Flag etiquette

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Leezer
Enlightened

Re: Flag etiquette

Post by Leezer »

our next door neighbour told us to take them down.......although he is trying to sell his house.....lets hope some Leinster lovin super models move in!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

you should leave them up until you are no longer the champions of europes greatest rugby competition, show your pride in the flag keep leinster blue for as long as possible that way you will remember everyday ye are the champs. who knows ye might never win it again so enjoy every minute.
then again if ye retain it you might need to take them down to wash them
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Rathdown motors in Terenure still have them up. They deal in Hyundais and I noticed this slight similarity...

I'm not advertising Hyundai honestly. Don't wanna be taken to task like Slatterys guy! :lol:
gERI
Knowledgeable

Post by gERI »

Leezer wrote:our next door neighbour told us to take them down.......although he is trying to sell his house.....lets hope some Leinster lovin super models move in!
Cant believe your neighbour asked you to take them down, the cheek of him! Is he trying to sell his house to munster supporters of something????

Geri
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

gERI wrote:
Leezer wrote:our next door neighbour told us to take them down.......although he is trying to sell his house.....lets hope some Leinster lovin super models move in!
Cant believe your neighbour asked you to take them down, the cheek of him! Is he trying to sell his house to munster supporters of something????

Geri

eh...what im going to say next will probably start a world of pain.....but

i hope to god Munster supporters dont move in next door.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Leezer wrote:i hope to god Munster supporters dont move in next door.
50% chance: "jaysus, boy, i do hate Dublin, but it doesn't stop me living here, like. It just means I'll complain about dublin constantly and make sure everyone knows i'm not from dublin."

50% chance: "i will practise losing my culchie accent in front of the mirror because i really actually want to sound like a sophisticated city dweller. i'll die of anyone finds out im from kerry"
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

''60% of the time it works everytime''

Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

Leezer wrote:
gERI wrote:

Geri

eh...what im going to say next will probably start a world of pain.....but

i hope to god Munster supporters dont move in next door.
I hope you went out and put up some more.
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

honeyec wrote:When more than half the flag has unravelled, I reckon. That's about two more days for my car flags...

I'm leaving my house flags up til the end of the week, I'll take them down on Monday.

So much for that - still have the flag up outside the house!
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

honeyec wrote:
honeyec wrote:When more than half the flag has unravelled, I reckon. That's about two more days for my car flags...

I'm leaving my house flags up til the end of the week, I'll take them down on Monday.

So much for that - still have the flag up outside the house!
My car flags have gone back on!
Get in the f%~king bag.
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

On Monday night, went to walk the dogs in a place I hadn't been for about 2 years and passed a house with a huge Leinster flag in the garden. Well done house in Kilrane on way to St. Helen's beach :happy clapper: .
INFERNO CANTO 01

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

The great thing about having the Rabo Final next week is it gives an excuse to leave the house & car flags up all week.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Sarphil wrote:On Monday night, went to walk the dogs in a place I hadn't been for about 2 years and passed a house with a huge Leinster flag in the garden. Well done house in Kilrane on way to St. Helen's beach :happy clapper: .

Possibly my uncle!!
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

3 years later!!!
INFERNO CANTO 01

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

munster#1 wrote:you should leave them up until you are no longer the champions of europes greatest rugby competition, show your pride in the flag keep leinster blue for as long as possible that way you will remember everyday ye are the champs. who knows ye might never win it again so enjoy every minute.
then again if ye retain it you might need to take them down to wash them
Ah the foresight :lol: :lol: :lol: