Safety in Rugby Remarks Moved Here (Fairly) by Moderator

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Where did your favourite player go to school?

Post by limecat »

backrower8 wrote:
backrower8 wrote:Eh Limecat, I didn't set up this thread or provide its title as is currently stated on the index. Are you going to rectify that?
Limecat - The title of this thread being attributed to me is a misrepresentation. It is unprofessional of you to have done so and to let it stand. I would accept you either deleting this thread or changing the title, if you won't cite yourself as the originator of the thread, to read "Rugby safety".
1. If you have an issue with the thread title, I suggest you click the edit button on the first post and change it yourself.
2. If you have a problem with me creating threads based on your off-topic posts on other threads, I suggest you stop posting on the same 1 topic in multiple threads and derailing them.
3. If you want to ask me to do something for you in future, don't just post in a thread, send me a PM.
4. I feel that your posts here are bordering on threatening, maybe read the rules regarding respect for the moderators and other posters.
5. If you don't like how the forum is run, you're more than welcome to try your luck elsewhere.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

limecat wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
backrower8 wrote:Eh Limecat, I didn't set up this thread or provide its title as is currently stated on the index. Are you going to rectify that?
Limecat - The title of this thread being attributed to me is a misrepresentation. It is unprofessional of you to have done so and to let it stand. I would accept you either deleting this thread or changing the title, if you won't cite yourself as the originator of the thread, to read "Rugby safety".
1. If you have an issue with the thread title, I suggest you click the edit button on the first post and change it yourself.
2. If you have a problem with me creating threads based on your off-topic posts on other threads, I suggest you stop posting on the same 1 topic in multiple threads and derailing them.
3. If you want to ask me to do something for you in future, don't just post in a thread, send me a PM.
4. I feel that your posts here are bordering on threatening, maybe read the rules regarding respect for the moderators and other posters.
5. If you don't like how the forum is run, you're more than welcome to try your luck elsewhere.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Four Stars
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

limecat wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
1. If you have an issue with the thread title, I suggest you click the edit button on the first post and change it yourself. - Thanks for the tip, I have done that.

2. If you have a problem with me creating threads based on your off-topic posts on other threads, I suggest you stop posting on the same 1 topic in multiple threads and derailing them. - I have no problem with that. It's a fair cop.

3. If you want to ask me to do something for you in future, don't just post in a thread, send me a PM. - Thanks for the tip. I haven't felt the need in 12 years and didn't think of the PM procedure. My bad.

4. I feel that your posts here are bordering on threatening, maybe read the rules regarding respect for the moderators and other posters. - Threatening. What posts are you talking about? My posts in general or my remarks after I found that you had created a new thread, with a derisory title, and had ascribed it to me so I asked you to change it (not appreciating I could do so myself)?

Regardless of the title, how do you expect anyone to react to having their account attributed to a new thread without their knowledge. Maybe you could have handled that differently? Like by sending me a PM and/or by not using a p*ss-take name for the new thread?

If you mean you think I am generally bordering on threatening that is a grossly unfair characterisation that doesn't bear scrutiny. My remarks are well within the norms of this forum which I find is very civil, collaborative, fun and robust from time-to-time but we are all big boys and girls.

5. If you don't like how the forum is run, you're more than welcome to try your luck elsewhere. - I haven't had a problem and this is the first time you have had an issue with me in 12 years. I also have no issue with you removing the posts, I accept I need to keep the safety issue to the right threads (ok and the Swords one too - which is kind of double-edged positive and negative for Leinster Rugby). I just had an issue with the new title thread against my handle. But I am another few posts wiser and suitably schooled on PMs and have given my feedback, so I will drive on thank you.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Safety in Rugby Remarks Moved Here (Fairly) by Moderator

Post by limecat »

I'm going to take this to PM.

There's a separate thread for discussing safety in rugby here: Safety in Rugby: The Key To Defusing Leinster's Time Bomb

What I will say is that my choice of title for this thread could definitely have been more considered.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.