Revenue streams

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Revenue streams

Post by Leinsterman »

Limecat - have you considered putting Google Ads on the front page of the forum? I know the income would be miniscule but if we even got a small amount of money, we could put it into use with the supporters club.......

They could be rugby/travel/sports related ads. Also, if the user base increases, the forum could be on to a little earner. Anyone else think it's a good idea or is it a non-runner?

Also, we'd have to start posting articles on the homepage ...... any volunteers? I'd happily write one or two.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Re: Revenue streams

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:Limecat - have you considered putting Google Ads on the front page of the forum? I know the income would be miniscule but if we even got a small amount of money, we could put it into use with the supporters club.......

They could be rugby/travel/sports related ads. Also, if the user base increases, the forum could be on to a little earner. Anyone else think it's a good idea or is it a non-runner?

Also, we'd have to start posting articles on the homepage ...... any volunteers? I'd happily write one or two.
Eh well i just did a preview on the Dragons match, no spelling mistakes. I think approching the CL or Leinster Branch for use of the logo's would be a good idea to improve the look of the home page and maybe putting links to the artiles their too. Any comment on my wonderful preview would be great

but only if they are positive :wink:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Not bad at all - and Brownie points for the lack of spelling errors. However, we need to work on the punctuation. :wink:

8.9146/10
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

epaddy wrote:I think approching the CL or Leinster Branch for use of the logo's would be a good idea to improve the look of the home page
I once asked Breener could I upload the Leinster logo to Wikipedia and to update the now out-of-date info on Leinster. He wouldn't give me the permission to use the logo so I didn't bother my hole updating the info on Wikipedia. I ain't gonna put info on wikipedia if they won't even give me permission to upload the logo. I'd say if they made money off the page on wikipedia it would be a different story.

I'd sincerely doubt the Leinster Branch would let you use any resources (Logo, News Feeds etc), especially when they read our forum posts at how shite the LeinsterRugby.ie forum is :)
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

epaddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Limecat - have you considered putting Google Ads on the front page of the forum? I know the income would be miniscule but if we even got a small amount of money, we could put it into use with the supporters club.......

Eh well i just did a preview on the Dragons match, no spelling mistakes. I think approching the CL or Leinster Branch for use of the logo's would be a good idea to improve the look of the home page and maybe putting links to the artiles their too. Any comment on my wonderful preview would be great

Correct spelling for the the Scots team is the Border Reivers!!!

Bit like calling us Loinster!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:
epaddy wrote:

Correct spelling for the the Scots team is the Border Reivers!!!

Bit like calling us Loinster!
I like Loinster Blue! I think you might be onto something there! :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

bluesky wrote:Correct spelling for the the Scots team is the Border Reivers!!!
Yes it is. It looks like I'll have to start reading stuff before I put it up on the website :oops:

bluesky wrote:Bit like calling us Loinster!
Loinster sounds somewhat disturbing
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

limecat wrote:
bluesky wrote:Correct spelling for the the Scots team is the Border Reivers!!!
Yes it is. It looks like I'll have to start reading stuff before I put it up on the website :oops:

bluesky wrote:Bit like calling us Loinster!
Loinster sounds somewhat disturbing
Some of the chants of Leinster do sound a little like Loinster....roysh..!