Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

[quote="Sarphil"]Look, pissed off that the most important leader in the world gets his kicks from killing flies. I always open my bloody windows and spend a long time getting them out, But I am not going to swat them as they have their place in the same way that humans do. What makes us so bloody special?[/quote]

Oppasable thumbs?
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I was driving yesterday so I was listening to the Lions on RTÉ1. Ad break, news, first half, ad break, analysis, ad break, golf update, ad break, second half, ad break, analysis, ad break, arrived at my destination. Every single ad break had the savings superhero ad, sometimes twice, and the ad to explore more of Northern Ireland.

They can both fock off.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote:
Sarphil wrote:Look, pissed off that the most important leader in the world gets his kicks from killing flies. I always open my bloody windows and spend a long time getting them out, But I am not going to swat them as they have their place in the same way that humans do. What makes us so bloody special?[/quote]

Oppasable thumbs?
[/quote]
Be realistic here - The US hasn't had much success swatting anything bigger than a fly lately, so cut him some slack.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

suisse wrote:
Scott wrote:Ye it’s doin’ my nut also! My theory is Newstalk are struggling badly to fill the ad slots and just keep playing the same ad’s over n over for pittance if not for free. If I hear that bloody ad for the pub again – the REALLY long one that’s made to sound like 3 ads ……..i swear it would drive you to drink! (sorry)
Well, Newstalk's big thing lately is to keep advertising themselves over and over again. The spectacularly awful Breakfast Show plays segments of "The Emergency" which isn't really that funny. And the number of competitions they run now, encouraging listeners to part with 30 cent such as the Twix Teeser thing on the Moncrief show yesterday - "Which two players have Real Madrid signed for £136 million", a complete money grabbing exercise. After the news and sport, they have an ad break, then Eamon Keane reads out a few texts, they then go on another ad break, and finally get stuck into he show. Much of Newstalk is good, but too much is bland and annoying. That voice over (like the Mariama one) "Newstalk 106-108. Different Station. Different Nation" is head-smashing-through-windscreen-stuff
the best time to listen to newstalk is the repeats through the night! Cuts out the bullshit.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

rex banner wrote:''Human slaves in an insect nation.........woahooohooohh''
And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted internet-forum personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

That little sh!t on the telly pisses me off "I want a poo at pauls" If i was Paul i'd give the kid such a kick in the hole.Little b*%&!x calling over to mine for a sh1te!
Last edited by christy on June 23rd, 2009, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corkdub
Learner

Post by Corkdub »

simonno6 wrote: the best time to listen to newstalk is the repeats through the night! Cuts out the bullshit.
The only bonus about working from 7.30pm to 7.30am.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

T.C.B. wrote:
rex banner wrote:''Human slaves in an insect nation.........woahooohooohh''
And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted internet-forum personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

No chance of them taking over. Not on Donny's watch!
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Sarphil wrote:What makes us so bloody special?
were 500 times bigger than them, they're squishy and disease filled
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Nominations for Room 101:

People who wear sunglasses inside!

Evening Herald Headlines!

Chuggers!

People who over use the exclamation mark! :roll:
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I'd like to add blokes that wear scarves indoors. They deserve such a kick in the swiss.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'd like to add people who take chocolate bars out of the wrapper to eat them...why do they do this? All they're going to succeed in doing is making a mess and as ridiculous as it may sound it really bugs me!
Spandex
Bookworm

Post by Spandex »

Sarphil wrote:Look, pissed off that the most important leader in the world gets his kicks from killing flies. I always open my bloody windows and spend a long time getting them out, But I am not going to swat them as they have their place in the same way that humans do. What makes us so bloody special?

13-1400cc brain/bodysize. Un-frickin'-beatable now that those pesky Neanderthals are out of the way. Would have gone with the opposable thumbs but godsdammit the other apes have them and opposable big toes to boot.

And fret not Sarphil, Mother Nature, in her wisdom, gave flies the gift freakish insect reproduction rates. We'd be knee-deep in them all over the world within one year if there wasn't this sort of culling - there's a built in buffer to allow for a bit of manly presidential beat-down.
"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Corkdub wrote:
simonno6 wrote: the best time to listen to newstalk is the repeats through the night! Cuts out the bullshit.
The only bonus about working from 7.30pm to 7.30am.
or of being an insomniac..
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ceemec wrote:I'd like to add blokes that wear scarves indoors. They deserve such a kick in the swiss.
Wait til yer older and get a stiff neck yerself and then see do you still feel the same way - The youth of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Oldschool wrote:
ceemec wrote:I'd like to add blokes that wear scarves indoors. They deserve such a kick in the swiss.
Wait til yer older and get a stiff neck yerself and then see do you still feel the same way - The youth of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Wasn't referring to the elders of this world OS. More the twenty somethings and students who have scarves knotted around their neck whilst wearing a t-shirt in a crowded pub.

Also, people who only start looking for their bank card or bus/train fare when they get to the top of the queue. It's usually women (there...I said it) and it drives me f*cking bananas!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

What about that another ad "when your mind's empty, turn on the TV, but when your hearts empty"

Some poxy cod spirituality horseshit, I just can't believe they can afford so much advertising.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

YANKY FACHLER!!!!!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Katherine Lynch
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

gfo wrote:Katherine Lynch
A good choice.

Also, whoever in RTE thinks she deserved a show of her own. Or the person that chooses so many of the shocking programmes that are put on our screens. Seriously....do they actually think these will be a success? Morons.