Just got told by Chrome that password compromised here

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Just got told by Chrome that password compromised here

Post by fourthirtythree »

And that's the lede. Chrome forced me to be logged in and says my username and password on this site have been subject to a hack and I need to change my password now. DId anyone else see anything about this?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Just got told by Chrome that password compromised here

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:And that's the lede. Chrome forced me to be logged in and says my username and password on this site have been subject to a hack and I need to change my password now. DId anyone else see anything about this?
I've been getting the same message on a couple of sites, though not this one.
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

I checked https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and it's an old email address that I don't use (that has been pwned multiple times originating with Linkedin hack decade(s?) ago) so this looks like the most likely source of the pwnage here, You've Been Scraped logo

You've Been Scraped: In October and November 2018, security researcher Bob Diachenko identified several unprotected MongoDB instances believed to be hosted by a data aggregator. Containing a total of over 66M records, the owner of the data couldn't be identified but it is believed to have been scraped from LinkedIn hence the title "You've Been Scraped". The exposed records included names, both work and personal email addresses, job titles and links to the individuals' LinkedIn profiles.

Compromised data: Email addresses, Employers, Geographic locations, Job titles, Names, Social media profiles

Actually, I think it may well be the LinkedIn leak from forever ago as the email from this would be of that vintage.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

I believe that the latest version of Chrome now checks passwords against the haveibeenpwned database - security measure to try to stop people reusing compromised passwords
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

The Doc wrote:I believe that the latest version of Chrome now checks passwords against the haveibeenpwned database - security measure to try to stop people reusing compromised passwords
I believe you are right. I don't think I bothered with this site, so can I just say that whatever I may have said in the past, and ongoing, is actually a hacker? In Russia for added currency.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Zingo had a huge leak recently. If you played mobile games like Farmville your password was leaked (but not immediately usable).