I'll leave you to it

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

I'll leave you to it

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Decided a while ago that I'd hang up my keyboard once I reached 15,000 posts and it seems like the time has come. I've toyed with it a few times over the years but have been pretty set on it for a while now. I'm just busy with a few things and it's a good time to go. Being older than all the players now is making my teeth itch as well :lol:

Just want to say thanks to everyone who runs the site and to all the posters who've engaged, been so helpful answering questions or providing info, and just for keeping me entertained for so long. Some people really put the effort in to making this such a great site and I really do appreciate it. If my mates knew who I was then I'm sure they'd thank you all as well because I've been boring you instead of them.

Forums aren't exactly thriving these days but I really hope this place sticks around for a long time.

Thanks again everyone and all the best!

LRIP
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: I'll leave you to it

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: December 8th, 2022, 3:35 pm Decided a while ago that I'd hang up my keyboard once I reached 15,000 posts and it seems like the time has come. I've toyed with it a few times over the years but have been pretty set on it for a while now. I'm just busy with a few things and it's a good time to go. Being older than all the players now is making my teeth itch as well :lol:

Just want to say thanks to everyone who runs the site and to all the posters who've engaged, been so helpful answering questions or providing info, and just for keeping me entertained for so long. Some people really put the effort in to making this such a great site and I really do appreciate it. If my mates knew who I was then I'm sure they'd thank you all as well because I've been boring you instead of them.

Forums aren't exactly thriving these days but I really hope this place sticks around for a long time.

Thanks again everyone and all the best!

LRIP
Say it ain’t so LRIP, who’s gonna stand up for young Luke McGrath?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Best of luck with things LRIP, I shall miss you at least from the point of view that I won't be reminded of the legend that was Ollie Le Roux quite as much
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

How about one more year.
That'll get you past RWC 23.
If not then the best of luck.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Big call LRIP. I'll miss the knowledgeable & rational viewpoint. Good luck with whatever keeps your interest & juices flowing.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

All the best.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

15,000? Dilettante!

Seriously though, best of luck - you'll be missed.
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Sad to see you go, best of luck
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

You'll be missed LRIP - thanks for your input over the threads!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Thanks and all the best. It is good to purge social media from your life so I get the reason.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Good luck and thanks for all the balanced posts.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oh no - sorry to see you go LRIP. You will definitely be missed :cry: :cry: :cry:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I always enjoyed your posts and the effort to share your opinion which I would more often than not nod my head in agreement with. Your sound input will especially be missed after a big loss when usually all reason goes out the window and bland comments which generally are not backed up are flying around. You were also excellent at sniffing out a bluffer :lol:
Take care.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Come on Man. How much of your time would it take to come on here a drop some gold dust every now and then? Your wicked sense of humour is a staple of this place.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

"Just a boy, of fifteen thousand summers....."
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Best of luck LRIP, you were a good egg (like most around these shores to be fair)
I am mostly a lurker these days, this site is one of my main ports of call for all things Leinster and Ireland as other sites are too much of a p1$$ing contest or dumpster fires. This place by and large is more a convivial symposium.
We'll leave the light on for you, in case you want to make it 15,001