Polite Request

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:You know Harry, I'm genuinely surprised at you because you know exactly what's going on in terms of work behind the scenes and the amount of effort its taking to get stuff set up and to do stuff. Only last week I spent the best part of two working days trying to pull together a tag team, which was open to everybody (no cliques) and is all inclusive....oh and by the way I stuck 500 quid of my own money into it as a loan. A team that you have signed up for by the way. On one of the other days I spent nearly a full working day trying to get brand sponsorship for supporters. And I can tell you all the working group are doing the same.
I know, and I've been a part of it, have put in a lot of effort, and shall continue to do so, but I never held myself out as being the LSC or any part thereof.
Flash Gordon wrote:As for the legal definitions of what the LSC or whatever its called is - how about nobody does anything until we've all come up with some stupid piece of paper to prove that we exist? Or how about we all just agree it doesn't exist, we all go home and do fock all because its not written down.
As I impled above, large numbers of people continue to put in concerted efforts. The simple fact is tho that until the whole thing is unified, a proper LSC ratified and a Full Committee elected no LSC actually exists. IMHO given the time in the season, and the lack of home games etc I think the Working Group should prioritise actually forming the LSC. Its going on 3 months, there's a queue of people willing to get involved, but can't, and until there is that "stupid piece of paper" there is no supporters club.
Flash Gordon wrote:On the school or club structure. First up I don't think you're right on critics not having played. But for me that's almost irrelevant to be honest. Not having played doesn't mean you can't have an opinion - this is a messageboard, its raison d'etre is to collect opinion. That's like saying, if you haven't been a TD or a councillor you're not allowed an opinion on politics.
I actually said current involvement, and my point stands. A number of people seem to be particularly vocal with regards to casting assertions about Schools & Club rugby, yet they have no current or recent active involvement with either system. In my view that's wrong, be the equivalent of a 5 year old lecturing you about Marketing.
Flash Gordon wrote:As for this clique, what is it and how does it manifest itself? Frankly I think that assertion is just wrong.

The reality is that more people than ever before are registering, that activities organised here have NEVER been more popular - all activities are posted up here and they are open to everyone. How is that cliquey?

And after all your comments on cliqueness and not being able to talk rugby, you come back and say that your response is to post on Munsterfans? That really and trully is an amazing statement.
Just an opinion loike. :wink: C'est la vie. Personally I think this place has become more like a chat room than a rugby forum, and as a result the contributors and variety of opinions have significantly declined. Admittedly, new posters are arriving every day, but I can't see it being particularly enticing to join a forum as a Leinster supporter, yet be an outsider.

Admittedly, my opinions above may not be liked by 1 and all, but I hold them as valid, both wrt to the LSC & lf.com. Personally, if either are to achieve their full potential, I think they should be consdered.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flippin' 'eck, someone must have hacked the Leinster Rugby official website so

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/members/ind ... 0&docID=-1
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:No need to apologise. It is pretty cringeworthy alright, but an apology isn't warranted.
OK, I really have had it with you.

You're right. Trying to do your best to help people build something is indeed pretty cringeworthy. But fock it, I'll get over it since its coming from a bloke who hasn't posted a constructive suggestion in his life or who thinks he's a spokesman for Irish clubs because he's been playing J4 for a couple of years. Oh and let's not forget his clubman of the year activities. He washes the kits one game in 15.

I see people like you in all walks of life, people who knock and insult and put people down all the time but offer no constructive alternatives.

And since you've decided to take the discussion in this direction.... Couple of other comments.

You are without doubt THE most arrogant poster I have ever encountered. I mean where on earth do you get off giving sh!t to people because they have the cheek to actually disagree with your view? Insisting that people have no right to comment on subjects you deem that you own? Complaining that people are leaving in droves because posters have the bare faced cheek to even offer and opinion on school or club rugby? By the way, there's fock all evidence for this - quite the opposite.

And the comment on cliques is just fockin hillarious coming from you. I've seen you and some of your mates round on people and rip them appart on this and other fora - not just on their opinions but on them as people. I know of at least two examples where you have left individuals in tears because you are trying to get some sick kick out of getting a reaction.

Are you proud of that?

You're a stand up guy Duff, your parents must be very proud.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

ePaddy, Mullet, Sewa and Ballyman were cumulatively banned for significantly less than that.

Flash, please remove your post. :cry:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:ePaddy, Mullet, Sewa and Ballyman were cumulatively banned for significantly less than that.

Why? The guy is a bully - and I certainly didn't start this.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Harry the way I see it, the LSC IS you. And everyone else who wants to be part of it. If you want t odo something - do it. You can start with your idea about busing in people for the Borders game from outside of Dublin. You don't need permission or anything. Sheepshagger and Donny sorted out buses when we were in Glaws, Dave/FB/you have worked on the T-shirts, Limecat does the website etc.

I honestly don't know whether anything is going to change in what actually happens when we get a constitution.

Maybe there's an element of chat room about the place, but I guess that's because a lot of people who have become mates.

As for your opinion, of course its valid. Everyone's is.
Last edited by Flash Gordon on April 19th, 2007, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:ePaddy, Mullet, Sewa and Ballyman were cumulatively banned for significantly less than that.

That post is the most abusive post I have ever seen on any fora, and is indeed Bullying.

Flash, you're a mate, do yourself a favour and remove the post.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

That post is the most abusive post I have ever seen on any fora, and is indeed Bullying.

Harry, there isn't a word of that post that isn't true. The guy obviously thought he'd have a great laugh at my expense and take the piss out of me and its not the first time its happened. For what? Because I'm trying to do something to help people.

I'm not having that. I am sick to the back teeth of his attitude.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:Harry the way I see it, the LSC IS you. And everyone else who wants to be part of it. If you want t odo something - do it. You can start with your idea about busing in people for the Borders game from outside of Dublin. You don't need permission or anything. Sheepshagger and Donny sorted out buses when we were in Glaws, Dave/FB/you have worked on the T-shirts, Limecat does the website etc.

I honestly don't know whether anything is going to change in what actually happens when we get a constitution.

Maybe there's an element of chat room about the place, but I guess that's because a lot of people who have become mates.

Except mine it seems, its just wummery.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Harry the way I see it, the LSC IS you. And everyone else who wants to be part of it. If you want t odo something - do it. You can start with your idea about busing in people for the Borders game from outside of Dublin. You don't need permission or anything. Sheepshagger and Donny sorted out buses when we were in Glaws, Dave/FB/you have worked on the T-shirts, Limecat does the website etc.

You can say what you like ePaddy. But did you or did you not say on this forum that you deliberately wind up people because you enjoy getting a reaction out of people? Those weren't my words, they were yours.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:

You can say what you like ePaddy. But did you or did you not say on this forum that you deliberately wind up people because you enjoy getting a reaction out of people? Those weren't my words, they were yours.
Yes and I must say its great crack, seen you do it many a time back on MF or in the IT. Im stilla t a loss to understand what it has to do with this discussion and why you have made it the focal point of your attack.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

I appreciate all that, of course, but unfortunately IMO everything is focussed too much on the few and not enough on the general populace that is Leinster supporters. All the time & effort etc is being put into looking after 100 people..... what about the other 10,000. The other issue is the 3 seperate structures right now. Robbie is continuing to do largely unaided work with the branch, the Working Group is focussing IMHO too much on social activities rather than supporting Leinster, and the issue still remains wrt the ongoing activities of the LSA.

Until the focus moves from the few to the many, and the 3 entities are merged the LSC will never exist. Question is, what do WE do?

I'm not around for the Borders game, (miss the last game in D'Brook :cry: ), but if I was, there is little or no chance of me filling a 50 seater bus from any provincial town without a proper LSC, possible local branches and full support from the Leinster Branch. If I get that behind me, I'll be able to fill 1 every other week.

You say you are putting in all this time etc etc, make it easier for yourself, put the structures in place, let more people become involved and the whole thing will start to make a significant difference to all supporters.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote: Except mine it seems, its just wummery.
Yes and I must say its great crack, seen you do it many a time back on MF or in the IT. Im stilla t a loss to understand what it has to do with this discussion and why you have made it the focal point of your attack.
You mean all that Turnip stuff? Dude, that was not a wind up. It was a clearly a joke, one that many of the Munster lads found very funny. Equally I remember putting up some shoite about Leinster ladyboys new home kit in pink after we'd lost to them in TP.

I mean does anyone honestly believe that we all drive around in X5's and live in D4 or that all the Munster lads eat turnips all day long and drive Zetors?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Why? The guy is a bully - and I certainly didn't start this.

Harry, there isn't a word of that post that isn't true. The guy obviously thought he'd have a great laugh at my expense and take the piss out of me and its not the first time its happened. For what? Because I'm trying to do something to help people.

I know you're a Ken Dodd and all, but "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". :wink:

IMHO the post should be reported.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: You can say what you like ePaddy. But did you or did you not say on this forum that you deliberately wind up people because you enjoy getting a reaction out of people? Those weren't my words, they were yours.
You mean all that Turnip stuff? Dude, that was not a wind up. It was a clearly a joke, one that many of the Munster lads found very funny. Equally I remember putting up some shoite about Leinster ladyboys new home kit in pink after we'd lost to them in TP.

I mean does anyone honestly believe that we all drive around in X5's and live in D4 or that all the Munster lads eat turnips all day long and drive Zetors?
Oh so your joking and Im winding people up, get over yourself mate. Again all you have come back to me with is that im a wum, what a pathetic argument, why would I wind people up around here? f%~k it I have met a good few through here that I can enjoy a bit of banter with and a pint, why would I wind them up? Just becuase im no lemming that agrees with the party line makes me a wum? Horseshit and thats why people think this place is cliquy and why fans sites are a joke at the best of times. YOu rode into this thread on you big high white horse to save your beloved ckav who was making a tool of herself for a change. You managed to create a whole new argument and made a total tit of yourself with malicious and ridiculious posts.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote: That post is the most abusive post I have ever seen on any fora, and is indeed Bullying.

I know you're a Ken Dodd and all, but "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Well report it then. And I'm sorry, I may make mistakes, but my intention is not to deliberately abuse people. And if I do that unintentionally, I'd hope people would point it out and I'd be more than happy to offer an apology.

That guy has spent the day having a go at the supporters club, at Limecat and now at me. And that's a fairly typical day. And I'm just sick of it.

By the way, I note with interest that your moral outrage didn't quite extend to calling that behaviour. Quite the opposite. Bit inconsistent no?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote: Yes and I must say its great crack, seen you do it many a time back on MF or in the IT. Im stilla t a loss to understand what it has to do with this discussion and why you have made it the focal point of your attack.

Oh so your joking and Im winding people up, get over yourself mate. Again all you have come back to me with is that im a wum, what a pathetic argument, why would I wind people up around here? f%~k it I have met a good few through here that I can enjoy a bit of banter with and a pint, why would I wind them up? Just becuase im no lemming that agrees with the party line makes me a wum? Horseshit and thats why people think this place is cliquy and why fans sites are a joke at the best of times. YOu rode into this thread on you big high white horse to save your beloved ckav who was making a tool of herself for a change. You managed to create a whole new argument and made a total tit of yourself with malicious and ridiculious posts.
Do you not think that you are part of a clique? I mean what is a clique anyway, its a group of people who share a common interest or interests. You have friends and no doubt you share a set of common interests, is that not a "clique"?
I've always found that those who complain about "cliques" are really complaining about "cliques" that they aren't in.
I have Bumbleflex
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: You mean all that Turnip stuff? Dude, that was not a wind up. It was a clearly a joke, one that many of the Munster lads found very funny. Equally I remember putting up some shoite about Leinster ladyboys new home kit in pink after we'd lost to them in TP.

Do you not think that you are part of a clique? I mean what is a clique anyway, its a group of people who share a common interest or interests. You have friends and no doubt you share a set of common interests, is that not a "clique"?
I've always found that those who complain about "cliques" are really complaining about "cliques" that they aren't in.
No I dont. Nor do I want to be in one, I usualy go down to matches with mates from school and ocassionally have a pint or more with a few fellow sad b$&%@#ds from the net.

Anyway im off to bed. Flash if you were angry before just played a game tonight and guess what pitch it was on?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote: Yes and I must say its great crack, seen you do it many a time back on MF or in the IT. Im stilla t a loss to understand what it has to do with this discussion and why you have made it the focal point of your attack.

Sorry, you SAID you do that. Isn't that right Dr. Phil. Did you or did you not create the Dr. Phil identity soley for that purpose? On this website? Yes you did - so cut the cr@p mate. You're not fooling anyone.

The difference is that I didn't say anything that people found offensive, and if I had I would have removed it! What actually happened was that a lot of those lads found it funny. And some of them became mates who I'd regularly go for beers with.

I remember when I started doing the T-shirt stuff. Munster Harry, who is one of the most mild mannered blokes I know got so incensed by you that he just dropped his support leaving me with a sh!t load of t-shirt orders, no suppliers and deeply in the sh!t. And to be honest, I didn't blame him. That's the difference.

On CKav, I don't know what the fock you're talking about. If you have an issue with her take it up with her, i never mentioned her, i haven't seen her for weeks in point of fact.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Harry, there isn't a word of that post that isn't true. The guy obviously thought he'd have a great laugh at my expense and take the piss out of me and its not the first time its happened. For what? Because I'm trying to do something to help people.

I know you're a Ken Dodd and all, but "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Well report it then. And I'm sorry, I may make mistakes, but my intention is not to deliberately abuse people. And if I do that unintentionally, I'd hope people would point it out and I'd be more than happy to offer an apology.

That guy has spent the day having a go at the supporters club, at Limecat and now at me. And that's a fairly typical day. And I'm just sick of it.

By the way, I note with interest that your moral outrage didn't quite extend to calling that behaviour. Quite the opposite. Bit inconsistent no?
I've made my opinions on the LSC pretty clear, and I agree with DP about that. As a supporter he's entitled to voice his concerns about any organisation that purports to represent him, and I'm quite sure he only has the best interests of Leinster at heart. His opinions in that regard should be considered and dealt with.

As I said earlier, my favourite tool on this website is mark all topics read, so I don't bother to read most of the shoite that is posted from 1 end of the week to the next. I saw your post, I've restrained myself again and not reported it, I think it should be reported.

Buddy, stop getting so personally involved in everything, and stop taking offence so easily. To a certain extent eP is right re double standards. You're both as bad as each other. Fockin Andrews boys. :wink:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys