Russian Invasion 2022

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

When will the Russians invade The Ukraine again.

Yesterday - As in it's already happened.
57%
Later today.
No votes
Tomorrow (This Week)
43%
Later (Next Week)
No votes

Total votes: 7

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Russian Invasion 2022

Post by paddyor »

fourthirtythree wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:14 am Maybe we should reconsider fossil fuel subsidies as our response to rising costs? Costs have been rising for ordinary people for a decade, it's real estate that is the engine of unaffordability in Ireland, something our government of landlords and real estate investors is incapable of admitting. Kerching.

Hitting the funds in the IFSC would be fun, but it's oil and gas that fuels the Russian economy that Putin relies on. This price rise will make the war almost profitable. Extra half a billion a day with the current price rise. Over 40% of the Russian federal budget is provided by fossil fuel revenues.

And the big three parties in Ireland are in favour of subsidies for fossil fuel.
Interestingly, they’ve 8m barrels a day with no one to buy them at the moment. Comment was made before the us and eu cut them out of dollar and euro clearing.

What subsidies?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote: March 1st, 2022, 11:34 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:14 am Maybe we should reconsider fossil fuel subsidies as our response to rising costs? Costs have been rising for ordinary people for a decade, it's real estate that is the engine of unaffordability in Ireland, something our government of landlords and real estate investors is incapable of admitting. Kerching.

Hitting the funds in the IFSC would be fun, but it's oil and gas that fuels the Russian economy that Putin relies on. This price rise will make the war almost profitable. Extra half a billion a day with the current price rise. Over 40% of the Russian federal budget is provided by fossil fuel revenues.

And the big three parties in Ireland are in favour of subsidies for fossil fuel.
Interestingly, they’ve 8m barrels a day with no one to buy them at the moment. Comment was made before the us and eu cut them out of dollar and euro clearing.

What subsidies?
433's philosophy is keep raising taxes.
Never ask the hard questions just throw more money at problems and never ask the dirty questions.
Like why is so much money being wasted by the public sector.
HSE, DOF, Politicians (all parties) and Slaintecare being a very good example.
The concept of value for money for the taxpayer doesn't exist as far as the shinners are concerned.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I see the Russians are looking for us to pay for the embassy gates. I've no problem with that. We will pay once they pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

the spoofer wrote: March 8th, 2022, 4:29 pm I see the Russians are looking for us to pay for the embassy gates. I've no problem with that. We will pay once they pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine.
And the RDS upgrade of course.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6eb9mx-help- ... c045775a8f

fundraiser set up by Leinster Rugby Player Alekseiy Soroka.

Alex Soroka is a rugby player in his 2nd year with the Leinster Academy.
Alex's Grandmother and extended family are caught in the middle of the war.
Alex has set up a GoFundMe account to provide support for a children’s hospital in Ukraine.

A few words from Alekseiy from his gofundme page.....
Hi all, my family are raising funds for Okhmadits Childrens Hospital in Ukraine to help the children affected by the war thus far.

As you all know by now, on the 24th of February 2022 Ukraine was invaded by Russia. As a result hundreds of people have died so far and thousands have been injured, including innocent children. I am raising this money for Okhmadit who are helping children in Ukraine who have been affected by this war, and are in desperate need of financial help which will allow them to purchase basic equipment and medicine needed to help the children. Please donate if you can and please share around as much as possible!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6eb9mx-help- ... c045775a8f
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Former captain of the Ukrainian rugby team has died defending the town of Smela, where he was mayor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MorariuOctav ... _&ref_url=
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Someone should ask the shinners where they got their arms(bombs) from during their struggle.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote: April 6th, 2022, 7:06 pm Someone should ask the shinners where they got their arms(bombs) from during their struggle.
The Ukrainians are making good use of the Barrett M82, petrol bombs and of the FIM-92 Stinger which were all favoured by the IRA. They've none of the old school (pardon the pun) Armalites though preferring instead their own variant of the M4. They wanted to move away from the AK for obvious reasons
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

"The result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia, and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq,” Bush Junior said, before correcting himself and shaking his head.

"I mean, of Ukraine."
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The chairman of Russian oil giant Lukoil, who along with his company had criticized the Ukraine invasion, reportedly died Thursday after falling from the sixth-floor window of a hospital in Moscow.
Ravil Maganov died in what sources are calling a possible suicide after his body was found on the ground of Moscow's elite Central Clinical Hospital, according to Russian news reports.
A statement from Lukoil said Maganov "passed away after a severe illness," but did not give any further information.
Citing an unnamed law enforcement source, state news agency Tass reported that Maganov committed suicide after having been admitted to the hospital following a heart attack. News outlet RBK also reported that police were investigating the chairman's death as a possible suicide.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Poor Mr. Maganov. Yet another critic of the terrorist state, Russia, to fall out of a hospital window.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

JohnB wrote: September 1st, 2022, 11:42 pm Poor Mr. Maganov. Yet another critic of the terrorist state, Russia, to fall out of a hospital window.
I enjoyed the explanation from one Russian media source that he slipped off a balcony while smoking a cigarette, as one does.

Should probably put that health disclaimer on a pack of 20 too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Yet another Russian executive dies - Ivan Pechorin, the top manager for the Corporation for the Development of the Far East and the Arctic found 'drowned' near Vladivostok.

Per CNN 'Earlier this year, the company took the unusual public stance of speaking out against Russia's war in Ukraine, calling for sympathy for the victims, and for the end of the conflict.'
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

BBC News - Russian sausage tycoon Pavel Antov dies in Indian hotel fall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64101437

Another Russian tycoon falls from a window.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

IanD wrote: December 27th, 2022, 12:46 pm BBC News - Russian sausage tycoon Pavel Antov dies in Indian hotel fall

And his friend, Vladimir Boudanov died at the same hotel two days earlier. Russia is a terrorist state led by a cabal of murderers.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

JohnB wrote: December 30th, 2022, 12:43 am
IanD wrote: December 27th, 2022, 12:46 pm BBC News - Russian sausage tycoon Pavel Antov dies in Indian hotel fall

And his friend, Vladimir Boudanov died at the same hotel two days earlier. Russia is a terrorist state led by a cabal of murderers.
Give "Red Notice" a read. I leant it to a colleague a few months ago, Lukoil and their boss are mentioned throughout. It was written in 2016 and the day my colleague returned the book was the day Maganov was tossed out the window.
Book is written by a VC owner (Bill Browder) who got in early after the fall of the soviet union and made a ton. It weaves the narrative of how important the oligarchs are to Putin and how they fatten each others purses until the other becomes a risk.

From the back cover
"In November 2009, the young lawyer Sergei Magnitsky was beaten to death by eight police officers in a freezing cell in a Moscow prison. His crime? Testifying against Russian officials who were involved in a conspiracy to steal $230 million of taxes. Red Notice is a searing exposé of the whitewash of this imprisonment and murder. The killing hasn't been investigated. It hasn't been punished. Bill Browder is still campaigning for justice for his late lawyer and friend. This is his explosive journey from the heady world of finance in New York and London in the 1990s, through battles with ruthless oligarchs in turbulent post-Soviet Union Moscow, to the shadowy heart of the Kremlin. With fraud, bribery, corruption and torture exposed at every turn, Red Notice is a shocking political roller-coaster."
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I read his more recent one "Freezing order" Very interesting
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

After Putin’s humiliating climb down against the head of the Wagner Group, I wouldn’t imagine that Prighozhin’s remaining life expectancy will be very long in Belarus before he either flies out a window or has an unfortunate encounter with Polonium or Novichok.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He didn't stop to avoid bloodshed, I don’t think anyone believes that about the butcher of Bahmut. His private army is still useful and there's a war on. He either chickened out or was paid by Putin (far more likely).

Putting him in Belarus means he's not a threat to Putin anymore so long as Putin leaves him alone. Putin can work with crooks and thugs, it's honest people who are a problem.

Prigozhin remains the obvious successor (as a threat) to Putin but the military hate him and as long as he is careful with his security he's probably out of reach. He probably won't get a better chance (he was gonna lose) if a coup is his goal.