for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Vamos los azules »

mikey wrote:

Oh yes, they just LOVE us......not!!

Hilarious stuff. I was tempted to sign up so I can pitch in but I just cant be bothered!

Saints fans are not wild about us either....

Jealousy is a terrible thing.
Given the jubilant "in your face English whinging losers" postings I have seen on a couple of the forums (fora?) I browse I actually think the residents there are taking the mocking very well. Yes Leinster are the best side around at the moment but some of the triumphalism is very Munster circa 2008/2009. It doesn't take long for the wheel to turn.

Can't we just rave about how good Leinster are at the moment without mocking the opposition supporters?
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Quick rave about the company in the car on the drive to and from Leeds. Conor, Paddy, Richie and Nick made a long journey great craic. Considering most of us were meeting for the first time in T1 Dublin and Leeds Car hire stand it could have been a deeeeee-saster! But instead it was mighty. Great tunes Conor! Well played. :D
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Skinfull wrote:Quick rave about the company in the car on the drive to and from Leeds. Conor, Paddy, Richie and Nick made a long journey great craic. Considering most of us were meeting for the first time in T1 Dublin and Leeds Car hire stand it could have been a deeeeee-saster! But instead it was mighty. Great tunes Conor! Well played. :D
Similar enjoyable experience for me. Except we didn't have any music and the radio wasn't tuned. :lol:
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Vamos los azules wrote:
mikey wrote:

Hilarious stuff. I was tempted to sign up so I can pitch in but I just cant be bothered!

Given the jubilant "in your face English whinging losers" postings I have seen on a couple of the forums (fora?) I browse I actually think the residents there are taking the mocking very well. Yes Leinster are the best side around at the moment but some of the triumphalism is very Munster circa 2008/2009. It doesn't take long for the wheel to turn.

Can't we just rave about how good Leinster are at the moment without mocking the opposition supporters?

what fora are they?

i haven't seen any postings like that on my travels
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

berniemac67 wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:
mikey wrote:

what fora are they?

i haven't seen any postings like that on my travels
The Tigers board looks to have had posts removed/edited. I can only assume it's their success in the past that has made them a magnet for the drunken (judging by the time/language) posts from opposition supporters.

One or two gems also popped up on 606.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Vamos los azules wrote:
The Tigers board looks to have had posts removed/edited. I can only assume it's their success in the past that has made them a magnet for the drunken (judging by the time/language) posts from opposition supporters.

One or two gems also popped up on 606.

606 is a forum for people who are too profoundly stupid to use google. it is on the same level as 'munstermicko's comments on farelly's drivel in the munsterpendent. so it doesn't really count in my eyes

the tigers forum is interesting. some informed posters but for the most part a community of bigots, at least when it comes to leinster. their success in the past is just a reason for hostile jealousy now. having said that i haven't seen any obnoxious leinster posts on there, the fact that a leinster comment is removed means nothing

i think the point i was trying to make in my earlier post is that i disagree with you, and from what i have seen there is a widespread hostility toward leinster (especially among the english clubs fans). this fills me with confidence that we are on the right path, long may it continue
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Fitzybobs
Bookworm

Post by Fitzybobs »

Skinfull wrote:Quick rave about the company in the car on the drive to and from Leeds. Conor, Paddy, Richie and Nick made a long journey great craic. Considering most of us were meeting for the first time in T1 Dublin and Leeds Car hire stand it could have been a deeeeee-saster! But instead it was mighty. Great tunes Conor! Well played. :D
That was a great trip , helped by some stellar driving by yourself, especially the return leg. I don't know which story was funnier the crashed Garda car involving the Chinese takeaway or the deportation from the USA for punching a cop in the nuts! Superb :D
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Fitzybobs wrote:
That was a great trip , helped by some stellar driving by yourself, especially the return leg. I don't know which story was funnier the crashed Garda car involving the Chinese takeaway or the deportation from the USA for punching a cop in the nuts! Superb :D
HAha!! :lol: :lol: Oh yeah! Good times! So, we're driving up to belfast to get the train to the Aviva next year, you in?! :D
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Skinfull wrote:
Fitzybobs wrote:
HAha!! :lol: :lol: Oh yeah! Good times! So, we're driving up to belfast to get the train to the Aviva next year, you in?! :D
Haha, you're nearly as bad as me. Seeing as H-Cup weekends are normally so much fun I was seriously thinking of getting a hotel room in Dublin and going 'away' for the weekend!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Maxi Twists
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Well I'm off out of work now. Booked tomorrow off too. Barbecues, beer, and the little matter of a game on Sunday.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Hellelil and Hildebrand FTW!
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

BBC4 has been doing a Punk Britannia strand tonight, its been brilliant. A great documentary on Pub Rock and its links to Punk Rock, followed by a documentary on TOTP in 1976, then another brilliant documentary about TV Smith/The Adverts, and now Ian Dury and the Blockheads and Dr Feelgood in concert to be followed by an hour of Stiff Records at the Beeb!
I have Bumbleflex
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dave Cahill wrote:BBC4 has been doing a Punk Britannia strand tonight, its been brilliant. A great documentary on Pub Rock and its links to Punk Rock, followed by a documentary on TOTP in 1976, then another brilliant documentary about TV Smith/The Adverts, and now Ian Dury and the Blockheads and Dr Feelgood in concert to be followed by an hour of Stiff Records at the Beeb!
Some of this being repeated on BBC4 now
A proud Winsome Fluter
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Short weeks :D 4 days this week, then off to Kinsale on Sunday, so only in two days next week.

Let's just hope the weather is good on the Costa del Cork...
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwSL-IUym08&sns=tw i have watched this 5 times and still smiling :D :D :D
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Scott wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwSL-IUym08&sns=tw i have watched this 5 times and still smiling :D :D :D
:D :D :D
Summer is ready when you are

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

I wish more websites would do this: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/06/ko ... o-use-ie7/
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

limecat wrote:I wish more websites would do this: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/06/ko ... o-use-ie7/
Best post ever!
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »