Slow response times

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Slow response times

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Starting to get slow response time on accessing the MB from work. Don't know if it's a problem with work's net access or if its the MB itself. Most often happens when viewing the latest post on a thread.

Anyone experiencing the same probs.
T - 45
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Yeah - me too... but was uploading huge files so wasn't sure if it was just me... but checked and other sites moving fine.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

I've got slow response times too. But I think that's because it's Friday and I couldn't be arsed.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Slow here too (at work). . . . :(
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Is this just today or do people think that there are generally problems with the speed of the forum?
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
northsider
Knowledgeable

Post by northsider »

Just today
Can I play the piano anymore?
Of course you can.
Well i couldn't before!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

limecat wrote:Is this just today or do people think that there are generally problems with the speed of the forum?
In my uneducated state, I have thought that the site has been technically poor since you changed hosts / servers / providers or whatever you call them. I never got error messages before "the change" and they happen, along with delays and "contact limcecat" messages quite regurlarly now.

I am not critising or stuff - just letting you know.
Get in the f%~king bag.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Slipper1 wrote:
limecat wrote:Is this just today or do people think that there are generally problems with the speed of the forum?
In my uneducated state, I have thought that the site has been technically poor since you changed hosts / servers / providers or whatever you call them. I never got error messages before "the change" and they happen, along with delays and "contact limcecat" messages quite regurlarly now.

I am not critising or stuff - just letting you know.
Did the forum go through the menopause or summat?
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Smokey&theBandit
Bookworm

Post by Smokey&theBandit »

I've been getting a lot more error messages over the last week, cannot find server and the likes plus very slow to load. Thought it was just my computer at work co
s it's cr@p.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

There are good days and bad days. A bad day is nearly always peak time US. 1 or 2 am here can be pretty bad sometimes.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Site is really crawling this evening.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

My original post was going to be would somebody please switch the LF.com branch of the interweb back on, but in the time it took to load this page, I see someone has already, so thanks!

Was getting 60-70 second page load times there for the last few minutes, with the problem being with Dream Host (via Above / GlobalX route).
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

EDIT Triple post :(
Last edited by Hickiefan on July 23rd, 2007, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

meinster wrote:My original post was going to be would somebody please switch the LF.com branch of the interweb back on, but in the time it took to load this page, I see someone has already, so thanks!

Was getting 60-70 second page load times there for the last few minutes, with the problem being with Dream Host (via Above / GlobalX route).
Ditto the above for me today :(
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

EDIT Triple post :(
Last edited by Hickiefan on July 23rd, 2007, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Hickiefan wrote:
meinster wrote:My original post was going to be would somebody please switch the LF.com branch of the interweb back on, but in the time it took to load this page, I see someone has already, so thanks!

Me too! :?

And you can tell Hickiefan is having trouble, a triple post! :shock:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

I tried to do some work to fix it over the weekend, but things seem to be worse than ever...It's mainly posting that is running slowly at the moment, hense all the double / triple posts :(

I'm looking into it and the site might go offline for a bit this evening while I'm working on it.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
Hickiefan wrote:

Me too! :?

And you can tell Hickiefan is having trouble, a triple post! :shock:
Yup - keep getting internal error messages and site error messages

Zulu - if you are reading this I am NOT HAPPY with you and your focking Harry Potter spoiler. I'm not opening the thread so can't post this there. I think you should delete it before ruining anyone else's read - unless of course it's a joke... in which case it's still evil :evil: :evil: :twisted:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Hickiefan wrote:Zulu - if you are reading this I am NOT HAPPY with you and your focking Harry Potter spoiler. I'm not opening the thread so can't post this there. I think you should delete it before ruining anyone else's read - unless of course it's a joke... in which case it's still evil :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I would have removed it if it wasn't a joke :lol:
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Hickiefan wrote:Zulu - if you are reading this I am NOT HAPPY with you and your focking Harry Potter spoiler. I'm not opening the thread so can't post this there. I think you should delete it before ruining anyone else's read - unless of course it's a joke... in which case it's still evil :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Maybe you should open it before passing judgement? :roll: :P