Senior Cup Draw 2009

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Senior Cup Draw 2009

Post by simonno6 »

true blue 06 wrote:
chats wrote:rock clearly aren't that unbelievable. as you said knock were cr@p. so were cbc. clongowes are far stronger than michaels this year anyway. full strength rock lost to terenure earlier. they lost to methody and barely scraped by newbridge.
finals gona be a lot more compeditive than you think.
belvo should probably scrape through against zaga bt you never know
have you lost your mind? that rock team is the best schools cup team i've ever seen...... michaels weren't even that bad a team this year, only lost two pre cup games against leinster schools, clongowes are not as good as that michaels team.
i reckon belvo will scrape it past gonzaga then concede close to 50 against rock in the semi's
It will be quite close between Gonzaga and Belvo - I think the bookies have it right with Zaga at +3 in the handicap betting. However, rock will literally destroy the winner, it may be better to bow out gracefully in the 1/4's! If anyone has any doubt about this rock team, they are the real DREAM TEAM. I say that as a zaga man and it pains me to deliver this news.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
leinsternut
Beginner

Post by leinsternut »

simonno6 wrote:
leinsternut wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Also, Gonzaga juniors lost to CUS 10-3. A dark day.
Everyday is dark after going to Zaga chummmmmmp!!!
being able to support our families later on in life is an obvious plus.
Unsurprisingly your retort is as arrogant as your original post!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

simonno6 wrote:Rock were destroying Michaels - 35-0 at half time. 47-5 around 65 minutes in.

Also, Gonzaga juniors lost to CUS 10-3. A dark day.
What you talkin about willis?
A great day for Leinster, nay Ireland! CUS march on unbeaten in the JCT so far. Unsurprising, given that we rock!
Get in the f%~king bag.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Slipper1 wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Rock were destroying Michaels - 35-0 at half time. 47-5 around 65 minutes in.

Also, Gonzaga juniors lost to CUS 10-3. A dark day.
What you talkin about willis?
A great day for Leinster, nay Ireland! CUS march on unbeaten in the JCT so far. Unsurprising, given that we rock!
right slipper, you stick to the cricket and we'll stick to the chess!
o_dricilles
Knowledgeable

Post by o_dricilles »

Any word on the Belvo/Gonzaga match>?
Make new friends with salad.
Seanie
Beginner

Post by Seanie »

Belvedere College SJ 12 - Gonzaga College SJ 7

Seems like the old money(1832) beat the new money(1950) once again!
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Seanie wrote:Belvedere College SJ 12 - Gonzaga College SJ 7

Zaga continue to search for the elusive semi in the SC. Doesn't matter regardless, Rock will pummel Belvo.
Seanie
Beginner

Post by Seanie »

Ah but it does matter, it's all about Jesuit pride!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

bunty85 wrote: Zaga continue to search for the elusive semi in the SC. ...
At least CUS have done that! :D
Get in the f%~king bag.
o_dricilles
Knowledgeable

Post by o_dricilles »

Seanie wrote:Belvedere College SJ 12 - Gonzaga College SJ 7

Dammit! 'J' in Gonzaga SJ looks like a 1... thought Belvo got humbled there for a second...
And if they can't post a convincing win over Gonzaga I don't see how they'll stop Rock
Make new friends with salad.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

Just seen my first footage of the cup and I haven't seen marys or belvo but I have seen rock and nure and if you think nure have got a shot at beating rock you know nothing about rugby and I'm talking nothing. I would doubt my ability to function in life if I thought nure could beat rock. Rock are at least 30 points better than nure. Rock look Iike a pro outfit whilst nure look like a junior cup team in comparison, there's simply no contest. I hope I'm wrong though but I'm not.
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

denzel wrote:Just seen my first footage of the cup and I haven't seen marys or belvo but I have seen rock and nure and if you think nure have got a shot at beating rock you know nothing about rugby and I'm talking nothing. I would doubt my ability to function in life if I thought nure could beat rock. Rock are at least 30 points better than nure. Rock look Iike a pro outfit whilst nure look like a junior cup team in comparison, there's simply no contest. I hope I'm wrong though but I'm not.
if you think they're better yea. bt clearly not 30 points if rock lost by 2 points to them preseason. both full teams. nd surely cup matches are tighter. belvo will get hammered bt not as bad as michaels dont think. 15 to 20 points maybe
Seanie
Beginner

Post by Seanie »

Belvedere have been on a great run over the past few years in the seniors. Makes you wonder how we went 33 years witout winning one between 72 and 05

2002 - Final
2003 - Semi Final
2004 - Semi Final
2005 - Winners
2006 - Semi Final
2007 - Quarter Final (lost to winners)
2008 - Winners
2009 - Semi Final (minimum and by the sounds of it maximum)
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

Belvo/Zaga was supposedly a good one- Zaga were camped on Belvo line for last ten minutes and missed four peno shots at goal, two of which I hear were very kickable BUT cant lay defeat at the doorstep of the kicker- hes been one of their best players all year. Alas, another chance goes a begging. Getting there though. For those who believe Nure will put up a strong resistance against Rock, you are wrong. This Rock side has the best backline since the 90's and the best fullback since Kearney. Their back five in the pack are all backrow forwards,they've even stuck their Irish Schools openside flanker into the second row to accommodate an extra flanker. Rock will comfortably beat both Belvo and Nure.
cwcmafia
Beginner

Post by cwcmafia »

True Blue 06....
I dont think the argument that michaels were better than clongowes holds much weight now after they brought schools rugby into disripute with a limp display against rock. Rock will destroy belvo in the semis after they robbed(and i use that word aptly) zaga. Rock vs terenure final with rock walking it.
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

Jackil7 wrote:This Rock side has the best backline since the 90's and the best fullback since Kearney.
rock backline would be killed by monkstown and marys backlines from last year. and conway isnt the messiah, hes nt even better than michael keating from belvo last year. they just look slick cause everyone else has been hitting too many beers this year
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

also if clongowes played michaels they would have done them by 30+ points. 0 tackling going down in michaels this year
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

chats wrote:also if clongowes played michaels they would have done them by 30+ points. 0 tackling going down in michaels this year

your talking through your arse
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

true blue 06 wrote:
chats wrote:also if clongowes played michaels they would have done them by 30+ points. 0 tackling going down in michaels this year

your talking through your arse
agreed.
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

wat do u not agree with? michaels are sh!t