Tony is up for a Scrap.

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Tony is up for a Scrap.

Post by Oldschool »

Ronan Glynn welcomes Dr Tony Holohan back.
"Welcome back Tony"
"Thanks Ronan."
"I can bring you up to speed Tony"
"No need Ronan I've been keeping a close eye on things"
Tony turns to the rest of the team.
"Jaysus lads what are you f%~king playing at?
We're at level two, we should be at level f%~king 6".
"Eh, Tony there is no level 6."
"Well there f%~king well should be!"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Tony is up for a Scrap.

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Really am surprised at the reaction to NPHET's Sunday letter. Did nobody see the number of new Positive cases on Friday and Saturday, both here and in the North. Also the proportion of over 60's on the island testing positive had to ring the alarm bells.

Assuming that we're still testing c.13,000 per day and most of those are referrals from close contacts or GPs, there must be a higher proportion of positive tests than we've seen for months.

Looking into the crystal ball, possibly the best move by the Cabinet would be to go to Level 5 from Wednesday 7th for two weeks in an attempt to get R back down below 1 and daily total below an average of c. 80-90. A fortnight until the clock change and a Public Holiday would give the country a short sharp shock and a kick in the ฿oll@#£s to bring us back to our senses.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Ruckedtobits wrote: October 5th, 2020, 4:18 pm Assuming that we're still testing c.13,000 per day and most of those are referrals from close contacts or GPs, there must be a higher proportion of positive tests than we've seen for months.
Think we're at about 3.1% positive rate on tests. That was down around 1.2% a month or so ago (from memory)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Lads get a grip.
The numbers are not bad.
The only rider as pointed out seems to be once again nursing homes and the like.
Why the f^ck is?
Anyway easy option is lock us all up and throw away the key.
All of that aside.
The biggest problems here.
A. NPHET
B. HSE.
C. DOH
D. Minister of Health.
Take NPHET.
They have an ass load of information so why are they being so minimalist with sharing it.
For example they have a Local Electoral Area map which gives the number of cases over a 14 day period and a few other bits of info.
Brilliant, well yes and no. It's only updated for the public once a week, on a Thursday and is already out of date.
This could be easily updated daily. Dt Nolan needs to get his act together on this one.
And it's worse than that.
There is also a similar map for Electoral Divisions which drills to the next level of detail.
This is not available to the public.
That's just the tip of the iceberg but Track and Trace has been totally oversold. Think about this.
We're only getting a 3% hit rate that's an aweful lot of misses. They obviously don't have the expertise to analyse the numbers and come up with better targeting.
HSE
As we all know hospital capacity was always going to be the crunch point.
Looking at the numbers it would appear that going on the existing trajectory we could max out in about a months time.
However the ICU situation looks a lot more hopeful.
Building ICU capacity is a big deal.
Adding some additional hospital beds is much more manageable.
Other pluses, a lot of medical staff have already had COVID and have immunity, for the moment at least.
DOH and Donnelly.
They need to be doing a sanity check on what NPHET and the HSE are doing.
Lockdown
Going from level 2/3 to level 5 is a joke.
What was the point of having a level system.
The last time we locked down, it lasted from March to June, any suggestion that a two week lockdown would sort things is unrealistic.
A lockdown now wouldn't be lifted until a vaccine was available.
The Rest of the Health System.
People are dying and not from COVID.
Where are the numbers for this.
What example is the mortality data telling us about the last two/three months. One thing is for certain NPHET would be blowing it out of proportion if they could.
Proof, announcing ten deaths that occurred before September. I don't believe in coincidences.
The Economy.
Second last and of equal importance.
Another lockdown will absolutely f^ck the economy.
Shutting down retail for example coming into the Christmas period is simply not on.
Solution- Come up with answers, a lot which are already in place, not Atom bombs
Law and Order.
NPHET going on about using the Gardai to the utmost.
Lads take a f^cking trip into reality..

Congratulations to the Government on going to level 3.
They demonstrated that we actually have a government.

Thumbs down to NPHET absolute total lack of cop on or imagination.
Image lads if joe public actually had the capacity to use some of the information that you are sitting on.
Don't ask yourselves why would I want to know.
Ask yourselves how much information can you give me so that I better understand my personal rusks.

Finally FFS wear f^cking masks at your press conference and show that at the very least you understand the meaning of good example and we're all in this together.

And remember you are in good company with Donald Trump. If that doesn't make you squirm then like Trump you don't know the damage you are doing.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.