School Squabbles - What you should have learned in school.

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

School Squabbles - What you should have learned in school.

Post by Oldschool »

It depends on which school you went to.
An empty vessel makes the most noise.
.............(Insert school) is ....
.......(insert mocking comment)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
JWG
Beginner

Re: School Squabbles - What you should have learned in schoo

Post by JWG »

In my book there are three categories of person, anyone younger than 20 years old, schoolchildren or a parent of a school child who can justly hold an unhealthy fixation "schools and related topics."

BUT

There is a malodorous bang of antiquarian pederasty from those who maintain their fixation upon departing any of the categories.

PilotRower1to8 I suspect falls into none of the three categories.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

So we sould respond to too many posts focusing on particular schools by posting about posting about particular schools!?

Either way discourse suffers.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I didn’t want to post until after the Connacht game, but this pathetic thread Has grown out of misrepresentation and an overreaction of what I actually said.

I didn’t post about schools-based matters post the Munster game - yet i got several bitter schools-based responses to 1 of the 4 points I had made and we now have this pathetic thread.

Ironically, I would qualify for 1 of newbie JWG’s categories and I guess P123 would be very close to the sub-20 mark. Not that anyone really gets to approve, define or judge anyone else’s allegiances. Especially the thin-skinned, chippy types.

That LRIP thinks I am P123 is just funny to me. I don’t know P123 but would guess there are well over 30 years between us. Whatever about differing viewpoints from a common allegiance.

It’s clear that without trying to, we have put screws in some of your heads. A few pinches of salt would do wonders for some here.

As a New Year’s resolution I will not post about any school or where players went to school on this forum again. My views (both pro & against rugby-schools) won’t change, but too many here can’t handle those topics when they arise. Anyone who posts in response to my posts or about me in that schools context will get the response - “Happy New Year!”

Now maybe we could all take a chill pill with our New Year’s Day dinner.

Happy New Year to all, including those I have crossed swords with! ;-)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote:I didn’t want to post until after the Connacht game, but this pathetic thread Has grown out of misrepresentation and an overreaction of what I actually said.

I didn’t post about schools-based matters post the Munster game - yet i got several bitter schools-based responses to 1 of the 4 points I had made and we now have this pathetic thread.

Ironically, I would qualify for 1 of newbie JWG’s categories and I guess P123 would be very close to the sub-20 mark. Not that anyone really gets to approve, define or judge anyone else’s allegiances. Especially the thin-skinned, chippy types.

That LRIP thinks I am P123 is just funny to me. I don’t know P123 but would guess there are well over 30 years between us. Whatever about differing viewpoints from a common allegiance.

It’s clear that without trying to, we have put screws in some of your heads. A few pinches of salt would do wonders for some here.

As a New Year’s resolution I will not post about any school or where players went to school on this forum again. My views (both pro & against rugby-schools) won’t change, but too many here can’t handle those topics when they arise. Anyone who posts in response to my posts or about me in that schools context will get the response - “Happy New Year!”

Now maybe we could all take a chill pill with our New Year’s Day dinner.

Happy New Year to all, including those I have crossed swords with! ;-)
Jaysis, I would have expected a real rugby goi to have thicker skin
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

What can I say? I am totally overcome with the emotion of the season. Too much Cognac and Cubans (cigars) at a fee-paying reunion in a private members (cue humorous responses) club can do that a man of privilege. Take my word for it peasant.
Last edited by backrower8 on January 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Sigh... they don’t make spoilt c**ts like they used to. At least Franno would have owned it
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Ah Franno, my old teammate.

Fair play to you staying true to your form of the past decade. Blessings.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'm not Sparticus and neither is my wife
Anyone But New Zealand