Senior Cup Draw 2009

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Re: Senior Cup Draw 2009

Post by gleesonisgod »

Gik beat Clongowes 9-5. 2 pens first half and one second half for the Gik and Clongowes got a try in injury time.

From what I've seen of Rock on Setanta they will beat that Terenure team comfortably. Terenure's defence was pretty good throughout and they were excellent at the breakdown but they offer little else.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

gleesonisgod wrote:From what I've seen of Rock on Setanta they will beat that Terenure team comfortably.
i'd bet anything on you being wrong
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

chats wrote:
gleesonisgod wrote:From what I've seen of Rock on Setanta they will beat that Terenure team comfortably.
i'd bet anything on you being wrong

interesting PoV.

Care to ellasturbate?
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

after an easy knock game ud imagine they went into this a bit cocky. got a wakeup call frm their sh!t performance.
and then theres the fact that everyone hates blackrock and plays a lot better against them
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

chats wrote:after an easy knock game ud imagine they went into this a bit cocky. got a wakeup call frm their sh!t performance.
and then theres the fact that everyone hates blackrock and plays a lot better against them
Everybody hates Terenure too. I just thought Clongowes were very average and Terenure didn't look even remotely dangerous in attack. D was good as was their rucking but they did fock all else. I'd be AMAZED if Terenure won.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Rock seemed well impressive alright. Anyone see the guy who got his head creamed into the barrier after scoring a try? looked like a serious knock
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

gfo wrote:Rock seemed well impressive alright. Anyone see the guy who got his head creamed into the barrier after scoring a try? looked like a serious knock
Yeah that was hilarious. Not for him I'm sure. Took it like a champ to be fair to him.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Any news how any of todays games are going?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Marys beat Wesley 26-17
A proud Winsome Fluter
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Rock were destroying Michaels - 35-0 at half time. 47-5 around 65 minutes in.

Also, Gonzaga juniors lost to CUS 10-3. A dark day.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

chats wrote:after an easy knock game ud imagine they went into this a bit cocky. got a wakeup call frm their sh!t performance.
What exactly would Nure have to be cocky about beating comfortably an absolute sh1te C'Knock side? Rock whooped CBC and from the looks of it have given Michaels an even bigger hiding. Truth is Nure are no where close to Rock- no team is as much as it pains me to say it. But credit and praise where its due. Rock are the only team showing real title credentials. They've racked up almost a hundred points in two games whereas Nure beat a poor Knock team and scraped past an average Clongowes team who are building for the coming two years. Reality is Nure are good, Rock are outstanding.
leinsternut
Beginner

Post by leinsternut »

simonno6 wrote:Also, Gonzaga juniors lost to CUS 10-3. A dark day.
Everyday is dark after going to Zaga chummmmmmp!!!
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

leinsternut wrote:
being able to support our families later on in life is an obvious plus.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Marys beat Wesley 26-17

27-16, closer then it looks too.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

simonno6 wrote:
leinsternut wrote:
Mmm its more important now then ever for Zaga boys to be making the extra dosh with the prices of chess boards exploding with the populace choosing to stay indoors now and unable to afford playstations like before.

Zaga-Belvo in the quaters, probably will be the most competative game of the round by reports. First ever semi on the cards a probablilty for Zaga? Winner plays Rock, good luck with that...

Most lobsided cup in years. From what i saw of the Rock-CBC game the Rock backs are the hot point of the team, most balanced i've ever seen in a schools side. From watching the supposed other contenders, Nure, I don't see them having a chance. Rock are on another level this year, other schools are far worse than normal. Last years standard far far better imo.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

bunty85 wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
leinsternut wrote:
Mmm its more important now then ever for Zaga boys to be making the extra dosh with the prices of chess boards exploding with the populace choosing to stay indoors now and unable to afford playstations like before.

Zaga-Belvo in the quaters, probably will be the most competative game of the round by reports. First ever semi on the cards a probablilty for Zaga? Winner plays Rock, good luck with that...

Most lobsided cup in years. From what i saw of the Rock-CBC game the Rock backs are the hot point of the team, most balanced i've ever seen in a schools side. From watching the supposed other contenders, Nure, I don't see them having a chance. Rock are on another level this year, other schools are far worse than normal. Last years standard far far better imo.
Good analysis of the current state of the competition.

However, Your chess board joke is one of the strangest, least funny pieces of literature that has ever been posted on this site. (which is saying a lot).

If i were you i'd stick to the rugby!
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

simonno6 wrote: Good analysis of the current state of the competition.

However, Your chess board joke is one of the strangest, least funny pieces of literature that has ever been posted on this site. (which is saying a lot).

If i were you i'd stick to the rugby!
Thank you for appreciating the humour, means so much coming from a Zaga boy :D Good luck vs Belvo, the 'trauma' of losing to CUS will need to be displaced with a big win, earn Zaga some stripes in the Senior Cup.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

epaddy wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:Marys beat Wesley 26-17

27-16, closer then it looks too.
Noted - source has been horsewhipped :wink:

Your second comment is agreed though.
A proud Winsome Fluter
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

rock clearly aren't that unbelievable. as you said knock were cr@p. so were cbc. clongowes are far stronger than michaels this year anyway. full strength rock lost to terenure earlier. they lost to methody and barely scraped by newbridge.
finals gona be a lot more compeditive than you think.
belvo should probably scrape through against zaga bt you never know
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

chats wrote:rock clearly aren't that unbelievable. as you said knock were cr@p. so were cbc. clongowes are far stronger than michaels this year anyway. full strength rock lost to terenure earlier. they lost to methody and barely scraped by newbridge.
finals gona be a lot more compeditive than you think.
belvo should probably scrape through against zaga bt you never know
have you lost your mind? that rock team is the best schools cup team i've ever seen...... michaels weren't even that bad a team this year, only lost two pre cup games against leinster schools, clongowes are not as good as that michaels team.
i reckon belvo will scrape it past gonzaga then concede close to 50 against rock in the semi's
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008