Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Skinfull
Mullet

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Skinfull »

Flu. muscle ache. Runny stuffed nose (how!?) headaches. eyes sore. chest aches, cough, sore throat...this blows. Better be gone by tomorrow or I'll be infecting a middle-upper section of the north stand. :(
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Mackman15 wrote:Winter Vommiting Bug...... :roll:
Macklady 15 is not in a happy place, Little macklady and i might be occupying the couch come kick off time.
Hmmmm... rehydration sachets are magic you know. They're stoopid expensive for what they are and taste like muck but they really, really work. Alternatively just buy a bunch of gatorade or something, or if you're really cheap some tepid water with salt and sugar in it.

Just a thought. And then Little Macklady can join you at the match to get out of her ma's hair.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Mackman15 wrote:Winter Vommiting Bug...... :roll:
Macklady 15 is not in a happy place, Little macklady and i might be occupying the couch come kick off time.
Surely the two of you would be safer in the pub and out of Ms Macklady's way - You (I meant 'She' of course) might even appreciate the break.
Can you program Miss Macklady with an appropriate bribe?
OS I'm trying to work out if your suggestion is from experience or........ a complete lack thereof? :wink:
There's a few answers to that.
I'm still alive, aren't I?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Dropped my mobile phone at the match today during my excitement at one of the tries. It's completely dead and no old handsets in the house as it seemed like a really good idea to recycle them all.

Real pain in the backside now to try to claim on insurance.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

George Hamilton's attempts at rugby commentary are infuriatingly bad.

For the highlights of the Ulster game he referred to Ferris as being distinguished by "The black hat" even though there was another Ulster back row player in a black scrum cap. Also referred to them as Leinster on at least one occasion.

I know he'll be covering some of the Six Nations games, just wish someone would give him a crash course in rugby and rugby terminology/team names etc. before it starts.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Must remember to check college email over the weekend. In for a 9.00 lab that was cancelled :(

also the pr!*k in the corsa that was doing 40mph between Golden and Boher last night, that needed to slow down when cars were coming against him
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Scabs who steal butter from the fridge in the office. . . .FFS a new pack bought last week and half of it gone already :roll:
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

sheepshagger wrote:Scabs who steal butter from the fridge in the office. . . .FFS a new pack bought last week and half of it gone already :roll:

do you think there's an anti-sheepshagger from your office in the friday's rave section of some other forum delighting in the fact they got free butter at work?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Smeehank
Graduate

Post by Smeehank »

Aer Lingus cabin crew.

If they f*ck up my trip to Paris this weekend there will be murder.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

tate wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Scabs who steal butter from the fridge in the office. . . .FFS a new pack bought last week and half of it gone already :roll:

do you think there's an anti-sheepshagger from your office in the friday's rave section of some other forum delighting in the fact they got free butter at work?
Possibly - its €1.79 for a tub of butter - FFS buy your focken own ya cheap b$&%@#d/b*tch whoever it is.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sheepshagger wrote:
tate wrote:

Possibly - its €1.79 for a tub of butter - FFS buy your focken own ya cheap b$&%@#d/b*tch whoever it is.
It's probably the only lubricant available, due to all those cutbacks :wink:
T - 45
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

sheepshagger wrote:
tate wrote:

And you'd have thought Bosco of all people would be used to having someone's hand up his ...................... Never mind.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I've just realised I have a stag, wedding and wedding on the weekends of the HEC quarter final, semi final and to cap it off, the final.

FFS! :evil:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

The need for certain undergarments to go running. And leaving said garment 40 miles away from the treadmill on which I planned to run. Grrrrrr!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Leinsterman wrote:I've just realised I have a stag, wedding and wedding on the weekends of the HEC quarter final, semi final and to cap it off, the final.

Ouch. That's a nasty hat trick. I have a wedding the day of the final :roll:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scott wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:I've just realised I have a stag, wedding and wedding on the weekends of the HEC quarter final, semi final and to cap it off, the final.

Ouch. That's a nasty hat trick. I have a wedding the day of the final :roll:
If it's you own wedding, postpone it. If it's someone else's, they'll understand.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

My confidence in Brian Cowen!! :roll: :roll:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The "All in the scrum" section of the IT on a Monday. It's been steadily getting worse and more boring by the week but the following piece really summed up how pathetic it's become imo. Really baffling that someone thought this was a funny story...and continued to do so as they wrote it.
]GOING COMMANDO: THERE WAS some trepidation at Ravenhill among family members when they heard that Biarritz was going to arrive in Belfast “commando” style.

Hooker Benoit August said before the match that the Basque club would face Ulster with a “commando” attitude.

What the French understand as going “commando” and what the English connotation of the expression means is likely to be entirely separate things.

Britney Spears has “gone commando” on a few of her social occasions and so has the tasteful Paris Hilton and given the French penchant for appearing in tastefully shot nude calendars, nobody was taking any chances.

However, all of the Biarritz players seemed suitably and modestly attired beneath their snug-fitting shorts and thankfully there were no outbreaks of what we understand as going “commando”.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

People WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER fedding the trolls :roll:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Scott wrote:People WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER fedding the trolls :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think some people are missing some of our regular contributions to several other threads. I mean, the 6N squad SHOULD, normally, be chock full of people living under a bridge. But for some reason they don't have the self-confidence to start trolling.