Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Peg Leg »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 17th, 2022, 8:49 pm
Peg Leg wrote: March 26th, 2022, 12:16 am There are actually lots of Nazi's in Ukraine.
Potentially as much as 2%.The Neo nazis in Ukraine stood for election and got 2% of the vote. The didn't win any seats.

Meanwhile, in Russia, the fascist dictator that has been in power since the 90s murders his opponents, arrests people for free speech and feeds his people diatribes about the subhuman race in Ukraine while promising to protect them from the things he invents to make them afraid. The Russian army has killed thousands whilst engaging in rape and torture.

So yes, there certainly are Nazis in Ukraine, and they have to be killed or sent back to Russia.
Just to note, my comment is not Pro-Russia.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

FWIW, this guy posts abit about Azoz battalion and the other groups at the fringe of Ukranian politics. They're not all necessarily Nazis and are maybe best understood as kind of revolutionary movements as he sees it(he's a professor of Poli Sci). The problem for Ukraine is that's "founder myths" are deeply connected with to put it politely, deeply probelematic figures like Bandera. We were probably spared some of this by so many of them dying in the 1916 rising.

https://twitter.com/stcolumbia
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote: April 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm
Peg Leg wrote: March 26th, 2022, 12:16 am There are actually lots of Nazi's in Ukraine.
Potentially as much as 2%.The Neo nazis in Ukraine stood for election and got 2% of the vote. The didn't win any seats.

Meanwhile, in Russia, the fascist dictator that has been in power since the 90s murders his opponents, arrests people for free speech and feeds his people diatribes about the subhuman race in Ukraine while promising to protect them from the things he invents to make them afraid. The Russian army has killed thousands whilst engaging in rape and torture.

So yes, there certainly are Nazis in Ukraine, and they have to be killed or sent back to Russia.
Sure, it isn't...comrade.

:wink:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

I though that went without saying tbh…
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Sorry - I totally took you up very mistakenly.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

AIB authenicator app. It's down but they never thought to let me know so I spent 15 minutes on the phone to be told that. And now the tickets I wanted in Wleford road are goe.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

The Boring Kearney Twitter account now being used to retweet and amplify far right nonsense. Recommend giving it an unfollow...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Blocked me for some reason can't remember why
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Anyone who drinks a can of boomer juice and leaves the can on the gym floor. Jaysis lads and ladies consider the walk to the bin as part of your warmup!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ticketmaster.

I got my tickets. Just need a rant afterwards.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 6th, 2022, 12:58 pm Anyone who drinks a can of boomer juice and leaves the can on the gym floor. Jaysis lads and ladies consider the walk to the bin as part of your warmup!!!
I haven't been to the gym since Covid. I don't miss inconsiderate monkeyfunkers, I have this built-in very strict sense of right and wrong (another "upside" of being autistic ) and I can quickly go down a rage spiral, when I see people leaving sh1t lying all over the place it helps with PBs though :lol: . I have been lifting weights since second year, so over 30 years now so I can't abide these new fangled shapers who don't adhere to proper etiquette. Upside of Covid, I got a bench and power rack set-up at home with some kettles and dbs, I may never have to darken a gym door again.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

RoboProp wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:25 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 6th, 2022, 12:58 pm Anyone who drinks a can of boomer juice and leaves the can on the gym floor. Jaysis lads and ladies consider the walk to the bin as part of your warmup!!!
I haven't been to the gym since Covid. I don't miss inconsiderate monkeyfunkers, I have this built-in very strict sense of right and wrong (another "upside" of being autistic ) and I can quickly go down a rage spiral, when I see people leaving sh1t lying all over the place it helps with PBs though :lol: . I have been lifting weights since second year, so over 30 years now so I can't abide these new fangled shapers who don't adhere to proper etiquette. Upside of Covid, I got a bench and power rack set-up at home with some kettles and dbs, I may never have to darken a gym door again.
I freely admit to jealousy. I’ve a couple of kettlebells at home, but nowhere to setup permanent camp. Tbf I lift three days out of five and session lasts maybe 60 or 70 minutes including warmup and cool-down so I can’t justify taking over a room.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

RoboProp wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:25 pm Upside of Covid, I got a bench and power rack set-up at home with some kettles and dbs, I may never have to darken a gym door again.
I have an ok set up in my shed so also don't think I need to go back to a gym. It's freezing in winter but layers sorts that out.
I've also have a bench and rack with a good collection of bars and plates - I use olympic dumbbells so plates go on those so I could do with getting some dumbbells. I only really started using all this when covid struck.
I miss having a leg press but that's just because I like that sort of thing.

However I was just coasting so got an online coach for a few months to see would it make much difference and I'm nearly down 20kg and no loss of strength or form (so far). I've started doing a small bit of cardio but nothing too hectic - 5 minute run as a warm up and 15km cycles with low heart-rate on no workout days.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Avenger wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:42 pm
RoboProp wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:25 pm Upside of Covid, I got a bench and power rack set-up at home with some kettles and dbs, I may never have to darken a gym door again.
I have an ok set up in my shed so also don't think I need to go back to a gym. It's freezing in winter but layers sorts that out.
I've also have a bench and rack with a good collection of bars and plates - I use olympic dumbbells so plates go on those so I could do with getting some dumbbells. I only really started using all this when covid struck.
I miss having a leg press but that's just because I like that sort of thing.

However I was just coasting so got an online coach for a few months to see would it make much difference and I'm nearly down 20kg and no loss of strength or form (so far). I've started doing a small bit of cardio but nothing too hectic - 5 minute run as a warm up and 15km cycles with low heart-rate on no workout days.

I hope to lose 20 kg or so this year. Have been on the bike more too. Shed workouts are rotten in winter; sounds like a similar set-up to me. You need to blare John Cafferty's Hearts on Fire and put a snap of Drago on the wall

https://youtu.be/LXej_1-Mv38
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Talking heads in the media and on social media talking about how great it would be for rugby to have it's own version of F1's Drive to Survive.

When the finale to last season killed the last remnant of sporting integrity F1 had in the name of entertainment.
Anyone But New Zealand
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

FLIP wrote: May 11th, 2022, 3:23 pm Talking heads in the media and on social media talking about how great it would be for rugby to have it's own version of F1's Drive to Survive.

When the finale to last season killed the last remnant of sporting integrity F1 had in the name of entertainment.
Guessing you’re a Lewis Hamilton fan? 🤪
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Xanthippe wrote: May 12th, 2022, 12:08 pm
FLIP wrote: May 11th, 2022, 3:23 pm Talking heads in the media and on social media talking about how great it would be for rugby to have it's own version of F1's Drive to Survive.

I mean, I won't deny it, but that doesn't change that the end of the last race didn't follow the laws of the sport.
Anyone But New Zealand
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

FLIP wrote: May 12th, 2022, 1:43 pm
Xanthippe wrote: May 12th, 2022, 12:08 pm

I mean, I won't deny it, but that doesn't change that the end of the last race didn't follow the laws of the sport.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Eurovision. Why???
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Cause it's class