Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 7:41 pm Player ratings. Utterly f*cking stupid.
I give this rant an 8 :lol:
This is the way
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2063
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Friday's rant

Post by The Doc »

RoboProp wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:07 am
hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 7:41 pm Player ratings. Utterly f*cking stupid.
I give this rant an 8 :lol:
:happy clapper:

Started well but tailed off in the second half
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

E-scooters. So, my elderly mum was leaving the credit union in Dundrum on Thursday and she was mowed over by some gobsh1te on one. They didn't even check to see if she was ok. An ambulance was called and she was rushed to hospital. She had to stay a couple of nights for observation. I asked her to report it to the garda, but she refused to, her best friend had passed the previous day and she is still in shock over that.
I'm absolutely livid, there is no regulation on e-scooters, no taxation/insurance. It's farcical, what will it take. I have shot an e-mail off to our TD, hopefully he will do something about it, but I'm not optimistic. I know there's no way the guilty party will never be caught, but if I ever by some freak accident got my mitts on them...(content removed to protect the innocent)
Last edited by RoboProp on April 27th, 2021, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

:oops:
Last edited by RoboProp on April 27th, 2021, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

double post
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

EEP
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

Jeepers so sorry I just want to bump up my post count
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

Kin' hell
This is the way
Ruckedtobits
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5444
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Ruckedtobits »

I hope your Mum recovers and understand how your feel. They are a menace and too often in the hands of some who pay no attention to other road (or footpath) users.
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

Ruckedtobits wrote: April 27th, 2021, 4:23 pm I hope your Mum recovers and understand how your feel. They are a menace and too often in the hands of some who pay no attention to other road (or footpath) users.
Cheers RTB, she's a tough lady and thankfully she's home now. I really wanted to go to the cops, but she forbade me. I'd sooner cross Stan Wright than my mum
This is the way
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

RoboProp wrote: April 27th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: April 27th, 2021, 4:23 pm I hope your Mum recovers and understand how your feel. They are a menace and too often in the hands of some who pay no attention to other road (or footpath) users.
Cheers RTB, she's a tough lady and thankfully she's home now. I really wanted to go to the cops, but she forbade me. I'd sooner cross Stan Wright than my mum
She sound like a solid lady, hope she gets better soon.

On the e-scooters the gotchees don’t seem to have the appetite to tackle them. AFAIK they’re not allowed on the road, cycle-path or path so there should be some way to tackle the problem.
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Predictive text
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 27th, 2021, 7:46 pm
RoboProp wrote: April 27th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: April 27th, 2021, 4:23 pm I hope your Mum recovers and understand how your feel. They are a menace and too often in the hands of some who pay no attention to other road (or footpath) users.
Cheers RTB, she's a tough lady and thankfully she's home now. I really wanted to go to the cops, but she forbade me. I'd sooner cross Stan Wright than my mum
She sound like a solid lady, hope she gets better soon.

On the e-scooters the gotchees don’t seem to have the appetite to tackle them. AFAIK they’re not allowed on the road, cycle-path or path so there should be some way to tackle the problem.
Cheers OSS. She's an old school Ulster lady, they're tough as €2 steak :D
This is the way
User avatar
RoboProp
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3441
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

I received a reply from our TD which was very positive, fingers crossed that some sort of regs are put in place for this contraptions (embracing crotchety middle-agedness here)
This is the way
User avatar
Oldschool
Cian Healy
Posts: 13179
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote: April 27th, 2021, 3:41 pm E-scooters. So, my elderly mum was leaving the credit union in Dundrum on Thursday and she was mowed over by some gobsh1te on one. They didn't even check to see if she was ok. An ambulance was called and she was rushed to hospital. She had to stay a couple of nights for observation. I asked her to report it to the garda, but she refused to, her best friend had passed the previous day and she is still in shock over that.
I'm absolutely livid, there is no regulation on e-scooters, no taxation/insurance. It's farcical, what will it take. I have shot an e-mail off to our TD, hopefully he will do something about it, but I'm not optimistic. I know there's no way the guilty party will never be caught, but if I ever by some freak accident got my mitts on them...(content removed to protect the innocent)
Hope your mom is ok, she should take herself off to a physio for a check up and some advice on the do's (mostly) and don'ts.
Sometimes it's all about some positive reinforcement.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Twist
Mullet
Posts: 1583
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Twist »

That f%~king bat.
User avatar
Laighin Break
Mullet
Posts: 1255
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Laighin Break »

Sorry to hear about the accident. Agree that they should be regulated - especially considering they've been regulated in other European countries for a good while now. Would probably require better cycling infrastructure.
Don't see why they would require tax or insurance though! They'd surely be in the same bucket as bicycles.
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Laighin Break wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:11 am Sorry to hear about the accident. Agree that they should be regulated - especially considering they've been regulated in other European countries for a good while now. Would probably require better cycling infrastructure.
Don't see why they would require tax or insurance though! They'd surely be in the same bucket as bicycles.
motorised vehicles LB,
User avatar
Laighin Break
Mullet
Posts: 1255
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:15 am
Laighin Break wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:11 am Sorry to hear about the accident. Agree that they should be regulated - especially considering they've been regulated in other European countries for a good while now. Would probably require better cycling infrastructure.
Don't see why they would require tax or insurance though! They'd surely be in the same bucket as bicycles.
motorised vehicles LB,
Doesn't apply to e-bikes so don't see why e-scooters should/would be any different
User avatar
Xanthippe
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3897
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Xanthippe »

Laighin Break wrote: May 1st, 2021, 2:33 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:15 am
Laighin Break wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:11 am Sorry to hear about the accident. Agree that they should be regulated - especially considering they've been regulated in other European countries for a good while now. Would probably require better cycling infrastructure.
Don't see why they would require tax or insurance though! They'd surely be in the same bucket as bicycles.
motorised vehicles LB,
Doesn't apply to e-bikes so don't see why e-scooters should/would be any different
Ah but the argument shouldn’t be ‘it doesn’t apply to e-bikes” because if a bike or a scooter has a motor then they should be liable for MOTOR tax. I would also add motorised wheelchairs to this list - and all three should also be required to have some level of insurance
Last edited by Xanthippe on May 1st, 2021, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Post Reply