Discussion of Forum Updates

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Discussion of Forum Updates

Post by Tara »

I don't have much time to explore as I have a one year old's birthday party to attend right now, but it looks almost as bright and colourful as all of his presents, which is a good thing. My only quibble so far is that it is harder to navigate on the BB because of the way the avitars are now displayed (at the bottom of a post, presumably cos they are on the right of the screen now) and because people's signatures appear directly under text with no space to distinguish between their original thoughts and their signatures. Good work! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Tara wrote:I don't have much time to explore as I have a one year old's birthday party to attend right now, but it looks almost as bright and colourful as all of his presents, which is a good thing. My only quibble so far is that it is harder to navigate on the BB because of the way the avitars are now displayed (at the bottom of a post, presumably cos they are on the right of the screen now) and because people's signatures appear directly under text with no space to distinguish between their original thoughts and their signatures. Good work! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

Rex had same issue. You can turn off sigs and avatars which should make navigation easier
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Edit: What she said!
Summer is ready when you are

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

stupid people using stupid blackberry things to browse the stupid web :evil:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

I've done as suggested and tbh it's still difficult to navigate, but I figure that's the blackberry's limitations rather than the site.

I'm loving the "Manage Foes" facility. :evil: And I love the bit that summarises my activity. Tell me, does everyone have access to that, or am I the only one who knows which topic accounts for nearly 10% of my posts? ;)
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Tara wrote: Tell me, does everyone have access to that, or am I the only one who knows which topic accounts for nearly 10% of my posts? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Tara wrote:I've done as suggested and tbh it's still difficult to navigate, but I figure that's the blackberry's limitations rather than the site.

I'm loving the "Manage Foes" facility. :evil: And I love the bit that summarises my activity. Tell me, does everyone have access to that, or am I the only one who knows which topic accounts for nearly 10% of my posts? ;)
probably just you...and maybe me and the other mods as well. i'm sure that others could make an educated guess though.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Tara wrote: Tell me, does everyone have access to that, or am I the only one who knows which topic accounts for nearly 10% of my posts? ;)

We all know
...as all users scramble to the members section and search for "Tara"

yep, thats what I thought, JWAS thread
Get in the f%~king bag.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Slipper1 wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:

We all know
...as all users scramble to the members section and search for "Tara"

yep, thats what I thought, JWAS thread
We can search again? Yeah! :)

Now how does this foes thing work? I mean how will I actually know I'm ignoring Slip... I mean somebody if it's working properly? I mean how do I know they're just not posting? And why should I care?

More blackberry specific gripes - it's very hard to make out new posts and my name doesn't show up in bold blue. :(
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

limecat wrote:
Tara wrote:I've done as suggested and tbh it's still difficult to navigate, but I figure that's the blackberry's limitations rather than the site.

probably just you...and maybe me and the other mods as well. i'm sure that others could make an educated guess though.
As Slipper1 just demonstrated I'm afraid you're wrong Limey. :P

I share your most active topic Tara :oops: - slightly less of a landslide victory though :lol:

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Tara wrote:Now how does this foes thing work? I mean how will I actually know I'm ignoring Slip... I mean somebody if it's working properly? I mean how do I know they're just not posting? And why should I care?
Having already added several foes to my list I can tell you that their posts appear in spoiler format. :wink:

I like the way you're stopped from posting if another post has been made in the interim and given the option to reconsider!

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Slipper1 wrote:...as all users scramble to the members section and search for "Tara"

or you could just click on her name (or is that a mod function :? )

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Eve wrote: I share your most active topic Tara :oops: - slightly less of a landslide victory though :lol:
Sigh, I remember when you were considered a serious rugby woman! ;)
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Eve wrote:
Tara wrote:Now how does this foes thing work? I mean how will I actually know I'm ignoring Slip... I mean somebody if it's working properly? I mean how do I know they're just not posting? And why should I care?
Having already added several foes to my list I can tell you that their posts appear in spoiler format. :wink:

I like the way you're stopped from posting if another post has been made in the interim and given the option to reconsider!

Ah is that what it was doing?
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Eve wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:...as all users scramble to the members section and search for "Tara"

Nope. It works for all of us! I can see this being a valuable tool in future debates.

Next question - why did my Blackberry go from "GPRS" to "EDGE" when I came out of that last tunnel?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Tara wrote:
Eve wrote: I share your most active topic Tara :oops: - slightly less of a landslide victory though :lol:
Sigh, I remember when you were considered a serious rugby woman! ;)
That was before you got to know me :wink:

1.4% of me has been led astray :(

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Tara wrote:
Eve wrote:

Nope. It works for all of us! I can see this being a valuable tool in future debates.
Hmmm, it doesn't seem to work for all of us on all posters, which makes me think you can turn the function off. I've searched in vain thru all the user preference screens and can't figure it out tho - not that it would be of much personal use at this point. :(
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

I think it's only consultants that have it turned off.....
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Seems some numbers are too large to be crunched!

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

thankfully....
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4