Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:28 pm
Laighin Break wrote: May 1st, 2021, 2:33 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:15 am

motorised vehicles LB,
Doesn't apply to e-bikes so don't see why e-scooters should/would be any different
Ah but the argument shouldn’t be ‘it doesn’t apply to e-bikes” because if a bike or a scooter has a motor then they should be liable for MOTOR tax
This
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Austin Healey as the face of an ad about online hate. Stop being such a little penis Austin if you don't want hate.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 1st, 2021, 4:49 pm Austin Healey as the face of an ad about online hate. Stop being such a little penis Austin if you don't want hate.
Wow! A lot of hate right there.

I like Austin, he's fun, he can take and give the banter. Always ragging on the fatties. He is also an excellent co comms.
He's biased but so what, aren't we all.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Hate's a bit strong, I enjoy slagging him though.

Being serious, in the lineup of people speaking in the ads he does kind of stand out. Not just because he's a white, hetero, man and thus extremely far down the list of people likely to suffer serious abuse online, but because he spends so much of his time using the word fat as a term of abuse. I know context, context, but it's relentless from him and it normalises an insult which can have serious impacts on people. Actual vulnerable people. He's not exactly taking the position of relative power he Inhabits seriously with regards to preventing online abuse.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 1st, 2021, 6:32 pm Hate's a bit strong, I enjoy slagging him though.

Being serious, in the lineup of people speaking in the ads he does kind of stand out. Not just because he's a white, hetero, man and thus extremely far down the list of people likely to suffer serious abuse online, but because he spends so much of his time using the word fat as a term of abuse. I know context, context, but it's relentless from him and it normalises an insult which can have serious impacts on people. Actual vulnerable people. He's not exactly taking the position of relative power he Inhabits seriously with regards to preventing online abuse.
Utter nonsense. We get the most but its not recognised as abuse.
Even you sexually bodyshaming a rugby pundit is ok it seems.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Look him up online and the first hit I saw wasthe Daily Heil slavering over his six-pack. He's fine.
lenstertainment

Post by lenstertainment »

blockhead wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote: May 1st, 2021, 6:32 pm Hate's a bit strong, I enjoy slagging him though.

Utter nonsense. We get the most but its not recognised as abuse.
Even you sexually bodyshaming a rugby pundit is ok it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All this pontificating from you, a little penis shamer.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

fourthirtythree wrote:he's a white, hetero, man and thus extremely far down the list of people likely to suffer serious abuse online.

That’s not accurate
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 7:41 pm Player ratings. Utterly f*cking stupid.
Just saw an article for driver ratings at the Baku F1 race at the weekend. Seriously, driver ratings? Is that not the race result?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Peg Leg wrote: June 8th, 2021, 2:14 pm
hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 7:41 pm Player ratings. Utterly f*cking stupid.
Just saw an article for driver ratings at the Baku F1 race at the weekend. Seriously, driver ratings? Is that not the race result?
Not always no

For example, Verstappen drove a flawless race until, through no fault of his own, his tyre gave way and caused him to have a huge shunt with just five laps to go. And of course Hamilton, who also drove an almost flawless race until the final restart with two laps to go when he went full on attack but some brake setting was wrong and he ran straight on at the first corner and ended up finishing 15th. That's just two examples of drivers who it would be unfair to rate as 15th and 18th best.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I rate Xan as a 10/10 poster.

Peg Leg...a generous 6/10, would be more if it wasn't for his hatred of ratings.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:26 pm I rate Xan as a 10/10 poster.

Peg Leg...a generous 6/10, would be more if it wasn't for his hatred of ratings.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Releasing squads in alphabetical order is a f*cking nonsense. It isn't useful either to journalists or members of the public. Put it in units ...

Front Row:
Second Row:
Backrow:
Halfbacks:
Centres:
Back Three:

... and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Nobody interested in the future of rugby can have watched the La Rochelle v Racing 92 Top 14 semi-final with confidence about the direction it is heading. The final 20 minutes was pock-marked with stoppages for injuries caused by ferocious collisions and a catalogue of substitutions. Many of the latter appeared illegal - if World Rugby regulations were being followed. However the Top 14 appears to allow rotation of all the named Squad of players regardless of position or the reasons for substitution.

No doubt La Rochelle were worthy winners and yes the heavy rain made playing conditions very difficult, but never was there clearer evidence of the need to limit the size of players on the pitch and the need to introduce Laws which require continuity in play with all injuries treated off the pitch with no interruption in play.

Ireland does not have players of the physique of Antonio or Tomiafuna but surely all can see what an aberration the scrums have become as players of these sizes are unable to scrum within the Laws without collapsing the scrum.

How many players received head injuries during the game? Nobody seems clear on this and even the two Racing players who received significant head wounds which required attention off field, both returned with large bandages but no apparent " head injury".

This game should be played repeated on a TV loop to the World Rugby Council, until they come to their senses and change the Laws.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

STUPID fantasy soccer

As soon as I drop a player he goes goal crazy, and as soon as I pick one he suddenly forgets how to kick the bloody thing. Or decides he needs a rest after doing three hours work in the last week.

I HATE it!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Strange to see today's IT get the wrong report into their round-up of international rugby with reporting that France beat Australia for the first time in 31 years. That was true in mid-week. On Saturday, Australia beat France by 33-30 to claim the series by 2-1 and leave France lamenting a poor second half.

Australia and Argentina, who comprehensively beat Wales, are on their way back to the top table. Top class coaching set-ups in both national teams. Cheika and Ledesma in particular look to have the South-Americans humming.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Kids who make fun of other kids, but namely kids with additional needs and their parents who are in proximity don't correct them. Vermin
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Secondary school uniforms and De Valera’s Ireland

My eldest daughter has quite happily worn trousers for the last 4 years in primary school (mixed), now she’s off to a single sex secondary and is absolutely horrified to have to wear a skirt. We’ve tried to talk to the principal but she won’t engage beyond a mail response that says - that’s the uniform that all of the pupils and parents and staff have agreed upon.

Now call me a cynic but I find it very, very difficult to believe that in 2021 girls and parents of girls think there should be no option to wear trousers as part of the school uniform.

I mean I have never worked in any job where my female colleagues have not had the option of trousers as part of their dress code.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Anyone hear Clapton’s latest offering? He’s lost it for sure, the ‘freedom loving, wingnuts seem to love it though, for them he’s speaking truth to power…

What’s worse though is the absolute mediocrity of the song. It reminds me of the conversation between Sick boy and Renton in Trainspotting

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.
Mark: What do you mean?
Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
Mark: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just ****e.
Mark: So who else?
Sick Boy: Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley . . .
Mark: OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?
Sick Boy: All I'm trying to do, Mark, is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.