Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Oldschool »

Can anyone explain what is happening with the hedge fund thingee and what are the consequence for joe public.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote: January 29th, 2021, 4:10 pm Can anyone explain what is happening with the hedge fund thingee and what are the consequence for joe public.
https://sputniknews.com/business/202101 ... explained/
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Peg Leg wrote: January 29th, 2021, 5:25 pm
Oldschool wrote: January 29th, 2021, 4:10 pm Can anyone explain what is happening with the hedge fund thingee and what are the consequence for joe public.
https://sputniknews.com/business/202101 ... explained/

I'd suggest the Simpsons episode were homer invests all his money in pumpkins and thinks they'll peak around December is the better explanation
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Check out this podcast Class Rugby: Documentary On Newstalk by Documentary on Newstalk on GoLoud. https://www.goloudnow.com/pod-76404

Great listen
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Two hours of my life that I didn't waste watching Oprah et al. :D
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

The Grand Ould Stretch in the evening.

Daffodils blooming. Trees in bud.

Spring is sprung.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

https://mobile.twitter.com/AccidentalP/ ... 64288?s=19

I wish more interviews could be like this.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/AccidentalP/ ... 64288?s=19

I wish more interviews could be like this.
".. canny foxes" :lol:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Leo Varadkar.
The shinners have been doing their utmost to get rid of Leo.
There he was, bold as brass, on the CB show last night.
Clear message to the shinners "I haven't gone away you know"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Ah yeah, Leo's a great one for getting the digs in against the 'Shinners'. Especially his "no Sinn Féin Protestants" claim.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Now if only he'd uphold the he law or be, you know, competent. Instead he's as crooked as a fiddler's wlbow with no achievements to his name, but a PR industry that lives off him.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:47 pm Now if only he'd uphold the he law or be, you know, competent. Instead he's as crooked as a fiddler's wlbow with no achievements to his name, but a PR industry that lives off him.
Sounds like you're just repeating shinner bullsh!t.
There's a lot of it about.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Guys a spoofer, a grade A spoofer, with a PR budget other politicians would die for.

The day the world's media ran stories about how Ireland had the highest rate of infection in the world, the Irish Times had front page that 160 people emailed that Varadkar was right to ignore scientific advice. But yeah, Sinn Fein yada yada and ignore what an abject failure that corrupt spoofer is.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 9:33 pm Guys a spoofer, a grade A spoofer, with a PR budget other politicians would die for.

The day the world's media ran stories about how Ireland had the highest rate of infection in the world, the Irish Times had front page that 160 people emailed that Varadkar was right to ignore scientific advice. But yeah, Sinn Fein yada yada and ignore what an abject failure that corrupt spoofer is.
I'm still wondering what scientific advice NPHET were using when they told us all (Leo too, no doubt) that we didn't need to wear masks and stuck to that guidance for months. That advice resulted in people getting sick and dying.
Masks, Masks, Masks.
It's rich talking about Leo's budget given the amount of money the shinners have at their disposal.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

My mother receives the Pfizer vaccine today. She's 78 litany of health conditions (as comes with the territory) I could bash the roll-out...I'll save that for the rant, as of now I'm just over the moon for her.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote: March 24th, 2021, 9:01 am My mother receives the Pfizer vaccine today. She's 78 litany of health conditions (as comes with the territory) I could bash the roll-out...I'll save that for the rant, as of now I'm just over the moon for her.
Great News :green clap:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschool wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:47 pm Sounds like you're just repeating shinner bullsh!t.
Oldschool wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:47 pm It's rich talking about Leo's budget given the amount of money the shinners have at their disposal.
Great deflection tactic - just ignore all the shortcomings/failures of the Blueshirts and blame the "shinners" for everything.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:12 pm
Oldschool wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:47 pm Sounds like you're just repeating shinner bullsh!t.
Oldschool wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:47 pm It's rich talking about Leo's budget given the amount of money the shinners have at their disposal.
Great deflection tactic - just ignore all the shortcomings/failures of the Blueshirts and blame the "shinners" for everything.
Well deflected and once again deflecting onto Leo.
The shinners want rid of Leo for one very good reason.
He's their biggest threat to getting into power and they will do anything to take him out of the frame.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

As long as there are marks for whom every failure can be compensated by shouting "Sinn Fein" government will never be accountable in this country
I could answer your question above, but you could too if you were trying to argue in good faith. You're not. No more than Varadkar does hen he introduces the.non sequitur of Sinn Fein every time his failure, incompetence, or corruption are pointed out.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

As long as one group of privately educated centre right idiots can shout at another group of privately educated centre right idiots there will always be useful idiots ready to fight one corner or another.
I have Bumbleflex