Peg Leg wrote:
IanD wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Indo reporting they are safe
Thanks but my Dad is not in a group.
Any update there Ian?

EDIT: for total lack of sensitivity!
Any update on your dad?
Thoughts have been with you!!
We contacted my Dad on Sunday by phone and he is fine. He also Google+ed us yesterday.

Strangely he was annoyed we were calling him. He was much further north so did not really understand the fuss as he did not realise how bad it was closer to the epicentre. He is not sure what will happen next and as he is trekking he is out of coverage for days at a time.

Just relieved to hear him on the phone even if he was giving out.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Avenger »

IanD wrote:We contacted my Dad on Sunday by phone and he is fine. He also Google+ed us yesterday.

Strangely he was annoyed we were calling him. He was much further north so did not really understand the fuss as he did not realise how bad it was closer to the epicentre. He is not sure what will happen next and as he is trekking he is out of coverage for days at a time.

That's good news. Must have been a huge relief.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

IanD wrote:
We contacted my Dad on Sunday by phone and he is fine. He also Google+ed us yesterday.

That is good news, I was thinking about you too, it can't have been an easy few days.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Hosier and that fuking pox of a fall in love song. Can it just please stop being everywhere all the time, please?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I've only just got over the fact that the whole world is not a fan of the Foo Fighters. Please don't tell me that this extends to Hozier now too. :shock:

Poor guy is overhyped these days and probably overplayed too. But that's because he's so good.

Roll on Slane! :)
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

johng wrote:I've only just got over the fact that the whole world is not a fan of the Foo Fighters. Please don't tell me that this extends to Hozier now too. :shock:

Poor guy is overhyped these days and probably overplayed too. But that's because he's so good.

A massive +1 to this!
Just a pity it clashes with the pro12 final
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:I've only just got over the fact that the whole world is not a fan of the Foo Fighters. Please don't tell me that this extends to Hozier now too. :shock:

Forget about the hype, its overplayed, everywhere. Who doesn't like Foo Fighters?
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Peg Leg wrote: Forget about the hype, its overplayed, everywhere.

I'm probably saved by not listening to music radio. Or at least not the mainstream daily stuff anyway.

That song is so catchy it would get in your head and destroy it ok.
Peg Leg wrote:Who doesn't like Foo Fighters?
Limecat.

Oh. and my cousin Dave. Other than that....
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

At least I've seen them live, so can have an informed (ish) opinion. What about your cousin Dave?
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

limecat wrote:At least I've seen them live, so can have an informed (ish) opinion. What about your cousin Dave?
Perhaps it was the GBH of the earhole that pushed you over the edge? Not sure about Dave. I'll grill him next time I see him.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

johng wrote:
limecat wrote:At least I've seen them live, so can have an informed (ish) opinion. What about your cousin Dave?
Perhaps it was the GBH of the earhole that pushed you over the edge? Not sure about Dave. I'll grill him next time I see him.
I think it was the on-stage belching contest that was the final nail in their coffins.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote:Hosier and that fuking pox of a fall in love song. Can it just please stop being everywhere all the time, please?
I remain blissfully ignorant of the person and song you speak of. That up town funk sh!t on the other hand...
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Another great song that was played into the ground :(
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Breda O'Brien.

A lot of people are vexing me greatly these days but I seem to be able to avoid David Quinn and the likes more so than her.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Breda O'Brien.

A lot of people are vexing me greatly these days but I seem to be able to avoid David Quinn and the likes more so than her.
This, life was so much less annoying when he was in his self exile from the press. I'd say the difference in my blood pressure is substantial.
Last edited by Peg Leg on May 17th, 2015, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

She teaches in my daughter's school. Gets a lot of hate. Despite having no sympathy for her pov, there is too much hate, on both sides of the debate.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:She teaches in my daughter's school. Gets a lot of hate. Despite having no sympathy for her pov, there is too much hate, on both sides of the debate.
It's ironic how a certain group of a yes campaign, based on equality can spout such dismissive vitriol at the no camp.
Daniel Sullivan
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:She teaches in my daughter's school. Gets a lot of hate. Despite having no sympathy for her pov, there is too much hate, on both sides of the debate.
There is. And there are too many people using the hate on one side or the other (depending on which direction they're leaning anyway, I'd guess) as a reason for voting in a particular direction.

Advice for anyone who has yet to decide how to vote on the two referenda next Friday: If you want to inform yourself, read the Referendum Commission material. If you want additional material to help make up your mind (because the RC is pretty limited about what they can say), read a few articles from each side of the debate(s).

Most importantly, DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS BELOW THOSE ARTICLES. They won't tell you anything useful, they'll just make you angry.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I like to think I'm quite patient and reasonable but I have no problem saying that I hate those two mentioned above and John Waters etc. They intentionally put themselves and their views out there and so can expect to be shouted down and have to deal with it. The hypocritical nature of their arguments, the lies they spin, and their refusal to acknowledge when they are wrong, are all despicable actions and I consider them to be genuinely sinister and toxic for society.

Honestly if they came out and just said they didn't agree with gay people being equal I wouldn't particularly care, it's to be expected given their religious beliefs, but to conduct their campaign the way they have makes my blood boil.

Now I'm not saying that equates to egging them and having a very unfortunate incident involving a ten year old girl, but the way those people in particular have gone about their campaign means that I can totally understand why it has given rise to hatred.