Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: Friday's rant

Post by offshorerules »

Deli counter assistants that don't cut all the way through sandwiches.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm sure I've said this before but...people not indicating at roundabouts.

Also people who don't actually know HOW to indicate at roundabouts.

ALSO, people who don't indicate on the motorway.
For me it's people indicating too much on roundabouts, everyfuvker knows they're going straight, but they indicate right and then they pull a fuvking Matlock out of the bag and indicate left.
That's covered in people that don't know how to indicate on roundabouts.

Basically, people that don't indicate. There is a circle of hell reserved for them along with well poisoners and sheep shaggers.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Drivers who overtake on the inside to "fill in" the 'safe' space you've left, when travelling in heavy motorway traffic.

A#*holes who deserve to have another one cut for them.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Drivers who overtake on the inside to "fill in" the 'safe' space you've left, when travelling in heavy motorway traffic.

Sorry about that, I was in a hurry today

Oh and stop parking in the overtaking lane :D
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on November 4th, 2015, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Similarly, people who overtake you before you get to change lane.

Two really annoying instances of it. One if is you're on the motorway and want to overtake the car in front but see someone coming up on the outside and wait...then when you go to move out the person behind is already moving. It's not like I want to be stuck behind the slow car either!!!

The other is if there's a bus lane and you're waiting to move into it so you can make a turn, but someone behind moves across and you can't until they pass you out. They have an annoying habit of just going alongside you at a pace that means you can neither get in front of them nor slow down and go behind them.

And that's another big one actually, people who don't have the cop on to know that others might want to change lanes so don't speed up or slow down to leave you a gap to move into.

I wish they had more ads about that kind of stuff. They do have some decent ones in fairness but we could do with a lot more.

I'm usually a very relaxed individual, but five minutes in the car and I hate the world and everything in it.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Similarly, people who overtake you before you get to change lane.

Two really annoying instances of it. One if is you're on the motorway and want to overtake the car in front but see someone coming up on the outside and wait...then when you go to move out the person behind is already moving. It's not like I want to be stuck behind the slow car either!!!

The other is if there's a bus lane and you're waiting to move into it so you can make a turn, but someone behind moves across and you can't until they pass you out. They have an annoying habit of just going alongside you at a pace that means you can neither get in front of them nor slow down and go behind them.

And that's another big one actually, people who don't have the cop on to know that others might want to change lanes so don't speed up or slow down to leave you a gap to move into.

I wish they had more ads about that kind of stuff. They do have some decent ones in fairness but we could do with a lot more.

I'm usually a very relaxed individual, but five minutes in the car and I hate the world and everything in it.
I reckon thats typical passive aggressive driving, everyone knows what they're doing and they know it's bad behaviour, especially the matching speeds one,
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Some people just want to watch the world burn
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Using fog lights in heavy traffic, when it's not foggy/visibility is not impeded by the fog.

I don't drive (but I would be awesome if I could!) and that one bugs me (along with the incorrect indicating)

There should be a way to electrocute people who use fog lights incorrectly.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Drivers who overtake on the inside to "fill in" the 'safe' space you've left, when travelling in heavy motorway traffic.

I hate fux who don't respect my safe braking distance and feel the need to have fuk all space between me and the car in front of them. I'm not saying we should adorn their heads on pikes along the motorway as a warning...no actually I am
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

If you don't want people pulling out in front of you you need to employ a blitz defense and have excellent linespeed. :)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

RoboProp wrote:

I hate fux who don't respect my safe braking distance and feel the need to have fuk all space between me and the car in front of them. I'm not saying we should adorn their heads on pikes along the motorway as a warning...no actually I am
Only thing about the pikes thing is the feicin rubberneckers would never go over 50 kmh, which brings me to feicin rubberneckers.

If there's an ambulance or fire engine on the other side of the motorway you don't need to slow down to look at it, some of us have to get home for story time
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
RoboProp wrote:

Only thing about the pikes thing is the feicin rubberneckers would never go over 50 kmh, which brings me to feicin rubberneckers.

If there's an ambulance or fire engine on the other side of the motorway you don't need to slow down to look at it, some of us have to get home for story time
Screw that, you should be looking out for additional thrilling story lines in the mire
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Thoughtless fuvkers who park on the footpath so I have to walk my kids out on the road on the way to school.

Anyone know if there's a number to ring for this? It's not only thoughtless, it's actually a real risk to kids, I helped a mammy negotiate her double buggy plus two kids around a car in the face of oncoming traffic on the way to one of the biggest primary schools in the country.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Thoughtless fuvkers who park on the footpath so I have to walk my kids out on the road on the way to school.

Anyone know if there's a number to ring for this? It's not only thoughtless, it's actually a real risk to kids, I helped a mammy negotiate her double buggy plus two kids around a car in the face of oncoming traffic on the way to one of the biggest primary schools in the country.
Is that actually an offence? I agree it is the act of a thoughtless individual but whether you can report it is another matter.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

domhnallj wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:Thoughtless fuvkers who park on the footpath so I have to walk my kids out on the road on the way to school.

Is that actually an offence? I agree it is the act of a thoughtless individual but whether you can report it is another matter.
Wheels on pathways at all is disgraceful, I wouldn't fancy being in a wheelchair.
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

domhnallj wrote:

I don't really care if the car owner is prosecuted or warned or whatever, I just want the feicin thing moved.

Would it come under city or county council public safety maybe? I'll try ringing them, really don't want to be calling the Garda, seems like overkill
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Bad tunes stuck in yer head:
Last week I wa humming the New kids on the block song "hangin tough"! Altogether now "Wow oh oh oh oh" Arrgh. Two days I was hummin it, people even heard me. I think I got it from watching the Goldbergs or something. :evil:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

domhnallj wrote:

Dangerous parking, used to come with 5 penalty points.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote:Bad tunes stuck in yer head:
Last week I wa humming the New kids on the block song "hangin tough"! Altogether now "Wow oh oh oh oh" Arrgh. Two days I was hummin it, people even heard me. I think I got it from watching the Goldbergs or something. :evil:
Don't diss the NKOTB, hanging tough is an anthem that has stood the test of time. Wow oh oh oh oh hangin tough. It's a good candidate for my epitaph.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

I don't really care if the car owner is prosecuted or warned or whatever, I just want the feicin thing moved.

Would it come under city or county council public safety maybe? I'll try ringing them, really don't want to be calling the Garda, seems like overkill
The Gardai on their traffic twitter account have pretty much said they don't care about this. Some cyclist tweeted them about cars parking in cycle lanes/paths. The Garda response was we don't care, sure people have to park somewhere and if we stop them the shop owners/rate payers will be on moaning about how their customers have to drive 50mtrs down the road to park properly. Basically commerce is more important then the safety of vulnerable road users in the eyes of the Gardai.