Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

oveere

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by oveere »

mooney 95 wrote:id say high school cud win this competition
they mauled clongowes out of it
nd they killed cus all around the park
wesley beat cus by 30 points in their last match before the cup. i think wesley will win the godfrey. but pres have to be beaten 1st!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

St Michael's 24-7 Blackrock :D

St Michael's were 7-0 down at half time

Nice team performance. Got more accuracy into their kicking in second half (there wa far too much kicking down the throats in 1st) but generally mixed it up well, got into position and executed well.

Over to Terenure and Clongowes to decide the name of the other finalist.
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

Pres 16 - 7 Wesley

high school beat navan in the other semi final aswell but im not sure of the score. 17-15 i think.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Michael's now have reached 4 JCT finals in 4 years......but no trophy in the last 3....gulp.

The SCT have reached their 3rd final in 5 years - with 1 from 2 so far.

If we were paying golf we would be seeded 1.....but we are not!! :lol:
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

LBar wrote:Pres 16 - 7 Wesley

high school beat navan in the other semi final aswell but im not sure of the score. 17-15 i think.
Mooney95 is going to be a happy boy tonight. They'll find it hard to beat Pres but I hope they do it. He's been talking up Godfrey success since they were hammered by Clongowes
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Any word on Ternure V Clongowes??
Beltza
Learner

Post by Beltza »

Armchair wrote:Any word on Ternure V Clongowes??
The Leinster Rugby site (remarkably quickly) says 20-10 to Terenure.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Yeah 20-10 to Terenure. Clongowes started well and got a terrific try from their hooker who showed great pace.

After that it was pretty much all Terenure as they dominated possession.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

JCT final march 21st in donnybrook; repeat of last year St.Michaels vs Terenure.. michaels 4th final in a row and terenure's 2nd, strong senior cup teams ahead for the two schools you would imagine
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Congrats to the Terenure JCT who put in a cracking five try performance to beat a very game St. Michael's today in Donnybrook. Super day of rugby, great weather, great support and a ton of skill and commitment on show. Twenty years without a Leinster Schools Junior Cup and then two come along at once!
Beltza
Learner

Post by Beltza »

It was the first time I'd been to a JCT match in a long time, and so I was impressed by the skill levels and physicality. Something did strike me though: like many successful Clongowes SCT sides of old, Terenure lived on the pick and drive and almost never released their back line. I wonder if this is the way with lots of schools teams. Obviously Leinster schools produce lots of fine, skilful backs, and back row players, but not so many fine tight forwards. Is this because they are not coached in technique beyond retaining possession at the breakdown, I wonder?
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

Pres Bray won the godfrey cup 20-6
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Beltza wrote:It was the first time I'd been to a JCT match in a long time, and so I was impressed by the skill levels and physicality. Something did strike me though: like many successful Clongowes SCT sides of old, Terenure lived on the pick and drive and almost never released their back line. I wonder if this is the way with lots of schools teams. Obviously Leinster schools produce lots of fine, skilful backs, and back row players, but not so many fine tight forwards. Is this because they are not coached in technique beyond retaining possession at the breakdown, I wonder?
That's not how they played the semi. I think they just decided that the pack was much bigger than Michael's so to go down that route.