Supply and Demand in Covid-19

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Supply and Demand in Covid-19

Post by Ruckedtobits »

From 9.00 a.m. this morning, there were 192 slots for Tee times on either the 1st or 10th Holes in my local Golf Club on next Monday. Each of those lines had three playing places available. By 9.12 a.m. every available place on the time-sheet between 7.30 a.m. and 7.00 pm was filled.

The marvels of the internet, fast fingers and choosing the right time allowed those lucky enough to get a game of golf. Those with poor choice, slow fingers or poor Internet connections will have to wait for another day.

Supply & demand in the Covid era doesn't involve long queues - just quick connections.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Supply and Demand in Covid-19

Post by johng »

:) That's because it was a load of aullads who play golf. If it had been something like one direction tickets they would never have made 10 seconds past 9 never mind 12 whole minutes.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

johng wrote::) That's because it was a load of aullads who play golf. If it had been something like one direction tickets they would never have made 10 seconds past 9 never mind 12 whole minutes.
Jaysus John, even I know 1D have gone the way of the dodo and criminally unhip
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

They were criminally unhip from day one. By default. But I guarantee you that if they announced a reunion tour in the morning there would be virtual queues around the block