funny guys.

I just hope any current JCT guys manage to stay humble and let their actions and results be the measure of how good they are.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

backrower8 wrote:
pass it out wrote:everyone is sure michaels will win hand down, have not seen the play are the that good or are they been talked up.
Am a member of the great Michael's JCT dream team of 1982....do you remember us?

er...no....thats coz we won nothing (or you weren't born), lost in the quarters to the beaten finalists Terenure: 8-0

We beat all comers in the friendlies that year including Rock (36-0)....who won the cup?...Rock

Reason for not fulfilling potential: we believed our own hype. Was lucky to win plenty after school but only had the Under 13s medal of 1980 to show for school years. Holy Ghost old-boys read on...Beating Rock in final who had Economist David McWilliams (he didn't predict that one either :-) ) and my future team mate Alain Rolland (sub that day I think). We just had that funny bloke Risteard 'Apres Match' Cooper.

Point being that we were a damn good team from 1980 to 1982 but let our self image go to our heads and flunked out in the JCT/SCT

Have a Godson playing on this year's team...hope he is not listening to or reading the hype here

Jeez - where did that all come from? Probbaly not a good idea to have rambled on and am bracing myself for the funny guys.

I just hope any current JCT guys manage to stay humble and let their actions and results be the measure of how good they are.
The same thing pretty much happened to the Michaels sCT in the 1988 final.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

combatlogo wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

The same thing pretty much happened to the Michaels sCT in the 1988 final.
I take your point but with all due respect I think that losing in the '82 JCT quarters and then in the first round of the SCT in '84 is failure on a whole different level to getting to the S final and losing - at least they got to the final but I suppose it could be said they did not play to their potential as they got caught in the headlights of the School's first ever final.

I have no doubt but that Roo and the other team members of '88 lads have far worse painful memories about unfulfilled potential than I do given they were in touching distance of the Holy Grail.
Buenavista
Beginner

Post by Buenavista »

Belvo 8
Wesley 10