If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Can't send PMs

Post by nc6000 »

Hi,

Any ideas why I can't send anyone a PM?

When I try to send a PM I just get a blank screen. If I send a PM to myself I get that alright. The same thing happens if I use IE or Firefox, it also happens on my PC, my laptop and my phone.

I've deleted all messages from my Inbox and Sent Items so it's not a space issue.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Re: Can't send PMs

Post by Avenger »

is your inbox full?
I think 100 messages is the limit. Try deleting some old messages.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I still had the problem even after deleting all the messages from my Inbox and Sent Items.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

I just sent you a PM to see you if you could get them from other people and to give you something to reply to. See if it works...
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Skinfull wrote:I just sent you a PM to see you if you could get them from other people and to give you something to reply to. See if it works...
Tried the same thing. I can PM him no problemo too.
Problem arises if you try using this route:
INTL Tickets Forum - FRA V IRE- Now try to PM anyone.

You get a blank page at this address:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=467750
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
kealo1976
Beginner

Post by kealo1976 »

I've got the same problem. I get a blank screen when I try to respond to a PM or send a new one. The thing is I was able to send one earlier, so I'm at a loss as to why it won't let me now :?

It's defintely not due to a full inbox, as there is only 1 message in there at the moment.

Any help/advice appreciated.
I'm more D24 than D4!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

kealo1976 wrote:I've got the same problem. I get a blank screen when I try to respond to a PM or send a new one. The thing is I was able to send one earlier, so I'm at a loss as to why it won't let me now :?

It's defintely not due to a full inbox, as there is only 1 message in there at the moment.

Will you try sending a PM to me to see what happens?

I think sometimes, if the user you're trying to reach has opted to not receive messages, then all you get is a blank screen and no information.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
kealo1976
Beginner

Post by kealo1976 »

Xanthippe wrote:
kealo1976 wrote:I've got the same problem. I get a blank screen when I try to respond to a PM or send a new one. The thing is I was able to send one earlier, so I'm at a loss as to why it won't let me now :?

Will you try sending a PM to me to see what happens?

I think sometimes, if the user you're trying to reach has opted to not receive messages, then all you get is a blank screen and no information.
Sent you a PM and didn't get a blank screen. It confirmed that the message had been sent.

Perhaps as you say they've opted out of receiving PMs, but I was able to send them one earlier today :?

Anyway, thanks for the help.
I'm more D24 than D4!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Your pm to me came through okay - I've sent a reply back just to confirm it's working both ways
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

kealo1976
Beginner

Post by kealo1976 »

Xanthippe wrote:Your pm to me came through okay - I've sent a reply back just to confirm it's working both ways
Got it. The problem must be at their end.

I'm more D24 than D4!
bardcom
Beginner

Post by bardcom »

I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same symptoms.

It's a bit stupid that the system just gives a blank screen though - how's anyone supposed to know what is happening.

But I'm not convinced that's the problem - that they've opted to not receive PMs. It happens nearly all the time - does everyone opt to not receive PMs??? Also, other people on the forum merrily post "PM Sent" and don't seem to have an issue. Can we get some more testing on this issue to definitively get to the root cause?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

bardcom wrote:I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same symptoms.

It's a bit stupid that the system just gives a blank screen though - how's anyone supposed to know what is happening.

But I'm not convinced that's the problem - that they've opted to not receive PMs. It happens nearly all the time - does everyone opt to not receive PMs??? Also, other people on the forum merrily post "PM Sent" and don't seem to have an issue. Can we get some more testing on this issue to definitively get to the root cause?
Apparently you get the same result if the recipient's inbox is full!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

bardcom
Beginner

Post by bardcom »

Xanthippe wrote:
bardcom wrote:I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same symptoms.

Apparently you get the same result if the recipient's inbox is full!!
Lots of possible reasons, and theories, for sure. Except nobody really knows. Proper error messages would be nice for a start....

Doesn't explain why Preview does the same. Or why 2 mins later, I can send a PM - but if I edit the PM it goes back to blank screen. etc.
Paulie Walnuts
Learner

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

I'm trying to pm Eve about a spare ticket. (don't pm often). The PM seems to be sitting in the outbox and not in sent box. doesn't seem normal or is there a delay?
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

I think it stays in your outbox until it has been read by the recipient.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Amz wrote:it stays in your outbox until it has been read by the recipient.
That's how you know it's been read. You're not using outlook here it's a forum. PM not email
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

nc6000 wrote:Hi,

Any ideas why I can't send anyone a PM
From Planet Rugby:

Just post extremely abusive text and end it with a period. :lol:
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ