Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Irish Sports People & Cheating

Post by deco »

Michelle Many Names. Our greatest Olympian. Ever. FACT;
The horse jumping guy, with the rich Godfather who tried to sort it;
Jessica "I won't be on the same team as Cian because he cheats" Curtain;
Robbie Keane & his dive for a peno 'gainst Russia - No it's not OK to cheat, especially after we made such a fuss about your mans hand ball;

& now Harrington......what was he thinking? Should've taken the 2 stroke penalty Padraig, you've always played by the rules - to a fault. Until now.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Re: Irish Sports People & Cheating

Post by Danthefan »

Moving the ball a couple of mm towards the hole, it's just not cheating imo, there's no advantage to be gained. Complete brainfart, don't know what he was thinking, but cheating? No.

And I don't even think it's a 2 shot penalty, because he moved the ball in the act of removing his marker he could have just replaced the ball for no penalty.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Danthefan wrote:Moving the ball a couple of mm towards the hole, it's just not cheating imo, there's no advantage to be gained. Complete brainfart, don't know what he was thinking, but cheating? No.

And I don't even think it's a 2 shot penalty, because he moved the ball in the act of removing his marker he could have just replaced the ball for no penalty.
IIRC, if he moves the marker, and the ball moves while he is doing so, then its a 2 shot penalty. If the ball moves before he tries to move the marker, he can replace it without penalty. The proper/usual thing to do, if in doubt, is to call the penalty on yourself.... And it was definitely a penalty...

If he replaces it in the wrong place, that is also a two shot penalty.
T - 45
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/9369235.stm

In fairness, takes the disqualification on the chin and says he deserved it... I believe him that he thought he didn't move the ball.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

leinster80 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/9369235.stm

In fairness, takes the disqualification on the chin and says he deserved it... I believe him that he thought he didn't move the ball.
If he was so sure, the simple thing would have been to advise the officials so they could decide.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

deco wrote:Michelle Many Names. Our greatest Olympian. Ever. FACT;
The horse jumping guy, with the rich Godfather who tried to sort it;
Jessica "I won't be on the same team as Cian because he cheats" Curtain;
Robbie Keane & his dive for a peno 'gainst Russia - No it's not OK to cheat, especially after we made such a fuss about your mans hand ball;

& now Harrington......what was he thinking? Should've taken the 2 stroke penalty Padraig, you've always played by the rules - to a fault. Until now.
2 things deco...

1.Your list doesn't contain Michael Cheika & Leinster vis a vis Wasps away in London and uncontested scrums i.e cheating.

2. You are clearly no Golfer.
3 Gold Stars
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sauvignon Blank wrote: 1.Your list doesn't contain Michael Cheika & Leinster vis a vis Wasps away in London and uncontested scrums i.e cheating.

!7th January 2009, about five to six in the evening. In the twickenham night, two antipodeans are huddled over a mac book pro

"Hey Johnno mate, I've just had this bonza idea"
"Yeah Michael, what is it eh"
"Well, you know that drongo we signed from South Africa, we should take him off, then we could take of Stan, and we'd have uncontested scrums"
"I dunno Mike, its a risky one eh"
"I know, but what we'll do is, we'll take the cobber off, then not play him again for the rest of the season"
"Still a bit risky eh"
"Okay okay, then we'll keep him on the bench for next season as well"
"How long does he have left on his contract anyway eh"
"18 months, so this'll only cost us about 600k in wages"
"Okay, so to sum up, we'll take off our highest paid player, then to cover up, not really use him for the rest of his time here eh"
"Yep, ripper of an idea isn't it. I must have been a flamin' galah not to have thought of it sooner"
I have Bumbleflex
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote: 1.Your list doesn't contain Michael Cheika & Leinster vis a vis Wasps away in London and uncontested scrums i.e cheating.

!7th January 2009, about five to six in the evening. In the twickenham night, two antipodeans are huddled over a mac book pro

"Hey Johnno mate, I've just had this bonza idea"
"Yeah Michael, what is it eh"
"Well, you know that drongo we signed from South Africa, we should take him off, then we could take of Stan, and we'd have uncontested scrums"
"I dunno Mike, its a risky one eh"
"I know, but what we'll do is, we'll take the cobber off, then not play him again for the rest of the season"
"Still a bit risky eh"
"Okay okay, then we'll keep him on the bench for next season as well"
"How long does he have left on his contract anyway eh"
"18 months, so this'll only cost us about 600k in wages"
"Okay, so to sum up, we'll take off our highest paid player, then to cover up, not really use him for the rest of his time here eh"
"Yep, ripper of an idea isn't it. I must have been a flamin' galah not to have thought of it sooner"

Mildly amusing neighbours-esque dialogue which reminds me of the The Poem by the Australian Helen Rosengren.

Denial
Denial is a river

That flows through my vein's

To my heart it delivers

A way to keep me sane

It just didn't happen

It just cannot be

That is the message

It brings home to me

Denial is a fence

Surrounding my soul

It is my only defense

To unbelieve what I am told

Block the pain from life

Try to set yourself free

Rid the suffering and strife

Trying to live inside me.
3 Gold Stars
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its not denial if one is right. Which I am.
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Poems ain't got no ding dang place on a rugby forum!
Metal
Bookworm

Post by Metal »

Calling Harrington a cheat is disgusting and out of order. And to have him in a list with suspected drug takers....