Corona Virus

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Corona Virus

Post by paddyor »

They have him doing victory laps at the moment so hopefully the cardinal is on the way out. I wasn't a fan of the hysteria over big phil or the RTE crew having a party but I note he's had 2 indoor awards ceremonies with no masks in the space of a week. Yet spectators at the RDS had to wear masks int their seats last weekend. And FYI there was absolutely room for the 2k LR wanted to begin with.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote: June 17th, 2021, 2:41 pm They have him doing victory laps at the moment so hopefully the cardinal is on the way out. I wasn't a fan of the hysteria over big phil or the RTE crew having a party but I note he's had 2 indoor awards ceremonies with no masks in the space of a week. Yet spectators at the RDS had to wear masks int their seats last weekend. And FYI there was absolutely room for the 2k LR wanted to begin with.
Sure we all know he was never a fan of wearing masks.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dr T and NPHET have given the Government the good old "Mushroom Treatment"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Such clowns. Delay and obfuscate on antigen testing for months and then come out and dismiss them. Dismiss vx passports as unworkable for months and then demand them as a condition of re-opening. Spend 6 months telling everyone it's a marathon not a sprint re the Vax rollout until suddenly it's a sprint.

I suspect they're trying to shift the wondow to winter lockdowns for all respiratory illnesses. We won't be done with thiese eejits until the politicians find a spine.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

How I wish that the Govt and the HSE and NPHET would pay attention to Prof. Luke O'Neill's statement today about the sluggish vaccination of over 60s with underlying conditions. I fall into that category having a condition that makes me susceptible to infection and I am waiting and waiting to hear about my 2nd AstraZeneca jab, having had my first on 5 May. I've lost count of the number of people younger than me with no underlying conditions who have texted me to tell me they've had their 2nd jab or have an appointment for the same. The apparent decision to push ahead with the vaccination of 18-20-year-old's makes no sense when they are unlikely to be seriously ill due to the contraction of Covid. Whereas on the other hand, I and others like me could be seriously endangered if we get Covid while awaiting our 2nd vaccination. A family member who has an underlying condition and had only received her first jab is in the 9th week of a coma arising from Covid. It is so unfair that this has happened to her because the HSE did not get its finger out with regard to those in Tiers 3 and 4.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

That sucks John, hope it gets sorted soon
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

I have no faith in the HSE.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The more people who are vaccinated the better for everyone.

They made a call to vaccinate people when they could rather than trying to 2nd guess supply. It's not perfect but it's probably the only thing they could feasibly plan.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

JohnB wrote: July 7th, 2021, 7:42 pm How I wish that the Govt and the HSE and NPHET would pay attention to Prof. Luke O'Neill's statement today about the sluggish vaccination of over 60s with underlying conditions. I fall into that category having a condition that makes me susceptible to infection and I am waiting and waiting to hear about my 2nd AstraZeneca jab, having had my first on 5 May. I've lost count of the number of people younger than me with no underlying conditions who have texted me to tell me they've had their 2nd jab or have an appointment for the same. The apparent decision to push ahead with the vaccination of 18-20-year-old's makes no sense when they are unlikely to be seriously ill due to the contraction of Covid. Whereas on the other hand, I and others like me could be seriously endangered if we get Covid while awaiting our 2nd vaccination. A family member who has an underlying condition and had only received her first jab is in the 9th week of a coma arising from Covid. It is so unfair that this has happened to her because the HSE did not get its finger out with regard to those in Tiers 3 and 4.
I'd give them a call - it sounds more like a missed appointment rather than your 2nd being delayed for younger groups. I got AZ 20th May and have my second next week. And I'm just in the regular category.

Give them a call - could just be a text failure or something
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Very sorry to hear that John.

You know that you can log on to the Vax portal and see your appointment

In advance of the text you receive

Just go in as if you are trying to register and click. "I already have an account"

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Thanks, JohnG. Did that this morning but it just says that I'm awaiting my next appointment, of which I'm very much aware! I note Michael Martin's promise that all over 60's will be vaccinated within the next 10 days. I hope that is the case.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

JohnB wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:50 pm Thanks, JohnG. Did that this morning but it just says that I'm awaiting my next appointment, of which I'm very much aware! I note Michael Martin's promise that all over 60's will be vaccinated within the next 10 days. I hope that is the case.
Got my first appointment in Shoreline (Greystones) on 29th March, Missus got hers in the Aviva (FFS) 30th Mar.
Got my second appointment in Shoreline on Sunday 4th July again in Shoreline.
On the same day Missus had her second appointment again in the Aviva, FFS.
Anyway she came with me to Shoreline with all her paperwork. Without too much ado they agreed to give her the jab there.

Can I suggest that you (or someone on your behalf ) go to the nearest jab centre to you (ie not necessarily the centre to got your first jab in) and ask to talk to someone in authority.
Explain to them your situation and make sure you have all relevant documentation, first jab, id etc.
They may not be able to give you a jab there and then because it might not be an AZ day but they may be able to get you sorted with an appointment.

Good luck.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Thanks Oldschool, I may pop over to Croker tomorrow and do just that. The worst they can do is give me the brush off. Following the WHO’s advice that a mixture of jabs affords the best protection I visited my local pharmacy as it is advertising in its window that local citizens can be vaccinated there with Pfizer jabs. Having explained my situation I was told that as the HSE had arranged my first jab I couldn’t get my second jab from them and that in any case, they couldn’t jab anybody because they were out of stock!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

JohnB wrote: July 7th, 2021, 7:42 pm How I wish that the Govt and the HSE and NPHET would pay attention to Prof. Luke O'Neill's statement today about the sluggish vaccination of over 60s with underlying conditions. I fall into that category having a condition that makes me susceptible to infection and I am waiting and waiting to hear about my 2nd AstraZeneca jab, having had my first on 5 May. I've lost count of the number of people younger than me with no underlying conditions who have texted me to tell me they've had their 2nd jab or have an appointment for the same. The apparent decision to push ahead with the vaccination of 18-20-year-old's makes no sense when they are unlikely to be seriously ill due to the contraction of Covid. Whereas on the other hand, I and others like me could be seriously endangered if we get Covid while awaiting our 2nd vaccination. A family member who has an underlying condition and had only received her first jab is in the 9th week of a coma arising from Covid. It is so unfair that this has happened to her because the HSE did not get its finger out with regard to those in Tiers 3 and 4.
My dear sister in law, Catherine, died peacefully on Friday after a battle fought with courage and grace. I feel that she was let down very badly by the health system in that she should have been jabbed so much earlier than she was. May she Rest In Peace.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

JohnB wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 9:45 am
My dear sister in law, Catherine, died peacefully on Friday after a battle fought with courage and grace. I feel that she was let down very badly by the health system in that she should have been jabbed so much earlier than she was. May she Rest In Peace.
I’m really sorry to hear that bad news John
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Thanks lots OSS. At least she is not suffering any longer. The extent of the sadness at her departure reflects the marvelous person that she was.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Very sorry to hear that.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Condolences JohnB - sorry to hear
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sorry for your loss John
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah. So sorry John.