Pedantry - a guide to losing friends and alienating people

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:42 am There were actually two first choice players missing from both the Leinster and Munster sides in that game
Not sure if Tipoki counts
Tipoki certainly counts, he was first name on the Munster team sheet until he got a hubris injury
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:57 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:42 am There were actually two first choice players missing from both the Leinster and Munster sides in that game
Not sure if Tipoki counts
Tipoki certainly counts, he was first name on the Munster team sheet until he got a hubris injury
Went home in April, match was in May.

Plus according to Limerick wisdom at the time Earls was the best 13 in the Worild at the time
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:57 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: Not sure if Tipoki counts

Plus according to Limerick wisdom at the time Earls was the best 13 in the Worild at the time
Went home in June, when his contract expired, it was announced he was leaving in April. If Tipoki was fit he would have started along with TOL, Rob and CJ vdL
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:28 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:57 am Tipoki certainly counts, he was first name on the Munster team sheet until he got a hubris injury

Went home in June, when his contract expired, it was announced he was leaving in April. If Tipoki was fit he would have started along with TOL, Rob and CJ vdL
Good stalking there Dave, the announcement was in April but Shirley Keef was there to step in at 13 on the day so whatevs...

Anyhoo, never rated TOL myself but that’s the man your man is clutching at straws for...
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:57 am Tipoki certainly counts, he was first name on the Munster team sheet until he got a hubris injury

Wrong post.
Last edited by curates_egg on January 20th, 2021, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinster may never have beaten Munster when the latter had a full side - depending on how you split the hairs. I don't know.
However, it is highly likely that all our victories came from Leinster sides that also weren't full.
There have been so many, I couldn't be bothered going back to check though.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:35 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

Good stalking there Dave, the announcement was in April but Shirley Keef was there to step in at 13 on the day so whatevs...

Anyhoo, never rated TOL myself but that’s the man your man is clutching at straws for...
Ah come on, man or woman up here and admit you were wrong.
You brought up a game where you believed, due to your lack of knowledge, that Munster fielded a full strength squad.

You have been proven to be wrong, and you think that I am the one clutching at straws?

Come on, it won’t hurt I promise.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:36 am
munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:34 am Leinster are favourites and rightly so.
If Leinster pick their strongest squad bar the players who are injured, then on paper they should hammer Munster.

Leinster have the first and second choice Irish internationals in more than one position.

If Leinster lose it is because they have been poorly coached for this game, as the players available to Leo are rated much higher than the players available to Van Grann.

It is a big game for Munster, a win would see them comfortable at the top of their conference, and mean that they are likely in the final.
It may also mean that the final will be held in TP, depending how the rest of the season goes.

My team for this game would be:
Killer
Scannell
Archer
Beirne
Kleyn
Coombes
POM
Stander
Murray
JJ
Conway
DeAllande
Farrell
Earls
Daly

Replacements:
Cronin, KOB, Ryan, Wycherley, JOD, Casey, Healy, Scannell

However, I would love to see Josh Wycherley start this game for the exposure, but I think that there will be instructions from the puppeteers to start Killer.
:lol:
An emoji, well at least I can gauge an age range.

To follow on from your insightful response.
Stay classy San Diego :green clap:
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

to be fair JVG has only won 1 game in 9 against Leinster and he has resorted to silly comments in the media this week, so he is clearly desperate for this win so he can point to progress.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on January 20th, 2021, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Spent the morning scratching the stars of my Leinster jersey as I now realise they mean nothing as we haven't ever beaten a full strength Munster side.....

Oh well maybe one day they will allow us to play their 'best side'.....

Like the old classic Paul Newman and Tom Cruise movie 'The Colour of Money' when Cruise lets Newman win....... - “Stings like a bi*ch, don’t it? … You want my game? You couldn’t deal with my game.”

Oh what a depressing morning. My eyes have been opened.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Didn't take long for this thread go from the sublime to the ridiculous. Most entertaining! Well done to all concerned!!! LMFAO!!!!! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

It's actually embarrassing how posters here try to attack/argue with almost every M#1 says
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Laighin Break wrote: January 20th, 2021, 5:55 pm It's actually embarrassing how posters here try to attack/argue with almost every M#1 says
Red rag to a blue bull.

Have to hand it to M#1 he has livened this place up no end................long may his posts continue !!
Last edited by Blueberry on January 20th, 2021, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Laighin Break wrote: January 20th, 2021, 5:55 pm It's actually embarrassing how posters here try to attack/argue with almost every M#1 says
I’m glad you noticed it. I was starting to think that I was being overly sensitive.

In fairness in seems to be the usual suspects who appear to have a bit of a want.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:13 pm
I’m glad you noticed it. I was starting to think that I was being overly sensitive.

In fairness in seems to be the usual suspects who appear to have a bit of a want.
Mmm .... and I wonder what kind of reception would someone with a handle of say Leinster # 1 get ,posting on Munster fan forum ??? 🙂
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

alanair wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Mmm .... and I wonder what kind of reception would someone with a handle of say Leinster # 1 get ,posting on Munster fan forum ??? 🙂
So you saying that the reception is due to some socceresque hatred of the opposition.

Plenty of Leinster fans post on there, some much more than they do here.
Ask them how they get on.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:22 pm

So you saying that the reception is due to some socceresque hatred of the opposition.

Hatred is a very strong word....
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

alanair wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:34 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Hatred is a very strong word....
I know, I was slightly exaggerating the situation.

In every walk of life you will meet people who have issues, unfortunately online the percentage increases.

I don’t take it personally, even your good self has taken a few swipes at me and it’s all good.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Well enough of he said, she said.

I apologise for contributing to the diversion of this conversation.

As I said already, I am really looking forward to this game, I am just devastated that I can’t be there in person.

I do think that Leinster will get the better of Munster, I just hope that Munster manage to ask some questions.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:05 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:35 am

Ah come on, man or woman up here and admit you were wrong.
You brought up a game where you believed, due to your lack of knowledge, that Munster fielded a full strength squad.

You have been proven to be wrong, and you think that I am the one clutching at straws?

Come on, it won’t hurt I promise.
Not proven wrong, I asked a question now I know your answer.

Weak enough