Latest poll and FF

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Latest poll and FF

Post by Oldschool »

So the government thought they could string us along in the same way they claim the banks strung them along that fateful night in Sept 2008.
Well they forgot that whatever about their disdain for the Irish people, the Europeans weren't buying it, hence the final admission that
it's at least (NB AT LEAST) 15BN in cuts/taxes that are required over 4 years.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Latest poll and FF

Post by Darce »

Is that a point or a statement? What poll?

Thread makes no sense
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Not saying that FF would get in if there was an election in the morning but if there was, there is no way as many people would vote for Labour at the ballot box as they say they would in opinion Polls. .
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sheepshagger wrote:Not saying that FF would get in if there was an election in the morning but if there was, there is no way as many people would vote for Labour at the ballot box as they say they would in opinion Polls. .
Oh god I hope not!
Not offering support for FF here, but I cant see anyone doing any different to what FF are at now (I do think they are certainly the main catalyst of the countries financial woes). I thought it was a smart move by FF to go pleading to the ECB publicly to request a time extension on the €15,000,000,000.00 we owe, because I would imagine the pressure coming from the unions at the mo is massive........ ie. Oh no lads! you've got it all wrong, its not our fault that we have to make these cuts now..... its the nasty ECB.

The only difference between a government now and any government in the future is the PR spin put on the crippling austerity required. Unfortunately, is suspect FF will be laughing after the next election because No 1. whoever gets in will have to follow FFs economic guidelines and No 2. because of that they will be shafted after 1 term.

Its all pants!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Darce wrote:Is that a point or a statement? What poll?

Thread makes no sense
It's a statement of fact.
Did I mention a poll in it somewhere? Oh - title - You didn't see the poll at the W/E with FF down at 18%.
Read it again, after the budget, when you're coughing up for FF's mismanagement of this country over the last 10 years.
(You obviously haven't been affected so far)
Then maybe it'll make sense to you.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Ignoring all the "sure who'd you put in instead" nonsense I will not vote FF because I'll be damned if I reward their destruction of our economy with ministerial mercs.

That's far from the only reason but it's as simple and trite a comment as "the opposition would be as bad".

OS, the thread title mentions "the latest poll" but your post didn't follow through on it.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I can't say with any certainty that the opposition will do better than FF, but I know that FF will be forced to attempt to reform if they lose an election while it will be business as usual if they win.

Sooner or later they're going to have to start winning elections and doing a good job rather than disparaging the ability of the opposition to do a better job. They'll be stronger for having a spell taking up a relatively small section of the Dail in the opposition area.
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

I don't know if I really give a sh*t what party is there as long as there is a good clean out of the wasters. To be honest, there is some individuals I like in all parties - surely they know they are surrounded by gobsh*tes. If only they would band together and form a party made up of qualified, hard-working and honest individuals. The way many Irish politicians bounce from one election to the next, doing squat apart from making sure Mary's young fella down the road gets a job reference/grant/passport ect... makes my blood boil.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Oldschool wrote:

Thread makes no sense
Did I mention a poll in it somewhere? Oh - title - You didn't see the poll at the W/E with FF down at 18%.
Read it again, after the budget, when you're coughing up for FF's mismanagement of this country over the last 10 years.
Exactly who is it that you think you are, you condecending old f%~k? And what is it that qualifies you to preach from your pulpit about my life? I am acutely aware of the situation we are in. I had plenty of time during my 9 months on the scratcher to contemplate the world. So don't bother trying to ride rough shot over me, telling me, how I have and haven't been affected.

I don't live in newspapers, obsessing over opinion polls that mean jack sh!t to anyone living off 196 a week. If you're starting a thread about an opinion poll, reference it.

As shagger said, Labour will not get that kind of vote when the crunch time comes. Their mumbo jumbo economics will be exposed (whenever they finally reveal what it is they actually propose to do).

Thanks for the thread though, Vincent.

PS...10 years of economic growth, deficit cutting, job creation (which had nothing to do with the growth in consumer credit levels) and investment in the national pension fund, anyone? All the while the commentators and forcasters were cheering FF on from the sidelines. Housing bubble??? Didn't FG want to abolish stamp duty? Like that would cool an overheating market.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Darce wrote: Thanks for the thread though, Vincent.

Speaking of which, did anyone hear him on Newstalk this morning?

The guy's insane!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Darce wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Thread makes no sense
Exactly who is it that you think you are, you condecending old f%~k? And what is it that qualifies you to preach from your pulpit about my life? I am acutely aware of the situation we are in. I had plenty of time during my 9 months on the scratcher to contemplate the world. So don't bother trying to ride rough shot over me, telling me, how I have and haven't been affected.

I don't live in newspapers, obsessing over opinion polls that mean jack sh!t to anyone living off 196 a week. If you're starting a thread about an opinion poll, reference it.

As shagger said, Labour will not get that kind of vote when the crunch time comes. Their mumbo jumbo economics will be exposed (whenever they finally reveal what it is they actually propose to do).

Thanks for the thread though, Vincent.

PS...10 years of economic growth, deficit cutting, job creation (which had nothing to do with the growth in consumer credit levels) and investment in the national pension fund, anyone? All the while the commentators and forcasters were cheering FF on from the sidelines. Housing bubble??? Didn't FG want to abolish stamp duty? Like that would cool an overheating market.
Unfortunately to be followed by 10 years of doom and gloom.
93,000 jobs created in the civil service is not job creation, it's self indulgence.
The other jobs created were needed to feed the housing bubble and vanished as soon as the bubble burst.
Worse than that, we now have hundreds of thousands of properties that nobody wants and is collapsing house prices as a result.
(Cheaper housing is good in the long run, but there are better ways of doing it - namely don't let it (as in over inflated prices) happen in the first place)
The FF government burned up growth and tax revenues in a 5/6 year period equivalent to about 10years (and that's very conservative) normal growth which means,
that any growth in the next 5/6 years cannot come from the construction industry. So where is to come from - Perhaps the same FF government would like to tell us where even their projected 2.75% growth is going to come from.
The national pension fund was for the CS, not the nation.
The commentators and forecasters who didn't cheer were told to commit suicide (or at least consider it)
As for FG - Their leader symbolises there effectiveness.
I am however of the ABFF mind set.
No government should be left in power for more than two terms.

Finally apologies - I didn't intend to personalise the post and I'm sorry if you took it that way, it was not intentional.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Darce wrote: PS...10 years of economic growth, deficit cutting, job creation (which had nothing to do with the growth in consumer credit levels) and investment in the national pension fund, anyone? All the while the commentators and forcasters were cheering FF on from the sidelines. Housing bubble??? Didn't FG want to abolish stamp duty? Like that would cool an overheating market.
13 years of lining their pockets and those of their cronies and doing anything they could to stay in power to keep lining their pockets. Can't believe you're still brainwashed by these corrupt, lowlife c**ts. They've bankrupted the country for f**ks sake and you want to give them credit for their economic achievements?
:roll:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote: Worse than that, we now have hundreds of thousands of properties that nobody wants and is collapsing house prices as a result.
(Cheaper housing is good in the long run, but there are better ways of doing it - namely don't let it (as in over inflated prices) happen in the first place)
This worries me a lot, all the austerity in the world is not going to show us the true value of property OR land value if the government is holding onto a lot of it at a loss until they can sell it at a profit. Both ways, everyone looses! Why cant NAMA sell its assets now at a loss? Surely a field sold for 1,000,000 in '06 would now sell for dam all! Once a baseline is established ie. normal house prices (two 3 bed semi D's in an estate costs no more than 80K to build + the land, 25% is a healthy mark up IMO but houses are not available for 100,000), I think IRISH consumers will have the confidence to spend again.
The international markets are important, but all they are looking for is growth to encourage investment, FF are only trying to reduce spending as means to raise more borrowed capital from the bond markets! Its a poxy vicious circle.

This year has been brutal, but next yr with France and ze Germans showing signs of growth we are all going to be hammered by rising interest rates. Its bloody stimulus thats needed, why dont the government put all the industrial property thats held by nama up for sale internationally at cut prices, coupled with our low corp. tax and possibly some tax efficient University student placement schemes, we could be actively encouraging growth! Instead we are constantly trying to prove that we have given up our gambling problem and that somehow thats reason enough to give us more money!! b*%&!x!

Not sure what my original point was other than anger with the conts that run this place.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

leinster80 wrote:I don't know if I really give a sh*t what party is there as long as there is a good clean out of the wasters. To be honest, there is some individuals I like in all parties - surely they know they are surrounded by gobsh*tes. If only they would band together and form a party made up of qualified, hard-working and honest individuals. The way many Irish politicians bounce from one election to the next, doing squat apart from making sure Mary's young fella down the road gets a job reference/grant/passport ect... makes my blood boil.
Nail on head. It's very depressing :(
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Oldschool wrote:Finally apologies - I didn't intend to personalise the post and I'm sorry if you took it that way, it was not intentional.
Indeed. Perhaps I too acted out of hand
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Darce wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Finally apologies - I didn't intend to personalise the post and I'm sorry if you took it that way, it was not intentional.
Indeed. Perhaps I too acted out of hand
Peace & Love breaks out on Leinsterfans.

Now off to the Munster thread...
Get in the f%~king bag.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Fact is; we have too may TDs . We don't need 3-5 TDs per constituency as well as the raft of councillers. Cut the TDs in half and leave local politics to the local authorities. We need politicians who are focussed on the national (international) picture not the pothole situation in ballygobackwards

I was to believe that the greens ran the last election on this point....
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

No opposition = no government. Every Minister, TD and County Councillor have failed to carry out the roll which the we elected them to.

We live in a country that has a cr@p health care system, but great nurses and doctors. We have an education system that crams kids into portacabins - then cooks the numbers to pretend the teacher pupil ratio is not screwed - but we do have good teachers.

The biggest boon on our country has always been forced emigration, after breaking that cycle it is unforgiveable that it now seems like government policy!

Sorry for ranting - but it really pisses me off.

And for those f%~k wits who say we all had it so good! we all worked damn hard to earn lots so we could pay mad money for houses and cars and shopping. If you look back at the boom time the stories in the news were how long you'd be waiting on a trolly in A&E, why we were all driving to newry to do the shopping, 30 plus class sizes and so on. How well did we really do?
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

sarah_lennon wrote:Cut the TDs in half
Harsh but fair.

Axe or sword?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

sarah_lennon wrote:Fact is; we have too may TDs . We don't need 3-5 TDs per constituency as well as the raft of councillers. Cut the TDs in half and leave local politics to the local authorities. We need politicians who are focussed on the national (international) picture not the pothole situation in ballygobackwards

I was to believe that the greens ran the last election on this point....
True but we need the turkeys to vote for Christmas to reform this and I don't see that happening.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.