The Good Album Thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5290
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

The Good Album Thread

Post by TerenureJim »

Inspired by the rant thread and the silly season I thought I'd see what music people are enjoying...

personally I'm currently heavily listening to Kasabian's "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" what a cracking album.

for something a little heavier/funnier Steel Panther's "Feel the Steel" is worth a listen but it's not for the faint hearted

User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 22880
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Dave Cahill »

PJ Harveys 'Let England Shake' and Fleet Foxes 'Helplessness Blues' are currently on heavy rotation on DC FM
I have Bumbleflex

User avatar
Scott
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2996
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:24 pm

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Scott »

Dave Cahill wrote:PJ Harveys 'Let England Shake' and Fleet Foxes 'Helplessness Blues' are currently on heavy rotation on DC FM

Helplessness Blues is a ripoff of simon and garfunkel stuff.

Currently listing to High Violet the latest one from the National. i likey
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan

User avatar
sforan
Bookworm
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2009, 10:03 am

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by sforan »

TerenureJim wrote:Steel Panther's "Feel the Steel"
An absolute cracker!

Currently listening to plenty of Rammstein and Hayseed Dixie in anticipation of getting tickets for both gigs.

Recently got the new British Sea Power album Valhalla Dancehall. Also the Iron Man 2 soundtrack is pretty cool - mainly cos it's nowt but AC/DC.

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Donny B. »

Scott wrote:
Currently listing to High Violet the latest one from the National. i likey
Yeah a quality album.

Currently listening to Leonard Cohen's greatest hits a lot. Fantastic body of work.

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Broken Wing »

Alternating between Iron Maiden's back catalogue (in preparation for the Belfast gig next month), the Decemberists' The King is Dead, Elbow's Build a Rocket Boys! and Lykke Li's Wounded Rhymes.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!

User avatar
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened
Posts: 813
Joined: January 29th, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

Lady Gaga - The Fame







Timeless

User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5290
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by TerenureJim »

sforan wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Steel Panther's "Feel the Steel"
An absolute cracker!

Currently listening to plenty of Rammstein and Hayseed Dixie in anticipation of getting tickets for both gigs.

Recently got the new British Sea Power album Valhalla Dancehall. Also the Iron Man 2 soundtrack is pretty cool - mainly cos it's nowt but AC/DC.
If you like the AC/DC Iron Man 2 album I highly recommend looking up the entire tracklisting of songs played in Iron Man 2 on IMDB and throwing them into a playlist. It's all the AC/DC plus added Queen, Clash, Rob Base, Tupac, Daft Punk, Beastie Boys interspersed. Best 10k run playlist EVER!!!

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9578
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Peg Leg »

Donny B. wrote:
Scott wrote:
Currently listing to High Violet the latest one from the National. i likey
Yeah a quality album.

Currently listening to Leonard Cohen's greatest hits a lot. Fantastic body of work.
High Violet is great but you need to be in the mood. I will never get enough of Leonard Cohen.

I am obsessed with film scores at the mo..... mainly hans zimmer- Inception most lately, but it's only a matter of time before Black Hawk Down comes back around Whatever your opinion of the film, that is an epic film score!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Donny B. »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:Lady Gaga - The Fame


Timeless
Lady Gaga is a nightmare which I'm sure I'll awake from soon!

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Donny B. »

Peg Leg wrote:
I am obsessed with film scores at the mo..... mainly hans zimmer- Inception most lately, but it's only a matter of time before Black Hawk Down comes back around Whatever your opinion of the film, that is an epic film score!
That score was clearly racist!!! :wink:

User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6622
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 3:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour 74.

Mighty fine stuff.
A proud Winsome Fluter

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9578
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Peg Leg »

Donny B. wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
I am obsessed with film scores at the mo..... mainly hans zimmer- Inception most lately, but it's only a matter of time before Black Hawk Down comes back around Whatever your opinion of the film, that is an epic film score!
That score was clearly racist!!! :wink:
:lol:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5290
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by TerenureJim »

Currently loving Hot Sauce Committee Part II from the Beastie Boys, they always put out quality music but I'd rate this above To The 5 Boroughs and Intergalactic which is high praise as I love those albums.

User avatar
gfo
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2072
Joined: October 19th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: B.A.C.

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by gfo »

whats with all the headbanger music?

New Kanye album is awesome

User avatar
Scott
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2996
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:24 pm

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Scott »

gfo wrote:
New Kanye album is awesome

motherfuckin gayf*** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnv0_rb2 ... re=related
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan

User avatar
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable
Posts: 409
Joined: April 14th, 2009, 9:28 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Rogocoko »

Mona - Mona (Same album name as the band name, Guys from Nashville, Kings of Leon meets Stereophonics)
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.

User avatar
RoboProp
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3344
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by RoboProp »

Feel the Steel is an awesome album. I brought it down on a mate's stag last year and was well received by all.

Facelift by Alice in Chains, still amazing after so many years.

Currently listening to All That Remains new one "For We Are Many", its great for throwing the weight around to
This is the way

User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
Posts: 5341
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 10:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!
Contact:

Re: The Good Album Thread

Post by Broken Wing »

Rogocoko wrote:Mona - Mona (Same album name as the band name, Guys from Nashville, Kings of Leon meets Stereophonics)
I believe the techincal term is self titled.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!

Post Reply