Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

madbarry
Beginner

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Post by madbarry »

ruckruck wrote:firstly,touch Judge named the wrong player in his report, named the "victim" as Marys no.4, who can be clearly seen standing at the ruck where the alleged eye-gouging took place,

secondly,St Marys players could be clearly seen and heard stating "gouging ref" on a previous play whereby the referee said "no",

lastly the touch judge in question clearly reacted to the Marys players shouts and those of past pupils around him without actually having seen the alleged incident himself.

as for a senior counsel getting involved, if i had been accused of something like this and I hadnt done, id employ an entire legal team to ensure I got off but that wouldnt change the fact that my name had been tarnished.

A final point, where was the Marys player in all this, what does he have to say

But the video evidence didnt show he didnt do it either :?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Durkah Durkah wrote:
Whatever happens the refs are going to want something that doesn't make a mockery of their presence or decisions on a pitch. I don't think the disciplinary panel thought very thoroughly about their decision and were just anxious not to suffer in the same way as The I.T.
How did the IT suffer?
A proud Winsome Fluter
viigand
Learner

Post by viigand »

combatlogo wrote:
ruckruck wrote:firstly,touch Judge named the wrong player in his report, named the "victim" as Marys no.4, who can be clearly seen standing at the ruck where the alleged eye-gouging took place,

secondly,St Marys players could be clearly seen and heard stating "gouging ref" on a previous play whereby the referee said "no",

lastly the touch judge in question clearly reacted to the Marys players shouts and those of past pupils around him without actually having seen the alleged incident himself.

as for a senior counsel getting involved, if i had been accused of something like this and I hadnt done, id employ an entire legal team to ensure I got off but that wouldnt change the fact that my name had been tarnished.

How are preparations for the final going down in Clane? :roll:
they're going for shock and awe. believe ian presley is advising.

:lol: :lol:
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

So what, that doesn't mean he got it wrong.

Again, so what?

What are you basing this on? James Fegan saw it from a couple of metres, of that I have no doubt.

Mary's declined to send a player or a rep.

This case has highlighted the shambolic nature of Branch disciplinary procedures. I sincerely hope Michael's kick the fcuk out of CWC, they have brought the game into disrepute by their actions.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

From todays IT
THE ASSOCIATION of Referees of the Leinster Branch (ARLB) have stated they will not be attending any further disciplinary hearings of the Leinster Branch until procedures are clarified and they are legally represented.

The decision was taken at a meeting late last night regarding the recent disciplinary hearing of Clongowes Wood College senior cup player Conor Gilsenan.

“The referees are not happy with the current disciplinary procedures followed by the Leinster Branch and we have asked a few points to be considered,” the referees say in their statement.

“Firstly, the number of people sitting on committees must be reduced.”

The recent Gilsenan hearing on March 5th resulted in the schoolboy being found not guilty of making contact with the eye area of a St Mary’s player in the Leinster Schools semi-final on February 28th. Gilsenan was red carded in the 66th minute of that match.

“There were six people on the committee and only three on the IRB. Normally there would be a four-man committee. No reason was given for this by the Leinster Branch. Until proper procedures are in place our members will not be attending any disciplinary hearings,” continued the statement.

“The touch judge at the centre of the whole affair (James Fegan) made a statement and said it was a very harrowing week for himself and his whole family.

“While we are not disappointed with the result that came from the disciplinary hearing and we have to respect that result we have a problem with the procedures that are laid down by the Leinster Branch.

“The referee can only be examined by the chairman of the committee (Fred Gilligan) and that didn’t happen.

“In future if an official is to attend a disciplinary hearing they will be legally represented.”

After the March 5th hearing the Leinster Branch stated: “The committee was not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, on the evidence adduced and bearing in mind the video evidence as also adduced, that Conor Gilsenan was guilty of making contact with the eye or eye area of an opposing player. And, accordingly, the committee recommends no further sanction.”

The final between Clongowes and St Michael’s next Wednesday will be refereed by John Carvill.

The Ireland under-20s will take on their Welsh counterparts at Dubarry Park tonight (7.35pm).
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

This is shocking. I can only assume that the TJ was put under huge pressure by either the LB or CWC (or their representatives).
ARLB wrote:
“The touch judge at the centre of the whole affair (James Fegan) made a statement and said it was a very harrowing week for himself and his whole family.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:This is shocking. I can only assume that the TJ was put under huge pressure by either the LB or CWC (or their representatives).
ARLB wrote:
It is shocking - and these guys are doing it for the love of the game, they are not paid and probably took time off work to run the line that day.
Get in the f%~king bag.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Very glad that the decks have been cleared in relation to the Final at least and it can now procede without the drag factor of what the referees may or may not decide to do in respect of the Final.

I am troubled by the Referees insistence that in future they will ne legally represented. That is what we most definitely need to AVOID.
viigand
Learner

Post by viigand »

combatlogo wrote:

Again, so what?

What are you basing this on? James Fegan saw it from a couple of metres, of that I have no doubt.

This case has highlighted the shambolic nature of Branch disciplinary procedures. I sincerely hope Michael's kick the fcuk out of CWC, they have brought the game into disrepute by their actions.
The Michael's marines will be out to kick ass comrade.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

viigand wrote:
combatlogo wrote:

Again, so what?

Sorry but what sort of a juvenile comment is that? What value does it add to this discussion?
Do you not suspect that the CWC 'marines' will also be out to 'kick ass'?!

At least viigand was not as gutteral as combatlogo's infantile trype about kicking 'the fcuk out of CWC'.

That is not a true rugby person's attitude or ethos. Keep that sort of moronic approach for whatever computer games you are into. By all means play the game as tough as you can, cheer with all you've got but keep respect at the core at all times.

We still have something special in this sport and in these competitions where the friendships between past pupils and their families developed through playing and supporting endure over the decdes and I for one am not prepared to let it be hijacked by people who don't get it.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

viigand wrote:
Hi there Ian Tambourine man...how is the shock therapy going? Why did you register on here under a username of someone else on Munsterfans?
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

backrower8 wrote:
Sorry but what sort of a juvenile comment is that? What value does it add to this discussion?

At least viigand was not as gutteral as combatlogo's infantile trype about kicking 'the fcuk out of CWC'.

That is not a true rugby person's attitude or ethos. Keep that sort of moronic approach for whatever computer games you are into. By all means play the game as tough as you can, cheer with all you've got but keep respect at the core at all times.

We still have something special in this sport and in these competitions where the friendships between past pupils and their families developed through playing and supporting endure over the decdes and I for one am not prepared to let it be hijacked by people who don't get it.
I chose my words poorly - I hope Michael's hockey CWC.

Do you actually know what "gutteral" (sic) means?
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

backrower8 wrote:Very glad that the decks have been cleared in relation to the Final at least and it can now procede without the drag factor of what the referees may or may not decide to do in respect of the Final.

I am troubled by the Referees insistence that in future they will ne legally represented. That is what we most definitely need to AVOID.
The ARLB withdrawing support for the final was never a runner, just a rumour out of control.

Also, Cumiskey's report was inaccurate - the ARLB did not say that refs will require legal representation in all future cases, only in those where the offending player brings legal representation.
viigand
Learner

Post by viigand »

combatlogo wrote:
viigand wrote:
Hi there Ian Tambourine man...how is the shock therapy going? Why did you register on here under a username of someone else on Munsterfans?
It's going really good. Might be getting addicted to it. Feel like kicking some ass after every session :lol: :lol:

Nobody told you that all the message board IDs are your Ian Tambourine nemesis?

They must be comrade. No fooling you...

:lol: :lol:
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

combatlogo wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

:happy clapper:

Evidently not! :oops: But you get my drift.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

backrower8 wrote:
combatlogo wrote:
backrower8 wrote:

:happy clapper:

Evidently not! :oops: But you get my drift.
Fair play BR. :clap:

"Viigand's" comments are directed at me - he's a lunatic from Munsterfans.
viigand
Learner

Post by viigand »

Gutteral is actually surprisingly appropriate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Lets get back on topic,combat,do you know why Marys didnt attend or allow their alleged victim to give evidence?
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

backrower8 wrote: We still have something special in this sport and in these competitions where the friendships between past pupils and their families developed through playing and supporting endure over the decdes and I for one am not prepared to let it be hijacked by people who don't get it.
+1

So much sh1te written in this thread. It is evident from the various statements about Clongowes that these people literally know NOTHING about Clongowes or the values it promotes. There is no way on earth Gilsenan would have been defended by the school unless they had 100% faith in his innocence.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

gleesonisgod wrote:
backrower8 wrote: We still have something special in this sport and in these competitions where the friendships between past pupils and their families developed through playing and supporting endure over the decdes and I for one am not prepared to let it be hijacked by people who don't get it.
+1

So much sh1te written in this thread. It is evident from the various statements about Clongowes that these people literally know NOTHING about Clongowes or the values it promotes. There is no way on earth Gilsenan would have been defended by the school unless they had 100% faith in his innocence.
Agreed. IMHO CWC is a great school with great management.