Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

IanD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:44 am Trip to the Aviva planned on Monday for my first shot of vaccine.

Not sure if it's a Leinster Jersey day or an Ireland Jersey day.
Either way we do expect to see the flag with you
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:45 pm
IanD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:44 am Trip to the Aviva planned on Monday for my first shot of vaccine.

Bill Gates is embedding it in the tracker chip in the vaccine. Least he can do.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

You see I thought about bringing the Flag but I felt it was over the top and no one else would think of it.

Now I have to reevaluate the idea.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

IanD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:25 pm

You see I thought about bringing the Flag but I felt it was over the top and no one else would think of it.

Now I have to reevaluate the idea.
it's your defining characteristic :D
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

I don't send the government any messages but they send me plenty.
A candidate for Prince Phillip's epitaph.
:clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jabba, Jabba, AZooo. :green clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Being done with exams for another year.

Don't know why I decided to do a Masters and run a consultancy at the same time but I'm very glad my wife convinced me to only do 2 modules a year. :shock:
Anyone But New Zealand
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

FLIP wrote: May 4th, 2021, 10:43 pm Being done with exams for another year.

Don't know why I decided to do a Masters and run a consultancy at the same time but I'm very glad my wife convinced me to only do 2 modules a year. :shock:
Fair play to you and congratulations. It can't have been easy especially with the backdrop of the pandemic. I often rue not having done a Masters myself, but then I remember I did the absolute bare minimum to get my degree and even that seemed too much like hard work
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

RoboProp wrote: May 5th, 2021, 9:48 am
FLIP wrote: May 4th, 2021, 10:43 pm Being done with exams for another year.

Fair play to you and congratulations. It can't have been easy especially with the backdrop of the pandemic. I often rue not having done a Masters myself, but then I remember I did the absolute bare minimum to get my degree and even that seemed too much like hard work
In retrospect it made it easier - what else was I going to do? It was always distance learning anyway so not much changed. Bigger problem was work getting in the way of studying - at some points I was a month behind simply because I was working every hour of the day.

Most people I know who have Masters don't really get much value out of it as it wasn't something that was needed for their jobs, just something they wanted to do. I'm only going for it because it's a requirement for a particular career path I want to go down, and thought it would be plain sailing like all my education up until now. But either I'm getting old and stupid or I'm reaching my limits :lol:
Anyone But New Zealand
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We're never slow in this country to point the finger at those responsible for screw-ups, whether it be financial, political, sporting or otherwise. Other than in the sporting life of the country, we tend not to seek out and praise the individuals or groups who run things without a hitch.

On that basis, I would love if some of our investigative journalists could turn their focus on those who have put the organisation and logistics together for the mass vaccination programmes at Aviva, City West & the Helix. There may well be other centres around the country which are receiving as much universal praise as the three big operations in Dublin, so my bad if I have ignored comparable good reports.

From end-users, through volunteer staff to security personnel on site, I have heard nothing but the highest praise and compliments for how these operations have been conducted. Highly competent staff, expert technical assistance, well thought through logistical planning, adequate and clean space and confidential process of vaccination.

Well done to whoever put this Plan together and led the delivery of it. It is a process and Programme of which we should be proud.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

+1. I was in City West last Saturday for my AstraZeneca flavoured jab. It was ran and conducted with what I can only describe as military precision. Kudos to the logistical team who put everything in place. However I am hearing the MVC for Meath at Simonstown GFC is a bit of a sh*tshow.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Friday's here! Only 18 more years of work.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Twist wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:54 am Friday's here! Only 18 more years of work.
Only 13 for me....

... in your face !!!!

:wink:
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

UK took one helluva beating tonight in the Eurovision. :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Padraic Harrington (49 next August) is the Sexton of Irish golf. Amid older (Clarke, aged52) and younger Lowry & McIlroy Major champions, he continues to perform to the best of his capacity on the biggest stages. Going down the stretch against the strongest field of the Season thus far, he is in the top 10, on the back nine on the last round on the toughest & longest Course and -2 under par.

Well done Padraic and may you continue to inspire.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Had the pleasure of talking to Padraig twice. Once where we happened to be playing up in Stackstown the week before he won his 2nd Open where he was practicing. Really nice guy, excellent pro.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

John23 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 9:51 pm Had the pleasure of talking to Padraig twice. Once where we happened to be playing up in Stackstown the week before he won his 2nd Open where he was practicing. Really nice guy, excellent pro.
Yes, he's a lovely guy. I won his Driver at a Temple Street Raffle years ago (I COULDN'T USE IT!), but he called me a couple of days later to thank me for supporting the Hospital.

Just looking at his post-round interview on Sky and he really has great insight on the game. Looking at the respective cards of himself and Shane Lowry, they had a better ball of 65, which if either of them had shot that score we'd be watching them in 2nd place and waiting for Mickleson to make a mistake. As it is, they could finish joint 3rd.

Incidentally, 3rd Place would be worth something like $700k for each of them, depending on how many others also finish there. Nice reward for the week they have had.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Lowry & Harrington each earned $462,500 for 4th place finish. Lots of ranking points for both also for Race to Dubai and Ryder Cup. Shane not yet into the automatic picks, but getting there.

Probably McIlroy, Lowry and possibly Harrington will qualify but surely Harrington won't Captain and play?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

blockhead wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:03 am UK took one helluva beating tonight in the Eurovision. :lol:
The entire last bit of voting was hilarious. All the zeros, the camera constantly in the face of the Swiss guy, the comically overwrought reactions of the Italians. Superb theatre.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Great piece of inspirational story of Irish Fitness guru returning from Oz

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0528/ ... rate-home/

Great story and a good tribute to the standards of fitness across Irish sports, including our own. For example, not many Irish rugby fans know that one of the main fitness guys (Title: Performance Director) in Stade Toulouse is Allan Ryan, a Leinster guy with a great CV.