Broadband and Sports packages.

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Broadband and Sports packages.

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Brilliant news and exactly what I was hoping would happen as I watch BT Sports Production team make a 'rats arse' of some of the best sports events I enjoy.

Virgin & Channel 4 have done lots right with their rugby coverage but Sky Sports at their best are still the masters.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Call me old fashioned, I liked the world when it seemed to be getting better rather than worse, but I'd sooner burn money than give it to Murdoch.

I will never, ever, pay that evil f%~ker anything. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:Call me old fashioned, I liked the world when it seemed to be getting better rather than worse, but I'd sooner burn money than give it to Murdoch.

I will never, ever, pay that evil f%~ker anything. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
Seeing as Comcast now own Sky, I think calling you old-fashioned would be accurate in this area!
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Peg Leg wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Sky and BT have come to an agreement that will see Sky become BT Sports exclusive distribution partner in Ireland from summer 2019. Where this will leave Eir Broadband subscribers remains to be seen.
Are we any clearer on this? I feel like I need to engage a broker to work out the best package for me.
IIRC Murray Kinsella said that Eirsport had a deal with BT that ran for more than a year(to end of 2020 season) when that news was announced.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I presume when you cancel your eir sports package on sky that you can no longer watch games that you have recorded on your sky box?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

paddyor wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Sky and BT have come to an agreement that will see Sky become BT Sports exclusive distribution partner in Ireland from summer 2019. Where this will leave Eir Broadband subscribers remains to be seen.
Are we any clearer on this? I feel like I need to engage a broker to work out the best package for me.
IIRC Murray Kinsella said that Eirsport had a deal with BT that ran for more than a year(to end of 2020 season) when that news was announced.
It is becoming as clear as mud now. Sky are supposed to be putting a package together comprising Sky Sports, BT Sports and premier sports.

Not sure how this will work out with the above info on Eir, but if Rugby is your only sport then you could end up paying out a shitload just to watch Pro14 and Chumps cup next season.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

johng wrote:I presume when you cancel your eir sports package on sky that you can no longer watch games that you have recorded on your sky box?
I can confirm exactly that.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Yeah. Me too. NOW. Where were you 6 weeks ago when I asked the question. :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote: It is becoming as clear as mud now. Sky are supposed to be putting a package together comprising Sky Sports, BT Sports and premier sports.

Not sure how this will work out with the above info on Eir, but if Rugby is your only sport then you could end up paying out a shitload just to watch Pro14 and Chumps cup next season.
Its 100% clear. BT Sports and Premier Sports will be distributed in Ireland via Sky Sports.
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote: It is becoming as clear as mud now. Sky are supposed to be putting a package together comprising Sky Sports, BT Sports and premier sports.

Its 100% clear. BT Sports and Premier Sports will be distributed in Ireland via Sky Sports.
No it's not you're just being a smart kont. Unusually.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Whats unclear about it? Sky will be the sole distributor of BT Sports and Premier Sports in Ireland. Premier Sports will be geoblocked during Pro14 games as Eir Sports have exclusive rights to the Pro14 in Ireland.

There may be advantages to this for some viewers - Sky have an excellent relationship with Virgin Media, for example, meaning that BT Sport may return to that platform
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Riddle me this then. Why would anyone in this jurisdiction pay for premier sports if there will be no pro14 on it? What else does it have that would be of interest to the Irish sports fan?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:Riddle me this then. Why would anyone in this jurisdiction pay for premier sports if there will be no pro14 on it? What else does it have that would be of interest to the Irish sports fan?
I have no idea, but it won't be showing Pro14,

Sky Help Ireland @SkyHelpIreland
14h
Replying to @docathail @SkyIreland @PRO14Official
Hi David, Pro14 games are exclusive to Eirsport. Sports Extra is a new sports pack containing BT Sport 1, 2, and 3, ESPN and Premier Sport 1 & 2
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

johng wrote:Riddle me this then. Why would anyone in this jurisdiction pay for premier sports if there will be no pro14 on it? What else does it have that would be of interest to the Irish sports fan?
NRL possibly?

Edit - no NRL there.

Seemingly those with a NHL interest so only one letter out.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Eir are going into year 2 of a 3 year deal too. So they will have Pro14 in the 2020/21 season also.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

I'm almost sorry I started this thread but really glad I did.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Are Premier Sport till showing the Pro14 next season in UK jurisdictions? I seem to remember they are but there isn't anything on their web page about it that I can see.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

domhnallj wrote:Are Premier Sport till showing the Pro14 next season in UK jurisdictions? I seem to remember they are but there isn't anything on their web page about it that I can see.
Yes
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:Are Premier Sport till showing the Pro14 next season in UK jurisdictions? I seem to remember they are but there isn't anything on their web page about it that I can see.
They only have one page on the whole internet? :shock: :lol:

I think they have the same 3 year deal as Eir with 2 still to run.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

So it seems that sky will charge and extra 20 juros a month for BT and Premier Sports with the first 6 months for a 10er.

However. You have to have sky sports first which is 40 juros a month with the first 6 months for 20.

This does not include the pro14 however as Premier don't have Irish rights for it.

So worst case scenario. You don't have Eir broadband and you only want to follow your province in both comps (i.e Don't care about French or SH Rugby or don't follow soccer, golf, formula 1, whatever else)

You need to get Eir sports on your Sky box. (currently 29 a month) and BT Sport through Sky (60 bucks a month after first 6 months) That's 90 a month just to follow Leinster. Nein Danke.

If you have Virgin Media you still don't have Eir as an option AFAIK. But you can get Sky sports etc.

If you have some other BB/TV option than Eir/Sky/Virgin (e.g Vodafone) I have no idea what your options are.

Hopefully Eir reduce their charges having lost BT but possibly not.

I can see myself paying for the League and going to the Pub for HC games that I won't be attending. (probably not many)