Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

lebowski
Learner

Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by lebowski »

Same as the SCT thread - Results, teams to watch etc. Juniors is always far more open than senior and the smaller schools tend to have a decent chance in the cup. I presume Rock are the team to beat but I heard CUS, Newbridge and CBC of the smaller schools are useful this year.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by Slipper1 »

I think we all know who the force in this years cup will be.
Get in the f%~king bag.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Slipper1 wrote:I think we all know who the force in this years cup will be.
Yes. Yes, we do!
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Apparently St Michaels and Blackrock are way ahead of everyone else this year. I saw Clongowes beat CBC on Saturday and both were pretty average (Clongowes won by 14). Clongowes had a massive prop in the Tony Buckley mode! CBC are really small. I know that in friendlies Michaels beat CBC easily and that Pres Bray lost to Rock 13-10 and Michaels by 20-11 last week. Apparently the Michaels full back is going to be the stand out player this year. Based on those results, Pres might be the team to beat in the league. CUS might put them in their place though!
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

lebowski wrote:Apparently St Michaels and Blackrock are way ahead of everyone else this year. I saw Clongowes beat CBC on Saturday and both were pretty average (Clongowes won by 14). Clongowes had a massive prop in the Tony Buckley mode! CBC are really small. I know that in friendlies Michaels beat CBC easily and that Pres Bray lost to Rock 13-10 and Michaels by 20-11 last week. Apparently the Michaels full back is going to be the stand out player this year. Based on those results, Pres might be the team to beat in the league. CUS might put them in their place though!
I'm pretty sure CBC drew with Michaels in their friendly.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

bunty85 wrote:
lebowski wrote:Apparently St Michaels and Blackrock are way ahead of everyone else this year. I saw Clongowes beat CBC on Saturday and both were pretty average (Clongowes won by 14). Clongowes had a massive prop in the Tony Buckley mode! CBC are really small. I know that in friendlies Michaels beat CBC easily and that Pres Bray lost to Rock 13-10 and Michaels by 20-11 last week. Apparently the Michaels full back is going to be the stand out player this year. Based on those results, Pres might be the team to beat in the league. CUS might put them in their place though!
I'm pretty sure CBC drew with Michaels in their friendly.
no, michaels won it 10-7...there was supposed to be two games, firsts and seconds...cbc turned up without enough numbers for a seconds fixture so the michaels seconds were left without a game so 15 of them were subbed on at half time to play in the firsts game.

the gick are also strong this year
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Leinster BULL
Bookworm

Post by Leinster BULL »

Castleknock a team 2 watch out for also
Played the gik on sat Knock won
Ohhhhhhhhhh yessssss
Radioactive Man
Beginner

Post by Radioactive Man »

I also heard that Castleknock looked good and gave Terenure a good beating
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

the michaels JCT are looking good.
methody 0 - 45 St Michaels
St Michaels 40 - 8 Blackrock

they also beat the gick by 20
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Newbridge beat CBC 25 - 0 in the league
NBCK

Post by NBCK »

Newbridge beat CBC in a thrilling match.Newbridge's defence was spectacular on their line not allowing CBC in for atleast 15 minutes, CBC kept pounding away trying to get over the line but didn't succeed. The Final score Newbridge 25 CBC 0.
Newbridge have quite a good team this year and I would not be surprised if they won the league and maybe even more.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Last edited by bunty85 on May 3rd, 2023, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

NBCK wrote:Newbridge beat CBC in a thrilling match.Newbridge's defence was spectacular on their line not allowing CBC in for atleast 15 minutes, CBC kept pounding away trying to get over the line but didn't succeed. The Final score Newbridge 25 CBC 0.
Newbridge have quite a good team this year and I would not be surprised if they won the league and maybe even more.
Not too sure about that. From what I see, Newbridge have already lost to Pres Bray in the league so if they lose again (maybe to KH who beat Pres and hammered Roscrea), they will seriously struggle to get out of the group. Still looks like its two from KH, Pres Bray, Newbridge and Roscrea with bonus points being really important. I think Roscrea play Pres Bray on Wednesday and KH play Newbridge so the group will be a lot clearer this weak. Great result against CBC though.

I don't know how many traditionally strong Junior teams (Newbridge, CBC, Roscrea, Pres Bray and KH) can end up in one group and so many weak teams in the other (Templeogue, St Gerards, Wesley and CUS).
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Luck of the draw I suppose that Kilkenny and Gonzaga have "weaker" opposition in their group. Both have qualified for the semis already and they've only played 3 games. Big one for them is who comes first to avoid first place in other group, where there are 5 teams still in with a chance of reaching semis.
Newbridge seem to be the side to beat, certainly if 25-0 against CBC is taken into account. Would imagine Pres beat them due to a lot going in their favour; journey from Newbridge to Bray, first match in league. Very hard to say who is the better side at this early stage. The 5 could continue to take points of each other and bonus points sort it out at the end.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

lebowski wrote: I don't know how many traditionally strong Junior teams (Newbridge, CBC, Roscrea, Pres Bray and KH) can end up in one group and so many weak teams in the other (Templeogue, St Gerards, Wesley and CUS).
The draw was obviously fixed - all those schools were scared of facing the mighty CUS

8)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Leinster BULL
Bookworm

Post by Leinster BULL »

true blue 06 wrote:the michaels JCT are looking good.
methody 0 - 45 St Michaels
St Michaels 40 - 8 Blackrock

they also beat the gick by 20
Knock also played methody i heard they won by 19 points noting like Micheals tho
Does anyone know were/when they are playn
Ohhhhhhhhhh yessssss
mekelle

Post by mekelle »

is it true that Castleknock beat Blackrock yesterday, if true were Rock missing any players
Would be a great result for Knock, big things are expected of this team
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

true blue 06 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuyyT-U ... re=related

embarrassing for castleknock.
Golf Alpha Yankee! :lol:
puppy

Post by puppy »

Knock 45- Belvo 3

Knock are still unbeaten after playing terenure,metody,blackrock belvo, and many more