Podcasts

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Podcasts

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

While this thread is absolutely hopping during this rugby hiatus...I'd recommend 13 minutes to the moon.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

In the latest rug pod podcast with andy goode and BIG jim hamilton someone sent in this question.
Which would you rather be facing, 100 duck size billy vunipolas or one billy vunipola size duck? :lol:
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

suisse wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Yet another high-grade rugby discussion on the Molecast #25. Three lads who know their rugby and analyse the prospects and reports without bias. 50 mins plus of intelligent analysis without ego.
Big fan of the Molecast. If I had one recommendation, it would be for a slightly shorter pod. The guys are super knowledgeable but it was down to, say, 35-40 mins, the content would be unreal. I usually find that after the 40 minute mark I start to lose focus
Im fine with longer pods but Id like if they introduced themselves at the start. I havent a clue what their names are so when they reference someone by name I sometimes dont know if theyre talking about the other guys on the pod
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Twist wrote:
suisse wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Yet another high-grade rugby discussion on the Molecast #25. Three lads who know their rugby and analyse the prospects and reports without bias. 50 mins plus of intelligent analysis without ego.
Big fan of the Molecast. If I had one recommendation, it would be for a slightly shorter pod. The guys are super knowledgeable but it was down to, say, 35-40 mins, the content would be unreal. I usually find that after the 40 minute mark I start to lose focus
Im fine with longer pods but Id like if they introduced themselves at the start. I havent a clue what their names are so when they reference someone by name I sometimes dont know if theyre talking about the other guys on the pod
It's all part of the mystique ...
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Who said that?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

"They seek him here, they seek him there...."
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Twist wrote:Who said that?
If anyone was to answer that, they would be a mole.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Anyone listen to/read Three Red Kings? Obviously it's focussed on Munster but I find his stuff to be very good, in a Murray Kinsella-vein. Anyway, he's now doing pods on the other three provinces entitled 4PP. Worth a listen.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

suisse wrote:
Ah lads - stop listening to this fella. It was fine as it was :-)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Tides of History with Patrick Wyman is brilliant. Bounces a long at a fair auld clip and covers a lot of ground in an hour. Mostly focusedd on the emerging states of the late middle ages. Episodes on early banking, renaissance Italy and the Italian wars were brilliant.

Our Fake History delves into myths(epsidoe on Thesesus and the Minotaur is kind of mind blowing), tropes of history(Were the dark ages really the dark ages?) and actual history like who built the pyramids. If you like QI you'll like it.

Revolutions by Mike Duncan(History of Rome fame) covering various revolutions, I'm listening to series 3 which covers the lesser known mid 19th century revolutions in Europe(Hungary, France & Italy). He knows his craft.

Fall of civilisations is currently my favorite though it's like 1 a month. Covered the Bronze age collapse, the Sumerians, Vikings of Green land and a lot more.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Just started listening to the "We have Ways of Making You Talk" podcast about WW 2.

https://play.acast.com/s/wehaveways

Really enjoying it and finding it really interesting.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Interesting interview with Cheika on Second Captains this week, worth a listen*.

*Possibly subscriber only..
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Hippo wrote:Interesting interview with Cheika on Second Captains this week, worth a listen*.

Bit of a flex there from Hippo :D
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Peg Leg wrote:
Hippo wrote:Interesting interview with Cheika on Second Captains this week, worth a listen*.

Bit of a flex there from Hippo :D
Bit of a stretch there from Peg Leg :D
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dipping in and out of Adam Buxton's (of Adam and Joe) podcasts on Spotify. They're quirky and enjoyable, nostalgia laden for people of a certain age
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Anyone given this a go?

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/

"It’s 1990. The Berlin Wall has just come down. The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. A heavy metal band from West Germany, the Scorpions, releases a power ballad, “Wind of Change.” The song becomes the soundtrack to the peaceful revolution sweeping Europe — and one of the biggest rock singles ever. According to some fans, it’s the song that ended the Cold War.

Decades later, New Yorker writer Patrick Radden Keefe hears a rumor from a source: the Scorpions didn’t actually write “Wind of Change.” The CIA did.

This is Patrick’s journey to find the truth. Among former operatives and leather-clad rockers, from Moscow to Kiev to a GI Joe convention in Ohio, it’s a story about spies doing the unthinkable, about propaganda hidden in pop music, and a maze of government secrets. “Wind of Change.” An offbeat eight part investigation

Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. Follow Wind of Change on Spotify to binge the full season."
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Twist wrote: May 18th, 2021, 2:19 pm Anyone given this a go?

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/

"It’s 1990. The Berlin Wall has just come down. The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. A heavy metal band from West Germany, the Scorpions, releases a power ballad, “Wind of Change.” The song becomes the soundtrack to the peaceful revolution sweeping Europe — and one of the biggest rock singles ever. According to some fans, it’s the song that ended the Cold War.

Decades later, New Yorker writer Patrick Radden Keefe hears a rumor from a source: the Scorpions didn’t actually write “Wind of Change.” The CIA did.

This is Patrick’s journey to find the truth. Among former operatives and leather-clad rockers, from Moscow to Kiev to a GI Joe convention in Ohio, it’s a story about spies doing the unthinkable, about propaganda hidden in pop music, and a maze of government secrets. “Wind of Change.” An offbeat eight part investigation

Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. Follow Wind of Change on Spotify to binge the full season."
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Good yarn that covers a lot of ground like how the CIA operates, the US drug trade in the 70s/80s, Rock music. But he doesn't drag it out.

Listening to the BBC podcast about the Northen Bank Job. It's pretty good.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Cheers, I'll give them both a go so
OneLungDavy
Bookworm

Post by OneLungDavy »

hugonaut wrote: November 11th, 2019, 8:02 am
Twist wrote:
suisse wrote:
Hugonaut, because of your signature, I keep wondering if you are one of the 'Demented Mole' guys?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OneLungDavy wrote: November 1st, 2021, 8:21 am
hugonaut wrote: November 11th, 2019, 8:02 am
Twist wrote:
Hugonaut, because of your signature, I keep wondering if you are one of the 'Demented Mole' guys?
Have a look at the bottom of any of his posts.