Podcasts

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Podcasts

Post by The Doc »

OneLungDavy wrote: November 1st, 2021, 8:21 am
Hugonaut, because of your signature, I keep wondering if you are one of the 'Demented Mole' guys?
He is
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Welcome back to the Molecast. Very much looking forward to giving them a listen after >1 year since the last episode!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Laighin Break wrote: November 9th, 2021, 3:43 pm Welcome back to the Molecast. Very much looking forward to giving them a listen after >1 year since the last episode!
I admire the fact they didn't even mention the gap!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Twist wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Laighin Break wrote: November 9th, 2021, 3:43 pm Welcome back to the Molecast. Very much looking forward to giving them a listen after >1 year since the last episode!
Ditto :clap:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Peg Leg wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:53 pm
Twist wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Ditto :clap:
... almost as if was just next week :)

Did I pick up a hint about a move to a Patreon model?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Doc wrote: November 11th, 2021, 4:02 pm Did I pick up a hint about a move to a Patreon model?
Not sure if Hugonaut will mention here but Molecast are taking donations on Kofi - if anyone is in a position to, you might think of throwing them a few quid.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Just listened to Molecast #53 and confirm I am in favour of the idea of a Ranfurly Shield challenge!

A typical ramble across rhe recent rugby menu and a very entertaining listen
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend, not for everyone, but some interviews are gold. The recent Brian Cox one is most certainly up there.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

2 Bears 1 Cave
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:10 am
Laighin Break wrote:99 Percent Invisible is my favourite out there. 300+ episodes about architecture and design. Design is a really broad subject here, it can be the design of things related to music, buildings, towns, computer games, films, sports, pretty much anything.
Wild ones episode (ep 140ish) is up there with one of the greatest 40mins of audio I have ever heard.
Roman Mars has the most captivating voice, I would identify his voice a risk to my ability to concentrate on the road whilst driving.

I am a radiotopia contributor such is my appreciation for their work, I'd have to recommend Benjamen Walker's Theory of Everything also. His stories are such an effective way of explaining cultural phenomenon. Start with: Interserfs, where he "hires" an intern to help him explore the sharing economy.
I just can’t thank you enough on this. As a spoken word this ranks right up the with WSB and the disposable heroes with Spare Ass Annie and Other Tales.

f%~king epic…
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Molecast #91 is now published and does a really good analysis of:
A. Munster's win against Stormers & the coaching decisions;
B. Leinster's win against the Lions;
C. Prendergast and the Hype - analysis;
D. The appointment of Jacques Nienabar and what it represents;
E. Leinster & Syracus University - a strategic decision?

An excellent listen for an hour from three knowledgeable fanatics
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Notable that after TRKs helen lovejoy style meltdown on twitter about the hype pretty much every podcast had a section on Prendergast :lol:

Keatley wins first prize for his Dan Carter comparison on RTE sport.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:10 am
Laighin Break wrote:99 Percent Invisible is my favourite out there. 300+ episodes about architecture and design. Design is a really broad subject here, it can be the design of things related to music, buildings, towns, computer games, films, sports, pretty much anything.
Wild ones episode (ep 140ish) is up there with one of the greatest 40mins of audio I have ever heard.
Roman Mars has the most captivating voice, I would identify his voice a risk to my ability to concentrate on the road whilst driving.

I am a radiotopia contributor such is my appreciation for their work, I'd have to recommend Benjamen Walker's Theory of Everything also. His stories are such an effective way of explaining cultural phenomenon. Start with: Interserfs, where he "hires" an intern to help him explore the sharing economy.
I just can’t thank you enough on this. As a spoken word this ranks right up the with WSB and the disposable heroes with Spare Ass Annie and Other Tales.

f%~king epic…
Is the “wild ones” episode you referred to a love one, by any chance? It’s the only one I can find with that title
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 8:08 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:10 am Wild ones episode (ep 140ish) is up there with one of the greatest 40mins of audio I have ever heard.

f%~king epic…
Is the “wild ones” episode you referred to a love one, by any chance? It’s the only one I can find with that title
https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/9 ... 0519252881
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: I just can’t thank you enough on this. As a spoken word this ranks right up the with WSB and the disposable heroes with Spare Ass Annie and Other Tales.

f%~king epic…
Thanks but I don’t have Apple
Podcasts. Could you tell me the episode number maybe?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

This has already got a lot of attention already so it might not be new to everyone.

But in case you missed it, here’s The Case of the Missing Hit.

It’s about a guy getting a song stick in his head that he’s certain was a huge hit, but no one else can remember it. The lads on the podcast go to extreme lengths to help him out

https://spotify.link/xZaV48P7ezb
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 11:20 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Thanks but I don’t have Apple
Podcasts. Could you tell me the episode number maybe?
I reckon this is it:

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/wild-ones-live/

It’s episode 91
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 8:47 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

f%~king epic…
That was just weird tbh.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles