Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Laighin Break »

URC's font choices in general, but especially this in Match Centre:

Round11 | Round17
Image | Image
Last edited by Laighin Break on August 7th, 2022, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

hugonaut wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm Clare Daly and Mick Wallace – a pair of Quisling f*cks. Two stooges for Putin who are a disgrace to Ireland.
Clare Daly crowing about the Amnesty International report criticising Ukraine for daring to defend their cities by placing soldiers in the cities instead of lining up in the countryside in lines and squares
Anyone But New Zealand
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Farcical proposal of Leinster playing in PUIC.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

NOW tv :evil:

Signed up with their promise of
Connect 6 devices
Share with the family by connecting multiple devices to one account.
and now months later they’ve sneaked in a new condition - you can only have one stream at a time unless you’d like to pay an additional €6 per month.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 26th, 2022, 6:24 pm Farcical proposal of Leinster playing in PUIC.
PUIC??

Sorry slow day - Parc ui Caoimh or something like that.
Last edited by Oldschool on August 27th, 2022, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Xanthippe wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm NOW tv :evil:

Connect 6 devices
and now months later they’ve sneaked in a new condition - you can only have one stream at a time unless you’d like to pay an additional €6 per month.
Is it €6 for every extra stream.
I vaguely remember having to pay extra for a second stream with Netflix- something anyway
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschool wrote: August 27th, 2022, 4:42 pm
Xanthippe wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm NOW tv :evil:

Connect 6 devices
Is it €6 for every extra stream.
I vaguely remember having to pay extra for a second stream with Netflix- something anyway
No, you can stream on three devices at the same time for the €6 and I suppose if the original deal had included the extra cost and the streaming restrictions I’d still have signed up but it’s incredibly frustrating when they use one package to get you to sign and can then change it later.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Definitely 3 devices for €6 - anywhere they broadcast. Social media connection could make this decent value.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

So I buys the new Leinster training shorts from Lifestyle online, so I does. I principally chose them because they have a “zipped side pocket”.

When they arrived they had no pockets at all, and didn’t look like the pictures. I assumed they had sent me wrong shorts, but on closer inspection of the ad on Lifestyle’s website I noticed that the pictures actually show two different styles advertised as one product.

Had to take and hour out of my day to drive to a Lifestyle and get my money back. And obviously now I’m naked from the waist down cos I’ve no shorts. And the people on this bus won’t stop yelling. Rude.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote: August 31st, 2022, 10:32 pm So I buys the new Leinster training shorts from Lifestyle online, so I does. I principally chose them because they have a “zipped side pocket”.

When they arrived they had no pockets at all, and didn’t look like the pictures. I assumed they had sent me wrong shorts, but on closer inspection of the ad on Lifestyle’s website I noticed that the pictures actually show two different styles advertised as one product.

Had to take and hour out of my day to drive to a Lifestyle and get my money back. And obviously now I’m naked from the waist down cos I’ve no shorts. And the people on this bus won’t stop yelling. Rude.
:lol: Hopefully you're not wearing a Leinster top, or anything else with the Leinster logo.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: August 31st, 2022, 10:32 pm So I buys the new Leinster training shorts from Lifestyle online, so I does. I principally chose them because they have a “zipped side pocket”.

You shouldn’t have skipped leg day
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'm particularly impressed that after driving in they decided, once they were shorts free, to go balls out and get the bus home.

Hardcore!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm I'm particularly impressed that after driving in they decided, once they were shorts free, to go balls out and get the bus home.

Hardcore!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

I'm with Margaret Court in her view that Serena and many modern tennis stars don't adequately honour their predecessors. When first watching tennis live in the Irish Open in Fitzwilliam Square (and occasionally acting as a ball-boy) my heroes were Rod Laver, Nicki Pietroangelli, Margaret Court & Mario Bueno. Later Ilie Nastase and Evonne Goolagong were the "stars".

What Court and Laver did in those amateur days was sans pareille. They beat the best, travelled the world, played all-year round and were never paid a penny (formally). There was a Pro Exhibition Tour at the time but, although tennis was enormously popular, the "authorities" wanted the game to stay amateur.

Margaret Court was the most dominating Women's Player I ever watched. She was tall, strong and athletic and, 'though playing with a wooden racket, had great power on her ground strokes and overhead. She rarely missed a Tournament and beat the best in her era - a dozen years - comprehensively during that period.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/tennis/2022/09 ... -tributes/

Perhaps not a popular figure now for her Christian-leaning conservative social views, she was the greatest female player in any era.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

People who express their opinion as fact when it is in fact an opinion.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ruckedtobits wrote: September 5th, 2022, 2:34 pm I'm with Margaret Court in her view that Serena and many modern tennis stars don't adequately honour their predecessors. When first watching tennis live in the Irish Open in Fitzwilliam Square (and occasionally acting as a ball-boy) my heroes were Rod Laver, Nicki Pietroangelli, Margaret Court & Mario Bueno. Later Ilie Nastase and Evonne Goolagong were the "stars".

What Court and Laver did in those amateur days was sans pareille. They beat the best, travelled the world, played all-year round and were never paid a penny (formally). There was a Pro Exhibition Tour at the time but, although tennis was enormously popular, the "authorities" wanted the game to stay amateur.

Margaret Court was the most dominating Women's Player I ever watched. She was tall, strong and athletic and, 'though playing with a wooden racket, had great power on her ground strokes and overhead. She rarely missed a Tournament and beat the best in her era - a dozen years - comprehensively during that period.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/tennis/2022/09 ... -tributes/

Perhaps not a popular figure now for her Christian-leaning conservative social views, she was the greatest female player in any era.
Fair play to oul Mags for fighting her corner. And she's dead right too. You can't go around dismissing achievements because of their age, where would that leave us? Would Williams first title be of less value than her last? Nah, Court is still the GOAT (Based on Slams). Graff up there too but she benefitted enormously from her knife weilding maniac of a fan.
Seles had won 8 Slams, and 7 of previous 9 while still only 19.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Today is the start of the 3 week Trial / Enquiry in Paris about the possibly nefarious business relationships of Bernard Laporte & Mohed Altrad. The allegations are complex and intertwined but could probably only take place in France, because of their unique legal process.

At the heart of it is the underlying accusation by, amongst others, the owners of the two Parisian Clubs, Racing 92 and Stade Francais, that Laporte & Altrad abused their position and influence in French Rugby and various associated bodies for their personal benefit & influence and amongst other matters, that Altrad paid Laporte to ensure his company became the title sponsors of the French National team.

That Laporte is now President of French Rugby and Altrad is the owner of the Company which controls the affairs of the current Top 14 Champions, Montpellier, demonstrates to some, that they have very successfully aligned their influence and interests for mutual benefit. But they they do it legally? And, if not, what rules did they break? France host the World Cup next year. They are the current 6 Nations champions. Montpellier won the Top14 championship in June for the first time. None of these awards will be reduced or defaulted regardless of the outcomes in a Parisian Courthouse. But did Laporte or Altrad act illegally? Many in French Rugby believe so, but will it ever be proven?

Buried within the sub-plots are indirect references to how Altrad funded a 'bag-man' who became the principal international French-federation vote collector for the contest to host Rugby World Cup 2023 (where Ireland lost out to France). Some commentators have also suggested that the question of Altrad's sponsorship of the NZ jersey (the biggest single marketing item in World rugby) is part and parcel of the intrigue.

One way or another, the more mature commentators assert, the revelations which will be exposed by a large bank of attorneys, will probably fascinate the French public, and although they may damage the image & exterior of French rugby, they will leave intact the centre which will be untouched by the noise, furore and scandal of wealthy men squabbling for influence.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

The Fool who bought a Cockerel to put in the garden of his 3 bedroom house.

Did I mention it crows every morning?

Did I mention it starts around 6 in the morning?

Did I mention it woke me at 6:30am this morning?

Did I mention I have a sharp axe and will be having roast chicken for dinner?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

IanD wrote: September 13th, 2022, 7:22 am The Fool who bought a Cockerel to put in the garden of his 3 bedroom house.

Did I mention it crows every morning?

Did I mention it starts around 6 in the morning?

Did I mention it woke me at 6:30am this morning?

Did I mention I have a sharp axe and will be having roast chicken for dinner?
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Had to wear tracksuit bottoms fleece and gillet to the match last Friday night. First time since the summer I had my legs and arms covered.

Yesterday I had to wear tracksuit bottoms and a fleece outside during the day.

Summer is definitely over.