blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's rant

Post by blockhead »

ronk wrote: November 16th, 2022, 3:13 am The orange maniac is back
And immediately dumped by his own daughter
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: November 16th, 2022, 3:13 am The orange maniac is back
Unfortunately.
Hopefully the Republicans and more importantly their will move on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

blockhead wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:33 am An entire month of football is just around the corner. :D
Watch out for those Danes.
This but in the right thread.
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Roisín Ingle. I normally don't read anything she writes but when I saw the fuss on social media I had a look.

I had long ago written her off as being self-obsessed to the point of being insufferable, and a bit too man-hatey for my liking. But my god, she kicked it up a notch with her article about Blackrock this week. It's appalling. For anyone that didn't see it, you know when Alan Partridge used the phrase "needless to say, I had the last laugh" 14 times in Bouncing Back? It's like that, except it's about kids getting raped and she needlessly inserts herself into the story as usual.

"We now know the Blackrock boys had nothing to feel superior about. All those years us Pill Hill girls should have been looking down on that school" - actual quote from the article.

Nasty sentiments from a nasty person.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Twist wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:16 pm Roisín Ingle. I normally don't read anything she writes but when I saw the fuss on social media I had a look.

I had long ago written her off as being self-obsessed to the point of being insufferable, and a bit too man-hatey for my liking. But my god, she kicked it up a notch with her article about Blackrock this week. It's appalling. For anyone that didn't see it, you know when Alan Partridge used the phrase "needless to say, I had the last laugh" 14 times in Bouncing Back? It's like that, except it's about kids getting raped and she needlessly inserts herself into the story as usual.

"We now know the Blackrock boys had nothing to feel superior about. All those years us Pill Hill girls should have been looking down on that school" - actual quote from the article.

Certainly portrayed a depth of long-felt angst which suggests there are layers of 'anti-anything' in the background. IT feminism is one thing and fully expected but getting justification from abuse of 'innocent others', just because they're male, is a step too far
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:59 pm
Twist wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:16 pm Roisín Ingle. I normally don't read anything she writes but when I saw the fuss on social media I had a look.

Certainly portrayed a depth of long-felt angst which suggests there are layers of 'anti-anything' in the background. IT feminism is one thing and fully expected but getting justification from abuse of 'innocent others', just because they're male, is a step too far
Absolutely disgusting. I see various people are asking how this trivialization of child rape could get past the editors... she IS one of the editors. She should be fired.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I would encourage you to submit a complaint here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-t ... standards/
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Toxic Femininity
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ireland is still pretty intolerant, the targets just changed and its been wrapped up behind a flag of fighting for social justice that means it next to impossible for many of the perpetrators to understand that they could ever be on the wrong side.

But of course demonising the other side and never seeing things from their perspective with empathy is the base on which intolerance is built.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:42 pm Ireland is still pretty intolerant, the targets just changed and its been wrapped up behind a flag of fighting for social justice that means it next to impossible for many of the perpetrators to understand that they could ever be on the wrong side.

But of course demonising the other side and never seeing things from their perspective with empathy is the base on which intolerance is built.
Ronk, I feel you’re a pretty balanced poster but you're in danger of keeping such an open mind that your brain might fall out.

Some things just don’t deserve tolerance…
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Does Mick Wallace now deserve his own thread?

https://www.irishtimes.com/politics/202 ... st-regime/

a cynic might suggest he's ben bought and paid for more than once at this stage
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Media talk about World Rugby introducing a Stop Clock for scrums, lineouts, penalty kicks require a lot of discussion.

Who slows up the scrum? The stronger scrumagers, the side not putting in the ball?

Who slows up the lineout? The side not taking up their position or the side throwing the ball in, but who have only put two men into the lineout initially, in order to ensure that the lineout has been formed (according to current Laws).

And what will be the sanction for delay? The same as time-wasting or a new sanction. More delays.

As always with Rugby, alterations to Laws are not simple and usually cause aggravated & consequently problems.

Think again guys
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 29th, 2022, 7:34 am Media talk about World Rugby introducing a Stop Clock for scrums, lineouts, penalty kicks require a lot of discussion.

Who slows up the scrum? The stronger scrumagers, the side not putting in the ball?

Who slows up the lineout? The side not taking up their position or the side throwing the ball in, but who have only put two men into the lineout initially, in order to ensure that the lineout has been formed (according to current Laws).

And what will be the sanction for delay? The same as time-wasting or a new sanction. More delays.

As always with Rugby, alterations to Laws are not simple and usually cause aggravated & consequently problems.

Think again guys
as always this will come down to interpretation, this would be criminal if it allows the bigger fatter packs to saunter around the place from set piece to set piece.

re the line out - I've a Pine in me hoop with the whole huddle and delay before the line out - I know it seems to be a tactic used by Ireland a lot at the moment, but it just seems like obvious time wasting.

re the scrum - f%~k knows who slows the scrum down, it's definitely t least one of six front rowers, beyond that it really depends
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 29th, 2022, 7:34 am Media talk about World Rugby introducing a Stop Clock for scrums, lineouts, penalty kicks require a lot of discussion.

Think again guys
I still think they way of stopping the messing at scrums is to go back to the old days and have the two front rows engage and only then allow the rest to bind in - and no pushing until ball in. Removes the hit and jostling (got to say this in Grandpa Simpson voice)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ian O’Doherty who “writes” for d’Indo, what an utter bell end…
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 5:40 pm Ian O’Doherty who “writes” for d’Indo, what an utter bell end…
In other news from a decade ago...
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Schumi wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:47 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 5:40 pm Ian O’Doherty who “writes” for d’Indo, what an utter bell end…
In other news from a decade ago...
I never bothered remembering his name before today
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I don't usually read it. What's he done.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 1:01 am I don't usually read it. What's he done.
Just being himself
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Lifestyle. Went looking for the current 22/23 blue jersey in Grafton St and then online for the heir. Nothing but XS. The gossun is 85kgs and 1.90m. So it might be a tight fit. Memo to Leinster Rugby, Adidas and Lifestyle! It's fu@£ing Christmas.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”