(un)acceptable topics for jokes

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Denis Leamy

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: October 7th, 2021, 4:22 pm Jim Davidson doing an Intercom in an airport for Aer Lingus (or as he called it, Air Fungus) "Dong, ding" :lol:

"You started it"
"No we didn't, you did. You invaded Poland"! :lol:

Classic comedy? or "problematic" due to the tens of millions who died during the ensuing world war?
SJWs decide.
it just is not funny, but if you want to go back to your "Golden age of comedy" where you can get sniggers using the n-word have at it - because that's where this usually ends up.

pretty shite attempt at poisoning the well too
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I'm gonna quit yankin yer chain here now OSS.
But I'll say this one last thing.
"Dong, ding" will always be funny.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote: October 7th, 2021, 4:22 pm Jim Davidson doing an Intercom in an airport for Aer Lingus (or as he called it, Air Fungus) "Dong, ding" :lol:

"You started it"

Classic comedy? or "problematic" due to the tens of millions who died during the ensuing world war?
SJWs decide.
Don't remember Leamy making any of those jokes.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

ronk wrote: October 7th, 2021, 7:17 pm

"You started it"

SJWs decide.
This has taken a turn; I made a remark about Dr Phil and Leamy always taking lumps off of each other on the pitch back when the played against one another. I was completely unaware that Leamy made a Belgrano remark, if this did happen? I thought it was more a Leinster/Munster rivalry between Dr Phil and Leamy/Quinnie/O'Callaghan, and the Munster forwards were really just trying to rattle Phil...probably to stop him from running over ROG (again)

FWIW I always thought that it was Paul Wallace who made the Belgrano remark back before the 2009 HEC SF against Munster.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: (un)acceptable topics for jokes

Post by blockhead »

RoboProp wrote: October 11th, 2021, 10:45 am

"You started it"

SJWs decide.
This has taken a turn; I made a remark about Dr Phil and Leamy always taking lumps off of each other on the pitch back when the played against one another. I was completely unaware that Leamy made a Belgrano remark, if this did happen? I thought it was more a Leinster/Munster rivalry between Dr Phil and Leamy/Quinnie/O'Callaghan, and the Munster forwards were really just trying to rattle Phil...probably to stop him from running over ROG (again)

FWIW I always thought that it was Paul Wallace who made the Belgrano remark back before the 2009 HEC SF against Munster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNzBkXFlzI
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

He did but he was far from the only one, and far from the last.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

blockhead wrote: October 11th, 2021, 7:23 pm
RoboProp wrote: October 11th, 2021, 10:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNzBkXFlzI
Ha, the face on Wallace when Lazenby apologises for the Belgrano comment. He must have had the producer in his ear telling him to say something. :oops:
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Speaking of unacceptable jokes, has anyone watched the latest Dave Chappelle special? A bit of a shitstorm seems to have followed it around his Trans jokes - From Media and Social Media (even though it's not a place). Now, it seemed to me that the whole point of his special was to call out the hypocrisy of people who pretend to care about others, but are really just self absorbed in their own righteousness. I thought it was a brilliant set, and while maybe not as funny as his best stuff, was still excellent. Anyone see it and have thoughts?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

CiaranIrl wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:04 am Speaking of unacceptable jokes, has anyone watched the latest Dave Chappelle special? A bit of a shitstorm seems to have followed it around his Trans jokes - From Media and Social Media (even though it's not a place). Now, it seemed to me that the whole point of his special was to call out the hypocrisy of people who pretend to care about others, but are really just self absorbed in their own righteousness. I thought it was a brilliant set, and while maybe not as funny as his best stuff, was still excellent. Anyone see it and have thoughts?
I've seen him on Netflix is a Joke, some you tube clips, very funny but he does push it. The one about that actor Jesse Smolett getting attacked by guys in MAGA hats was very funny.
Jim Jeffries is also very funny.