The Good Album Thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by RoboProp »

Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Eric Peterson just maybe the best rhythm guitarist in thrash metal, and Alex Skolnick well he's Alex f%~king Skolnick. Gene Hoglan's skins are savage as ever, his timing is off the chain as younger people maybe once said in a movie

And as for Chuck the world's most famous Pomo Indian he continues to be just a force of nature.

Pure thrash goodness
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The Everybody Wants Some!! Soundtrack is well worth picking up, great mix for those of a certain vintage or even just putting together as a playlist as you likely have the tracks already
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

RoboProp wrote:Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Eric Peterson just maybe the best rhythm guitarist in thrash metal, and Alex Skolnick well he's Alex f%~king Skolnick. Gene Hoglan's skins are savage as ever, his timing is off the chain as younger people maybe once said in a movie

And as for Chuck the world's most famous Pomo Indian he continues to be just a force of nature.

Pure thrash goodness
Problems with the downloads from Amazon and Itunes mean I've had to hold off buying it. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon, can't wait to give it a spin.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

domhnallj wrote:
RoboProp wrote:Testament's new offering The Brotherhood Of The Snake, is another quality release from the Bay Area's finest. Like Gillian Anderson they were amazing when they started out and are getting better with age

Pure thrash goodness
Problems with the downloads from Amazon and Itunes mean I've had to hold off buying it. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon, can't wait to give it a spin.
Downloaded on spotify on my iPhone via Tapatalk
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

Pure thrash goodness
Downloaded on spotify on my iPhone via Tapatalk
We'll played sir.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Thx for reminder, listening now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

domhnallj wrote:Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.
Fits well with the back catalogue prior to load. Moth into flame is the pick of the album for me. Really like the album.

That said I think I was the person that liked st. Anger.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Or maybe it's "now that we're dead"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Latest offering from Metallica downloading now. Keen to hear what eight or so years and one Lulu brings.
Fits well with the back catalogue prior to load. Moth into flame is the pick of the album for me. Really like the album.

That said I think I was the person that liked st. Anger.
Game of two halves for me (well three if you got the deluxe version and I did). Strong CD1 with a couple of fillers on CD2 then game back on for CD3.

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Alice and Chains, Jar of flies on repeat lately. Short album, but every track is class.
Daniel Sullivan
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

QOTSA new album Villains out this morning. Thouroughly enjoyed the first listen.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

jimbobjoe wrote:QOTSA new album Villains out this morning. Thouroughly enjoyed the first listen.
Forgot this was coming out, thanks for the reminder.

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

domhnallj wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:QOTSA new album Villains out this morning. Thouroughly enjoyed the first listen.
Forgot this was coming out, thanks for the reminder.
No probs. My only gripe so far with it is that it's only nine songs.
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

I see Jamie Heaslip is listed in the names thanked by The National on the sleeve of their latest album, "Sleep well Beast".

Also, the latest offering by Conor Oberst (aka Bright Eyes) is called 'Salutations' and it is fantastic.

The War on Drugs new one is out, and picks up from Lost in the Dream (which will be one of the top 10 albums of the decade when those lists are compiled in a few years).
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I've been listening to, and greatly enjoying, both The National and TWOD albums you mention above.
I have Bumbleflex
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The National's new one is fantastic, lead single has a touch of The Who's Eminence Front
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:Alice and Chains, Jar of flies on repeat lately. Short album, but every track is class.
Alice in Chains are amazing. I love the new stuff too
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:The National's new one is fantastic, lead single has a touch of The Who's Eminence Front
Its no high violet
Daniel Sullivan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Could never understand the love for the National. The singer's a real bore too. Maybe I'm just far too old.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan