The relegation of Lansdowne

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Lampshade
Learner

Re: The relegation of Lansdowne

Post by Lampshade »

3 cup campaigns against eachother. 3 Wins for Michaels - one last minute try in the corner for Brophy, second year Brophy runs the length of the pitch to score - where was Ke4arney for that try - I seem to remember him flaking off the tackle while Paddy burned him. third year no try's Vs. Keaney but has a medal from it. Brophy owned Kearney over the 3 years particularly head to head.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Lampshade wrote:No he's not. He is a loser who couldn't bring his team to win the cup. Paddy is a far superior player and you mark my words if the branch value the continuation of rugby in the province they won't put a bottler through ahead of a winner who is a better player. You're obviously biased so why should we vaqlue any opinion of yours behind a masked name on a graffitti board?
You don't do irony, do you son?
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

they're both good players, but they are different positions, kearney has played a few times on the wing but his future is definitely at fb.... brophy is an out and out winger with real pace, not the best hands or boot but he's got pace and he's strong and he'll get you tries, brophy didn't make the 6nations ireland u20s but he did play for the ireland u20s against leinster 'A' in dbrook.
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Lampshade wrote:No he's not. He is a loser who couldn't bring his team to win the cup. Paddy is a far superior player and you mark my words if the branch value the continuation of rugby in the province they won't put a bottler through ahead of a winner who is a better player. You're obviously biased so why should we vaqlue any opinion of yours behind a masked name on a graffitti board?
Are you Brophy's mum or just some loser who licked his hole while you were in school? Both are good players, although one of Brophy's coaches told me a couple of years ago that his tackling was weak. Why call Kearney a loser, Michaels have won 1 cup, would you call your former SCT players losers just because they didn't win? In fact I'd have a lot of respect for Kearney, he accepted that he lost in a final, didn't go and 'repeat' just to win the Senior Cup. Both will go far, Brophy is lightning quick and Kearney's try for the 20s this year versus England showed his pedigree.
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

bunty85 wrote:
Are you Brophy's mum or just some loser who licked his hole while you were in school? Both are good players, although one of Brophy's coaches told me a couple of years ago that his tackling was weak. Why call Kearney a loser, Michaels have won 1 cup, would you call your former SCT players losers just because they didn't win? In fact I'd have a lot of respect for Kearney, he accepted that he lost in a final, didn't go and 'repeat' just to win the Senior Cup. Both will go far, Brophy is lightning quick and Kearney's try for the 20s this year versus England showed his pedigree.
I'll keep it short and it will be my last one on this. He is only a loser to Brophy. In the wider scheme of things he's not but I'm making it clear that 3 years running he lost to a team with Paddy in it and in 2 of those games Paddy in one on ones made him eat dirt whilst scoring tries. Look, all I'm saying is that these Clongowes lads have been doing post it campaigns for guys from their old Alma mater. Selfish and greedy - no other past pupils have done so to that extent on any message board. So what if dozens of lads have posted here saying David Kearney was the best player in that schools campaign - he wasn't., not by a long shot. By even mentioning this chumps name I'm sure all the clongowes past pupils think he's being talked about so he's a big deal, so let me re-state - he is overrated tripe as a player compared to some of that Michael's SCT.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

i couldnt be bothered getting into an argument about this but one thing i will say is that i CERTAINLY amn't a clongowes boy
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

simonno6 wrote:i couldnt be bothered getting into an argument about this but one thing i will say is that i CERTAINLY amn't a clongowes boy
Filthy liar. You're Clongowes born and bred, don't bother denying it. Been playing soggy biscuit since you were in short trousers you have. Dirty Clongowes scum etc.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cud wrote:
simonno6 wrote:i couldnt be bothered getting into an argument about this but one thing i will say is that i CERTAINLY amn't a clongowes boy
Filthy liar. You're Clongowes born and bred, don't bother denying it. Been playing soggy biscuit since you were in short trousers you have. Dirty Clongowes scum etc.
seconded. But it's ok, it must be hard when you're away from home for all that time
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Saw Paddy Brophy play this year and he is average - shocked to read how highly rated he is by some here. David Kearney is a vastly superior prospect. And I'm not a clongowes boy either.
knightro
Learner

Post by knightro »

I'm from neither sdchool but would say Kearney is grossly overrated on this site. I doubt the child has ever broken a sweat in his life.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

tate wrote:
cud wrote:
seconded. But it's ok, it must be hard when you're away from home for all that time
I dont like setting foot outside the pale, never mind living outside for pretty much six years of my life! Of clongowes origin I am not!
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Delete - no longer relevant
Livestrong7
Bookworm

Post by Livestrong7 »

groundhog wrote:
Toland isnt the coach anymore by the way.I'm not sure the circumstances around his departure.
I know he wasn't the coach, I'm not sure the tour of duty washes as he was working as a pundit during the World Cup and was coaching the Defences Forces rugby team in other words he was back in time to oversea the AIL campaign. He was doing ok with Lansdowne and to let him go was madness, especially as he was replaced by last years J1 coach.

They spent over 100K on their U20's this year alone and now are going to spend 400K on their senior team next year, one word sums that up, madness!!!!!

How do u know they made such a heavy investment on their 20's?? Not sure if that fact is accurate at all!!
'I've played for this team for ten years some guys for 11 or 12 and I've loved every minute of it...It was worth the wait. I love Leinster and i couldn't have won it with a better bunch of players' Brian O'Driscoll.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

it is
Livestrong7
Bookworm

Post by Livestrong7 »

Lampshade wrote:
bunty85 wrote:
I'll keep it short and it will be my last one on this. He is only a loser to Brophy. In the wider scheme of things he's not but I'm making it clear that 3 years running he lost to a team with Paddy in it and in 2 of those games Paddy in one on ones made him eat dirt whilst scoring tries. Look, all I'm saying is that these Clongowes lads have been doing post it campaigns for guys from their old Alma mater. Selfish and greedy - no other past pupils have done so to that extent on any message board. So what if dozens of lads have posted here saying David Kearney was the best player in that schools campaign - he wasn't., not by a long shot. By even mentioning this chumps name I'm sure all the clongowes past pupils think he's being talked about
so he's a big deal, so let me re-state - he is overrated tripe as a player compared to some of that Michael's SCT.
I really cant see how anyone can say that Brophy is better then Kearney when clearly Brophy was turfed out of the sub-academy when he didnt make the Irish 20's and Dave Kearney did and even still he has another year next year furthermore compounded that he has just been awarded an academy contract. People need to really understand their rugby before spouting absolute rubbish about players. Lampshade i hope u can read this from Brophy's hole neway.
'I've played for this team for ten years some guys for 11 or 12 and I've loved every minute of it...It was worth the wait. I love Leinster and i couldn't have won it with a better bunch of players' Brian O'Driscoll.