Using "Newest" link

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Using "Newest" link

Post by meinster »

Is it just me, or is the "Newest" link acting funny (not just now, but for as long as I can remember).

I use the "View posts since last visit" link and that displays a list of threads (*) that have posts in it that I've not seen. I click on the Image icon to go to the first post I've not yet seen.

However, if I refresh that list, and a thread has another new post I've not seen, clicking on that icon brings me to the post that was the first unread post on first visit (but I've since seen), and not the first unread post as it stands now.

It's like a cookie thing (let's not bring up the 3-second-no-animals rule again), that's being set on my first use, but that's it. And so, the "View posts since last visit" list is useless until I restart my browser.

(*) Actually the thread list is only accurate the first time around. On refresh (after I visit some of the "new" threads), the list remains the same (which is inaccurate) but does show the new post icon only beside those threads that have new posts, so it's still functional.

Edit: Clarification. If I click on the link first time 'round, I get to page 4 of a thread and to the first post I've not seen. I then read page 4, 5 and 6 of that thread. Go back to the list. Wait a few minutes. Refresh. List updates (and a new post has been made in the meantime). Click on same "Newest" icon again, I get brought to page 4 and not page 6 as I'd expect.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Using "Newest" link

Post by limecat »

It's just you!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.