Munster Match is the 2nd april

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster Match is the 2nd april

Post by munster#1 »

johng wrote:
munster#1 wrote:so what kind of team do ye expect to be put out? imo munster will start with a fairly weak team, giving most of their internationals a rest.
just my opinion but here's my munster team

horan flannery buckley
MOD nagle
quinny TOD
williams
stringer
rog
jdvl
mafi
hurley howlett

warwick
Think Leinster will do as last year. Leave out one or two key players (Last year it was Bod and Luke) Otherwise full strength.
to be fair last season leinster only had 5 players in the irish squad this year it is a bit more, and with a HC match the week after i could see ye resting healy, heslip, sexton, darce and bod
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

If it was me. I would think about resting Ciano, Bod and Heaslip v Connacht.

Sexto, Leo, Jeno, Redan & Kearney not at all.

Darce??? Giving McFadden or O'Malley a run against the turnips might be good?

On the other hand you would want to get your patterns going for Clermont.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote: Think Leinster will do as last year. Leave out one or two key players (Last year it was Bod and Luke) Otherwise full strength.
In fairness they were both carrying knocks last year and so weren't risked.
sally
Bookworm

Post by sally »

Scott wrote:
sally wrote: Another inconvenient little fact, Uganda has the best record in combatting AIDS in Africa. It also supports abstinence and fidelity over condom use.
It also supports the killing of gay people with it's anti-homosexuality bill that mandates the death penalty for anyone who commits an act of "homosexuality"
Not true. Ugandan Bill. Church doesn't support death penalty. Never mind for homosexual acts.
sally
Bookworm

Post by sally »

Donny B. wrote:
sally wrote:
97% of sex abuse is non-clerical.

What a wonderful argument by that way. The Church was only responsible for systematically covering up for a small percentage of the country's child abusers, so that makes it okay.

Proof once again that this self-serving institution is beyond shame. Hilarious that on the same day, they feel the need to give a moral lecture on civil partnership for gays.
I never made that argument. To my knowledge noone has ever seriously made that argument. But misrepresent all you want if it makes you feel justified about your bigotry.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

sally wrote:
Scott wrote:
sally wrote: Another inconvenient little fact, Uganda has the best record in combatting AIDS in Africa. It also supports abstinence and fidelity over condom use.
It also supports the killing of gay people with it's anti-homosexuality bill that mandates the death penalty for anyone who commits an act of "homosexuality"
Not true. Ugandan Bill. Church doesn't support death penalty. Never mind for homosexual acts.

What's 'not true'. Uganda does not have an anti-homosexuality bill? I never said the church supports the murder of gay people, i said Uganda does. "But misrepresent all you want if it makes you feel justified".

I would suggest that the church appears to have no problem working with a regime that openly kill homosexuals
Last edited by Scott on March 12th, 2010, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

johng wrote:If it was me. I would think about resting Ciano, Bod and Heaslip v Connacht.

i'm not sure it would be a massive impact for ye resting all your irish internationals, it would weaken ye against us, but ye still will end up in the top 4.
after all leinsters 8,10,12 and 13 have been playing together for ireland, a rest for them might be the best thing for the clermont match.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
sally
Bookworm

Post by sally »

Ideally you'd want the full team out for the QF game then next week but we have shown already this year that such preparation isn't necessary. I'd like to see McFadden up against a quality Munster midfield pairing, as well as the likes of Strauss and Ross getting meaningful game time.

Judging by Smal's comments reported today, and the recent respective form of Hayes/Buckley, there is the prospect of Munster using this game as a litmus test for Buckley starting their QF.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Never mind
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
sally
Bookworm

Post by sally »

Scott wrote:
What's 'not true'. Uganda does not have an anti-homosexuality bill?
That the Church has an anti-homosexuality Bill which creates an offence punishable by the death penalty. It's a Ugandan Bill - the Church opposes both its provisions relating to the death penalty and to imprisonment of homosexuals.

I'm pretty sure now you didn't mean that its the Church's Bill - apologies for misreading that.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Any possibility we could stay on the subject of rugby
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
sally
Bookworm

Post by sally »

Scott wrote: I would suggest that the church appears to have no problem working with a regime that openly kill homosexuals
The alternative is to ignore the plight of that country's poor/Aids victims etc. The Church have made their opposition known but, along with other NGO's, they aren't going to sever ties with the Ugandan gov as "soft power" in these circumstances is usually more effective. If the Bill goes through and gay people face the firing squad then a stronger, more forcful approach will be needed.

BTW the Church works with regimes which target unborn human beings - this isn't particular to gay people.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

well i give up, sorry rugby fans i tried to bring it back on subject, surelt PMs would be lads best option to talk rugby on this religious site
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Can you guys take all this stuff to the "Quaint old superstitions forum" and argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin or whatever. Rugby is more interesting. No amount of arguing is going to convince anyone of anything and is just going to create tension.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

munster#1 wrote:
johng wrote:If it was me. I would think about resting Ciano, Bod and Heaslip v Connacht.

i'm not sure it would be a massive impact for ye resting all your irish internationals, it would weaken ye against us, but ye still will end up in the top 4.
after all leinsters 8,10,12 and 13 have been playing together for ireland, a rest for them might be the best thing for the clermont match.
You wish
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sally wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
sally wrote:
97% of sex abuse is non-clerical.

What a wonderful argument by that way. The Church was only responsible for systematically covering up for a small percentage of the country's child abusers, so that makes it okay.
I never made that argument. To my knowledge noone has ever seriously made that argument. But misrepresent all you want if it makes you feel justified about your bigotry.
Then why bring up that statistic?

And this is the Bishop of Elphin's argument that the church is being unfairly picked on by the media.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing18.html

And if hating an organisation that systematically protects child abusers makes me a bigot, then so be it!

By blindly defending them, what does that make you Sally?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny!!!! I am starting to get very, very cross now. Play nice
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:Donny!!!! I am starting to get very, very cross now. Play nice
Hey boys and girls the original thread was started because of the day it was on, not because of the actual rugby side of things. It was inevitable that religion would come into it and God's very own internet warrior Sally would get involved.

So if you want to talk rugby, take it elsewhere. :D
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It's just that after the first few bangs back and forth it is boring as F^&k. Just like ... No I'm not going there.
You are not going to be convinced by Sally, and Sally is not going to be convinced by you. Everyone just gets angry.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

I'm not angry and neither's my wife.
I am the one who knocks!