Locking of the Pints size Thread

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

tones
Shane Jennings

Locking of the Pints size Thread

Post by tones »

While I can understand the OLSC want all complaints to go through them ths is a public forum set up to debate all things Leinster. Sure patrol the content, edit it if needed, but whats wrong with complaints being made publicly (as it may not reach all concerned through the OLSC and AGM's etc) otherwise.
Some standard/fair points were raised. And should be allowed to be discussed. Unless we cannot publicly debate and criticse certain sections.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Locking of the Pints size Thread

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

I'd imagine it was the nature of the specific comments, rather than the queries themselves, that caused the locking but there does seem to be a high degree of sensitivity on the subject.
A proud Winsome Fluter
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:I'd imagine it was the nature of the specific comments, rather than the queries themselves, that caused the locking but there does seem to be a high degree of sensitivity on the subject.
Yes the comments may have been overboard - therefore edit them, as was done. But locking it?
I do not mean to offend/insult the guys involved with this website or the OLSC.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

This webiste is not moderated 24hours a day and as such each post cannot be moderated and edited. If you wish to start a thread about the quality and value of facilities in the RDS please do, but the thread that we locked had required such heavy moderation that it was decided not to re-open it.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Spandex
Bookworm

Post by Spandex »

tones wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:I'd imagine it was the nature of the specific comments, rather than the queries themselves, that caused the locking but there does seem to be a high degree of sensitivity on the subject.
Yes the comments may have been overboard - therefore edit them, as was done. But locking it?
I do not mean to offend/insult the guys involved with this website or the OLSC.
In fairness, (and as one of the prime offenders) the point had been made that needed to be made
"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

This website seems to have very strange priority's. Locking a decent discussion as quick as they can while allowing the rest of the site to fall to bits. I had a quick look at the fixtures section earlier only to find it was last years schedule and Leinster actually play at a venue called the Royal Dublin Showground, whatever that is.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Anyone else see the humour in a discussion about beer being "locked"? :lol: :P

Oh well, maybe just me then!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Did anyone or any group ask for this thread to be locked (as a matter of interest) or was it a decision by the site owners to prevent any potential legal problems?
Spandex
Bookworm

Post by Spandex »

Courtesy of Slipper1, I have just been sent irrefutable evidence, via a royal blue youtube pint test, that all the glasses are in fact worthy of the name 'pint'.

I apologise unreservedly for any hassle caused and fair play to the OLSC for getting to the bottom of it. Fair play :happy clapper:
"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sheepshagger wrote:Did anyone or any group ask for this thread to be locked (as a matter of interest) or was it a decision by the site owners to prevent any potential legal problems?
it was a decision by the site owners to prevent any potential legal problems.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

limecat wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Did anyone or any group ask for this thread to be locked (as a matter of interest) or was it a decision by the site owners to prevent any potential legal problems?
it was a decision by the site owners to prevent any potential legal problems.
Fair enough.
OLSC Committee
Knowledgeable

Post by OLSC Committee »

Hopefully this clears up any confusion regarding the original debate...

Linky thing here... Pint v's 40cl

If anyone has any queries at all, please contact us through the usual channel by emailing us... olsc @ leinsterrugby.ie
Please email your feedback/suggestions/comments to olsc 'at' leinsterrugby.ie as we may miss it on the forum

Join us on Facebook: Official Leinster Supporters Club
Follow us on Twitter: OLSCRugby
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

What can you do with tolet roll inserts and sticky back plastic?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

OLSC Committee wrote:Hopefully this clears up any confusion regarding the original debate...

Linky thing here... Pint v's 40cl

If anyone has any queries at all, please contact us through the usual channel by emailing us... olsc @ leinsterrugby.ie

Are the OLSC encouraging people to conduct experiments with liquids near electrical sockets? Is that not more likely to result in legal action? :lol:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

nc6000 wrote:Are the OLSC encouraging people to conduct experiments with liquids near electrical sockets? Is that not more likely to result in legal action? :lol:
Once it's the OLSC getting sued and not this site I don't mind :lol:
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Donny B. wrote:Anyone else see the humour in a discussion about beer being "locked"? :lol: :P

Oh well, maybe just me then!
I'm right there with you Donny! First thing which struck me too was the fact that a thread about beer was being "locked"! I was fairly locked myself on Saturday despite the alleged short "pints". :wink: