Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Post by gleesonisgod »

Thing is, it would appear that the only person who saw the alleged gouge was that linesman. None of the people on the sideline saw anything in it.

Mary's were screaming "gouging ref gouging" all day. If you throw enough sh!t at the wall some of it is bound to stick. From what I hear one of the Mary's lads had a CWC lad in a head lock and Gilsenan pushed him(in the face I'm assuming) and the Mary's lad shouted gouge and the touch judge shat himself and called it. Lets not forget Shane Jennings.

If Marys kept shouting that they were being gouged to the ref and there HAD been a gouge who would be stupid enough to try it again? And he was probably the best player on the pitch so I can't see why he would need to do anything sinister.

I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with it. Obviously I'm a CWC man so I'm not going to pretend I'm being entirely objective BUT that said I'm going to say I'd be very surprised if a Clongowes boy gouged someone. I would say the same for a number of other schools.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

gleesonisgod wrote: the Mary's lad shouted gouge and the touch judge shat himself and called it. Lets not forget Shane Jennings.
Oh the irony :roll:

I only saw the game on TV. Couldn't see what happened but the touch judge was pretty close. Did see the same CWC player put in a very nasty barge on the Marys no. 9 not long before that incident. Given the seriousness of the charge, i'd find it very hard to believe that the linesman would call it without being fairly certain of what he saw.
A proud Winsome Fluter
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Was educated by Vincentians some of the time and find some of hypocrisy worthy of a Fianna Fail T.D. on this thread.

Come from a school which once had a school´s rugby history but have watched Clongowe´s progress over the past thirty years with both admiration and jealousy.

The only team outside of Terenure who could beat Rock and on a more regular basis. Will raise my glass if they win and with their number eight.
cwcmafia
Beginner

Post by cwcmafia »

trueblue06 aka joseph Goebells,
it's good to see the michaels propaganda machine is still in full force. That's a pretty pathetic inference there, that he should have been made an exaple of for the good of the game.You sure its not because you're pretty nervous about the final. I'm interested to hear how you think he's a gouger?Do you have any additional evidence that the independant disciplinary panel, who took a balnced view on the whole case and cleared him, didn't have? It seems just slander to be honest at this stage by yourself. Just to be clear, had he been convicted of gouging then I'd be the first to shout for him to be banned for not just the final but a lenghty ban stretching into next year, but he wasn't. So I suggest that you, a michaels past pupil according to your signature(but acccording to your pathetic propaganda i'd say you're propabably a 1st year), not try and bring the name of Clongowes into the gutter with your whinging.

May the best team win on the 17th :happy clapper:
Blue Steel
Bookworm

Post by Blue Steel »

cwcmafia wrote:trueblue06 aka joseph Goebells,
it's good to see the michaels propaganda machine is still in full force. That's a pretty pathetic inference there, that he should have been made an exaple of for the good of the game.You sure its not because you're pretty nervous about the final. I'm interested to hear how you think he's a gouger?Do you have any additional evidence that the independant disciplinary panel, who took a balnced view on the whole case and cleared him, didn't have? It seems just slander to be honest at this stage by yourself. Just to be clear, had he been convicted of gouging then I'd be the first to shout for him to be banned for not just the final but a lenghty ban stretching into next year, but he wasn't. So I suggest that you, a michaels past pupil according to your signature(but acccording to your pathetic propaganda i'd say you're propabably a 1st year), not try and bring the name of Clongowes into the gutter with your whinging.

Yeah - the fact that he was sent off for gouging should be completely ignored.

Clongowes: gouging scum (allegedly).
Last edited by Blue Steel on March 8th, 2010, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can derelict my balls, capitan
cwcmafia
Beginner

Post by cwcmafia »

Yeah the fact that he was cleared pretty much rebuts that :roll: :roll: :roll:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

cwcmafia wrote:trueblue06 aka joseph Goebells,

hadn't realised conor gilsenan posted on here
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Blue Steel wrote:
St Michaels operate under the Holy Ghosts' strict code of conduct - foul play of any kind is not tolerated (especially gouging) and if you get a straight red, you get expelled.

Macken used to have the J's rip up opposition jerseys back in the 80's! :lol:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

combatlogo wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
St Michaels operate under the Holy Ghosts' strict code of conduct - foul play of any kind is not tolerated (especially gouging) and if you get a straight red, you get expelled.

Macken used to have the J's rip up opposition jerseys back in the 80's! :lol:
macken was supposedly a bit of a psycho wasn't he? got coached briefly by him when i was much younger, he wasn't too hard on us then though
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Blue Steel wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:I don't know how much of the above is true or not (and people connected with Michaels seem to be making an amount of noise about it), but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the Michaels players getting up from the first ruck and doing a Nick Kennedy!
Whats the Holy Ghost policy on members of one Holy Ghost school vandalising another Holy Ghost members property? Does the zero sum theory apply?
Blue Steel
Bookworm

Post by Blue Steel »

cwcmafia wrote:Yeah the fact that he was cleared pretty much rebuts that :roll: :roll: :roll:
So the touch judge who actually saw it was wrong, the referee who sent him off was wrong and the non-existent video evidence was right......

We all know what happened in that disciplinary hearing was a total mockery of justice (allegedly) as a result of legal pressures (allegedly) put on the Leinster Branch so it's a little ridiculous to base your argument on that hearing's result (I add the word "allegedly" for the good of the board as Clongowes folk are very litigious).

No Mary's player or coach was at it (allegedly), there was no video evidence to support the Clongowes player (allegedly) and the referee and touch judge's reports were apparently disregarded (allegedly).

It was a total cop out (allegedly) and Clongowes picking this player will speak volumes about their attitude towards that type of play.
Last edited by Blue Steel on March 8th, 2010, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Steel
Bookworm

Post by Blue Steel »

bunty85 wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:I don't know how much of the above is true or not (and people connected with Michaels seem to be making an amount of noise about it), but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the Michaels players getting up from the first ruck and doing a Nick Kennedy!
Whats the Holy Ghost policy on members of one Holy Ghost school vandalising another Holy Ghost members property? Does the zero sum theory apply?
Rock scum.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

There are a couple of things that could have occurred for the Disciplinary Panel to reach their verdict.

The referee didn't see it and no player is going to admit to it, plus it was not possible to see on tv. So the only evidence against is that the touch judge saw the alleged incident. Therefore in the hearing:
1. the touch judge would have to say he was not 100% sure and if that is the case his decision was appauling and he should not be allowed officiate again
2. the touch judge did say he was 100% sure and the Disciplinary panel have made an appauling decision and none of them should be asked to serve on any committee to do with any side of rugby again

Either way somebody should be ashamed of their decision. But this is Ireland where we celebrate chancers and schemers so the touch judge will be promoted to the international panel and all of the disciplinary panel will serve as presidents of the IRFU in the future.
Blue Steel
Bookworm

Post by Blue Steel »

Double post
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

madridlion wrote:Was educated by Vincentians some of the time and find some of hypocrisy worthy of a Fianna Fail T.D. on this thread.

Come from a school which once had a school´s rugby history but have watched Clongowe´s progress over the past thirty years with both admiration and jealousy.

The only team outside of Terenure who could beat Rock and on a more regular basis. Will raise my glass if they win and with their number eight.
what a load of karp, they didnt start beating Rock until the last 5 years or so since 2000 when people started believing the b$llsh1t written on the forum or were intimidated by what they were writing. Id say they beaten Rock about 4/5 times in the last 30 years and all those times were after 2000. and you'll appreciate their more rapid and crushing fall from grace over the next few years when people discontinue being politically correct towards them and start to confront them over their words and action this forum and in this country over certainly the last 10 years.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

denzel wrote:
madridlion wrote:Was educated by Vincentians some of the time and find some of hypocrisy worthy of a Fianna Fail T.D. on this thread.

what a load of karp, they didnt start beating Rock until the last 5 years or so since 2000 when people started believing the b$llsh1t written on the forum or were intimidated by what they were writing. Id say they beaten Rock about 4/5 times in the last 30 years and all those times were after 2000. and you'll appreciate their more rapid and crushing fall from grace over the next few years when people discontinue being politically correct towards them and start to confront them over their words and action this forum and in this country over certainly the last 10 years.
As hard as I found it to read whatever you were trying to say there, I could pick out through the mess of syntax that you believe Clongowes have only beaten rock since 2000.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 25916.html
O'Driscoll reminisces about how it all began
"The 1997 semi-final defeat was to a Clongowes Wood College team that included Gordon D’Arcy. Does his long-serving midfield partner ever remind him about this match? “Not really because I just refer back to the weight that he was carrying when he was a senior cup player whenever he starts chirping up about winning senior cups.”"

So, shut your pie hole please.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

denzel wrote:

Speaking of karp....

You are showing your age there. Beat BOD's 97 team with his 3 missed DGs and hammered them in 98. Beat them once or twice in the early 90s too I think. Last time I remember beating 'Rock was 2000. I'm open to correction on that though.

We've barely played each other in the noughties and I can only remember losing to them.

If, as you say, CWC have beaten Rock 5 times and assuming we play each other every 2/3 years, it's hardly a bad return.

You know what they say about being quiet and having everyone think you are an idiot?
Last edited by gleesonisgod on March 8th, 2010, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

Eristic wrote:
denzel wrote:

As hard as I found it to read whatever you were trying to say there, I could pick out through the mess of syntax that you believe Clongowes have only beaten rock since 2000.

"The 1997 semi-final defeat was to a Clongowes Wood College team that included Gordon D’Arcy. Does his long-serving midfield partner ever remind him about this match? “Not really because I just refer back to the weight that he was carrying when he was a senior cup player whenever he starts chirping up about winning senior cups.”"

Krap. the minute I wrote i knew some geek would throw in that 97 game - survey the last hundred years before that and you'd beaten only once or twice. You're sh1te.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Of Rock's 66 wins, they have beaten CWC 9 times in the final. In fact, since 1900 CWC have the joint second worst record for final losses (Castleknock 15 losses, CWC and Belvedere both 13 losses). Having said that my alma mater have only been in the final 4 times, won only once and that was before I was born (and I'm not too young neither!!) so at least your getting there.

I do appreciate that this post shows that I am collecting my salary for counting meaningless facts on the internet :oops:
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

denzel wrote:
Eristic wrote:
denzel wrote: what a load of karp, they didnt start beating Rock until the last 5 years or so since 2000 when people started believing the b$llsh1t written on the forum or were intimidated by what they were writing. Id say they beaten Rock about 4/5 times in the last 30 years and all those times were after 2000. and you'll appreciate their more rapid and crushing fall from grace over the next few years when people discontinue being politically correct towards them and start to confront them over their words and action this forum and in this country over certainly the last 10 years.

Krap. the minute I wrote i knew some geek would throw in that 97 game - survey the last hundred years before that and you'd beaten only once or twice. You're sh1te.
I'm sure you often think to yourself the minute you speak "Krap, everyone realises I'm an idiot"

Rock have a far better record than Clongowes and anyone else for that matter. That doesnt get away from the fact that you havent a clue what you're talking about and you have the English skills of a six year old.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.