Forum Format

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

GrahamC
Bookworm

Forum Format

Post by GrahamC »

Is it only me or do other people have problems with the format of the forum today?

For me there's no colours and everything is in a large font and all over the place! Never had this before and tried refreshing etc

thanks
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

reboot :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
GrahamC
Bookworm

Post by GrahamC »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:reboot :wink:
done and worked! Thanks Grumpy
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

GrahamC wrote:
done and worked! Thanks Grumpy
Grumpy the computer wizard, thats me :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Do you work in my companies IT department ? - thats their focken answer for everything :roll: :evil:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sheepshagger wrote:
Do you work in my companies IT department ? - thats their focken answer for everything :roll: :evil:
it works most of the time :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

limecat wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
it works most of the time :lol:
Ah yes, the old "If in doubt, turn it out". It never fails.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Colm
Mullet

Re: Forum Format

Post by Colm »

GrahamC wrote:Is it only me or do other people have problems with the format of the forum today?

For me there's no colours and everything is in a large font and all over the place! Never had this before and tried refreshing etc

thanks
Thats' because at the time you viewed it the CSS Stylesheet wasn't applied. This happened to me yesterday too for a matter of seconds. It's all part and parcel of hosting I'm afraid. Sometimes you get the odd error !
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

This all reminds me of a story I once read...

At a computer exhibition a number of years ago, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive, but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. Oh yeah, and last but not least . . . you'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!
Get in the f%~king bag.