Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

RoboProp wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:33 pm A certain class of gentleman, let's say bolshy, entitled and possibly attend the church of Clarkson, specifically the ones who park their autos in the P&K. I've given up on confronting them as I'm genuinely afraid of what I'll do/say/set on fire (insert as applicable). More often than not met with the refrain of "in my day", m0th€rfunker as long as you're currently topside it's still your funking day, and you're part of this thing called society which like it or not often changes! Now then pull your trousers down to an acceptable height and cop the fup on, you look ridiculous.

And the reason I'm so worked up is I've an additional needs kid and the extra space of the P&K spots and the proximity to the shop because he's a flight risk is such a boon. Did I mention I hate them?!
The flat cappers tend to be assholes on the road alright...
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

RoboProp wrote:A certain class of gentleman, let's say bolshy, entitled and possibly attend the church of Clarkson, specifically the ones who park their autos in the P&K. I've given up on confronting them as I'm genuinely afraid of what I'll do/say/set on fire (insert as applicable). More often than not met with the refrain of "in my day", m0th€rfunker as long as you're currently topside it's still your funking day, and you're part of this thing called society which like it or not often changes! Now then pull your trousers down to an acceptable height and cop the fup on, you look ridiculous.

And the reason I'm so worked up is I've an additional needs kid and the extra space of the P&K spots and the proximity to the shop because he's a flight risk is such a boon. Did I mention I hate them?!
At the risk of showing my age could someone tell me what a P&K spot is?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

domhnallj wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:48 am
RoboProp wrote:A certain class of gentleman, let's say bolshy, entitled and possibly attend the church of Clarkson, specifically the ones who park their autos in the P&K. I've given up on confronting them as I'm genuinely afraid of what I'll do/say/set on fire (insert as applicable). More often than not met with the refrain of "in my day", m0th€rfunker as long as you're currently topside it's still your funking day, and you're part of this thing called society which like it or not often changes! Now then pull your trousers down to an acceptable height and cop the fup on, you look ridiculous.

The parking spots at the supermarket for parents with kids I'm guessing?
Dont Panic!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dexter wrote: October 17th, 2020, 10:29 am
domhnallj wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:48 am

The parking spots at the supermarket for parents with kids I'm guessing?
Bingo
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

What the fup has happened to Drivetime on Radio1?
"Ring us in with your opinion" shite
Tonight's special is veggie-burgers, good or bad.
I want the bleedin news!
Gawd!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

blockhead wrote: October 21st, 2020, 5:06 pm What the fup has happened to Drivetime on Radio1?
"Ring us in with your opinion" shite
Tonight's special is veggie-burgers, good or bad.
I want the bleedin news!
Gawd!
+1
When they moved on Mary Wilson I cheered. When I heard that they were bringing in Sarah McInerney, I cheered as she had seemed very competent in her short stint in succession to Sean O'Rourke. However, the current content and format has driven me to Newstalk from 5.00 pm onwards.

If I want social media content (I rarely do except on Babbling), I can find it. For early evening I want hard information and reasonable debate about the current issues of the day. Really bad decision by RTE and advertisers should be aware there are many like me - real-world consumers who vote by shifting the dial immediately.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

RoboProp wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:33 pm A certain class of gentleman, let's say bolshy, entitled and possibly attend the church of Clarkson, specifically the ones who park their autos in the P&K. I've given up on confronting them as I'm genuinely afraid of what I'll do/say/set on fire (insert as applicable). More often than not met with the refrain of "in my day", m0th€rfunker as long as you're currently topside it's still your funking day, and you're part of this thing called society which like it or not often changes! Now then pull your trousers down to an acceptable height and cop the fup on, you look ridiculous.

Can we add people who park across two or more spaces to this?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 9:59 am

And double yellow lines?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Well if you have a big SUV then using 2 spaces is OK right? I don't want some Micra driving moron putting a dint in my new ride.
3 spaces is too much though, I agree.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Especially near the RDS on match day when I'm trying to find a spot to park in.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 1:15 pm

And double yellow lines?
This is all fine if you use the magic triangle button that means you can do anything right?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:18 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 1:15 pm

And double yellow lines?
This is all fine if you use the magic triangle button that means you can do anything right?
Obviously
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Eldest daughter is listening to the entire Harry Potter series on her phone.

I used to like Stephen Fry but jaysis my patience is wearing thin
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Thread Killers.

You engage them, they win.

You don’t engage them, they win.

:?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 7:25 am Eldest daughter is listening to the entire Harry Potter series on her phone.

I used to like Stephen Fry but jaysis my patience is wearing thin
Buy her some earphones. I'm sure you can get Harry Potter themed ones somewhere.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Absolutely, them and double yellowers too. I think curb mounters/path blockers need to be in there too. Driveway obstruction is another bugbear
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

OTT wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:46 pm Thread Killers.

You engage them, they win.

You don’t engage them, they win.

:?
I'd see that as a win win. 😂😉
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Joe Rogan and Broscience
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote: October 30th, 2020, 1:20 pm Joe Rogan and Broscience
Oh this
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"